Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Looorreeee

DirkDeadeye

Not to say that the ones who are using their reading comprehension and devotion to the games are bad people, or wrong. Just saying, hanging on to those people doesn't equate to credability when I'm still posed with differing interpretations.

They aren't differing. For example, I agree wholehaertedly to Antoine's posts. He's just explaining it differently than I am.

This seems vaguely insulting...and lore is vitally important to any game beyond the simplest of arcade titles, why else would we have any incentive to progress through the story?

Vaugely because I'm quick to hit the submit buttion. But it's here, a multitude of intepretations of the same text. And people just pointing at the text or their interpretations saying "YEAH!"

No, it's not.

Makes zero reference to excaliber, or even the word warframe.

Only Tenno, whom which I compare to Hayden, with the glave, and the getting stabbed by Oberon bro from Russia.

Edited by DirkDeadeye

Vaugely because I'm quick to hit the submit buttion. But it's here, a multitude of intepretations of the same text. And people just pointing at the text or their interpretations saying "YEAH!"

There seems to be a common consensus that the progression goes like this: people sent to void, come back different, put into warframes. I haven't seen any other interpretations of that. The thing we don't know about stalker is where/when he got his frame. 

I can't find a timeline. Did the stalker exist in these codex entries?

Mag prime talks about being a tenno denier, Describing her people as twisted casualties during the void era.

The stalker, in my eyes talks about a simpler time before the void era. That's my interpretation.

Edited by DirkDeadeye

No, everything in this game needs to be based on lore, especially the content that's released.

If we had a soild lore base then yes but we don't. We may of had a solid lore base back in closed beta but that went flying out the door long ago.

Ah, it's too up in the air for anyone to tell me i'm wrong when i'm given 5 diffrerent interpretations.

And, don't be upset, I just like having a fun conversation. Worst that happens, I get proven wrong, but I see the bright side in that, I learn something. But still, it's so god damn up in the air, maybe the mistique is intentional.

And when I say lore is detremental, I mean that by, games features that would be kind of fun being walled off by lore.. Lore that I can't get a straight unanimous anwser out of anyone from. :/

Sure a couple people may look like he's presenting an intelligent contribution, and some hanger-oners come by to support him because they can't come up with anything better. I look past that.

The lore of warframe is some what vague and nearly everyone has their own interpretation and speculations of the lore so far. So to try and find a straight answer with out a full release of this game (or at least the lore) is going to be hard.

I can't find a timeline. Did the stalker exist in these codex entries?

I'm assuming all 4 codex entries are pre-cryosleep (as it makes the most sense), Stalker entry being the last one("waited while you slept")

Yes the stalker does say "you may forget but your sins are never forgiven" but does that make reference to the tenno before their voyage to the void, or aftter?

And what I mean by that is tenno as a whole, or tenno who went to the void?

We may be doing this game a service by hashing this S#&$ out. So bear with me.

Edited by DirkDeadeye

Really Really long time ago:

+ Hayden Tenno

Really long time ago:

+ War of the Sentients

+ warframes pressed into service

+ first Excalibur

+ Tenno betray the Orokin; Stalker watches helpless

Long time ago:

+ Stalker hunts non-hidden Tenno and their warframes

+ Stalker learns Tenno-style tactics and technologies

Last week:

+ Tenno coming out of cryo-slee

Void + tenno + void = excal

Stalker was before then..

Stalker wears a frame..

Excal awoke after stalkers prescence.

Explain.

If Excal was the first warframe..

And the manifestation of a warframe is a result of a tenno in a 'warframe' or whatever maybe infected with technofever virus while being in the void..

Then wouldin't that mean the stalker was the first warframe, since he's wearing a frame albiet a part of the 'low gaurd' and full of &!$$ and vinegar slaughtering everyone that allegedly didn't make it into a cryopod

And the reference to the first warframe is a playable character that awoke centuries (decades? who knows) after the rebellion?

WHAT SAY YOU DE?! OR PEOPLE WHO WILL NERDILY CALL ME OUT!

Wait, in dark sectors there was another frame that made the Excabilur in the Dark Sectors game. It look like a mix of both a Nyx and Excalibur, she was a female and a friend of Hayden Tenno. She was there before Hayden Tenno or the Russian scientist who had put the virus in him self of the first place. 

Wait, in dark sectors there was another frame that made the Excabilur in the Dark Sectors game. It look like a mix of both a Nyx and Excalibur, she was a female and a friend of Hayden Tenno. She was there before Hayden Tenno or the Russian scientist who had put the virus in him self of the first place. 

looked more like oberon with a skana, but maybe I'm hazy.

Dirk, here's how it went down, and this is based on the Codex:

The Orokin were at war with the Sentients. The Sentients were beating the Orokin, using all of their weapons against them. Then, in their desperation they turned to the Void, the "hellspace" that their science and reason couldn't comprehend. They sent kids on the Zariman, into the Void. The ship returned from the Void. The Orokin established a quarantine, and sent Kaleen to investigate. Kaleen, an Orokin military officer, found the kids, touched them in an attempt to comfort them, and got burned and disfigured. She gave her report to her superiors. The Orokin took the kids, and when these kids grew up (doubt they put the kids in the frames), the Orokin built warframes for these Tenno, these rejects (obviously rejected by society). They gave the Tenno swords and guns, and sent them as post-human warrior-gods to defeat the Sentients. Excalibur was the first. The Tenno did not fight alone, but alongside Orokin soldiers.

The Tenno helped the Orokin win the war against the Sentients. The Tenno were celebrated at the Terminus. The Stalker, at this point just a low Guardian, watched the celebration with the other low Guardians. Ten Naga drum beats were to sound in celebration of the Tenno victory. At the ninth beat, the Tenno turned on the Orokin. According to leaked, datamined text, the Lotus was the one who had the Tenno kill the Orokin "tyrants" in order to bring balance to the system. After they did this, they slept in cryopods, to be awoken when the system was once again out of balance. The Stalker, however, did not sleep. Most likely, he killed an Excalibur while the Tenno slept, stealing his warframe. He, and those like him, waited until the Tenno reawoke. When they did reawake, the Stalker began hunting the Tenno, dividing their numbers. Why? Because he considers their actions to be sins. This is why he hunts Tenno for the assassination of bosses in the system. He considers them murders, an added item to the Tenno's list of sins, the first sin being the betrayal of the Orokin.

There you go. The only speculation in that is how the Stalker gets an Excalibur warframe. Because either he kills a Tenno to get it, or he makes his own just like an Excalibur frame.

good catch. Yeah, I was like TL;DR but that doesn't help the timeline any. haha

It's clearly after the Tenno have been put into Warframes. This isn't that hard to understand. Here's the chronological order of the codex entries:

Ember Prime, Excalibur Prime, Mag Prime, Stalker. The war with the Sentients has started already. The part of Excalibur Prime's codex page where it talks about them turning to the Void? That's Ember Prime's codex entry. They build the Warframes after that. Mag Prime's codex is after Excalibur Prime's, and describes the Orokin soldiers' perspective of the Warframe-clad Tenno, who they see as myths and legends. Stalker's Codex page is after the Sentients have been defeated.

Edited by AntoineFlemming

Dirk, here's how it went down, and this is based on the Codex:

The Orokin were at war with the Sentients. The Sentients were beating the Orokin, using all of their weapons against them. Then, in their desperation they turned to the Void, the "hellspace" that their science and reason couldn't comprehend. They sent kids on the Zariman, into the Void. The ship returned from the Void. The Orokin established a quarantine, and sent Kaleen to investigate. Kaleen, an Orokin military officer, found the kids, touched them in an attempt to comfort them, and got burned and disfigured. She gave her report to her superiors. The Orokin took the kids, and when these kids grew up (doubt they put the kids in the frames), the Orokin built warframes for these Tenno, these rejects (obviously rejected by society). They gave the Tenno swords and guns, and sent them as post-human warrior-gods to defeat the Sentients. Excalibur was the first. The Tenno did not fight alone, but alongside Orokin soldiers.

The Tenno helped the Orokin win the war against the Sentients. The Tenno were celebrated at the Terminus. The Stalker, at this point just a low Guardian, watched the celebration with the other low Guardians. Ten Naga drum beats were to sound in celebration of the Tenno victory. At the ninth beat, the Tenno turned on the Orokin. According to leaked, datamined text, the Lotus was the one who had the Tenno kill the Orokin "tyrants" in order to bring balance to the system. After they did this, they slept in cryopods, to be awoken when the system was once again out of balance. The Stalker, however, did not sleep. Most likely, he killed an Excalibur while the Tenno slept, stealing his warframe. He, and those like him, waited until the Tenno reawoke. When they did reawake, the Stalker began hunting the Tenno, dividing their numbers. Why? Because he considers their actions to be sins. This is why he hunts Tenno for the assassination of bosses in the system. He considers them murders, an added item to the Tenno's list of sins, the first sin being the betrayal of the Orokin.

There you go. The only speculation in that is how the Stalker gets an Excalibur warframe. Because either he kills a Tenno to get it, or he makes his own just like an Excalibur frame.

I know..

The stalker mentioned the 9th beat, he was there. When did he get the suit? Was he an exile? Was he the first? Bias on the tenno end would suggest that Excal would be the first.. how true is that? What if the stalker was a prototype? Who wrote the codex?

Wouldint you want to try to justify your cause in the face of a vengeful monster, who was out of a handful of disfigured survivors of a trial run to protect the intial batch of successful warframes?

Edited by DirkDeadeye

Yes the stalker does say "you may forget but your sins are never forgiven" but does that make reference to the tenno before their voyage to the void, or aftter?

Antoine's post explains it (just like Ionus and my previous posts tried to), maybe you'll finally get it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As of how and when Stalker got his suit remains a mystery.

I'd speculate he's either also a mutated kid with somewhat lesser powers (so he's not as awesome as tenno warrior gods, thus a 'low guardian') or the low guardians had some basic warframe suits, without void superpowers.

Again, that's all just my imagination. Maybe DE just didn't give a ship and copy pasted excal's model with a different helmet, calling it a stalker for lulz.