Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Utter Nonsense (Obsidian Yomo Syandana)

So... It's time for a rant. I looked at the renown pack and it turns its a Reskin of the yomo syanada. This is just lazy and unfair when pc gets exclusive skins sets such as the rubedo and phased skins. Unless we get this soon, i find this is just unacceptable. There is no solid reason why we get a awful Reskin when pc gets entire sets. Ok im done. Who knows maybe a dev may appear and tell me its coming. But who am I kidding.

The rubedo and phased skins are for the steam sales and the steam marketplace.
That's why we get them and the PS4 doesnt.
Its not like the skins are extra special anyways.

They were part of the medal crafting that takes part for steams sales.

Edited by Tsukinoki

So... It's time for a rant. I looked at the renown pack and it turns its a Reskin of the yomo syanada. This is just lazy and unfair when pc gets exclusive skins sets such as the rubedo and phased skins. Unless we get this soon, i find this is just unacceptable. There is no solid reason why we get a awful Reskin when pc gets entire sets. Ok im done. Who knows maybe a dev may appear and tell me its coming. But who am I kidding.

Well we most likely will be getting an entire set as the name of the renown pack has a 1 in it so I imagine it there will be more renown pack. I do agree that Obsidian design is pretty lazy compared to the other special reskined syandanas.

Edit: also DE Drew commented on my thread last week that he passed along feedback saying the Obsidian needed a more "wow" factor -https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/248051-obsidian-yomo-syandana/

Edited by (PS4)luvmesomeragers

The rubedo and phased skins are for the steam sales and the steam marketplace.

That's why we get them and the PS4 doesnt.

Its not like the skins are extra special anyways.

They were part of the medal crafting that takes part for steams sales.

No, they aren't very special.  They can't even be altered in any major ways, making them become dull after awhile in my opinion.  Still, that doesn't mean that it's fair the PS4 crowd is constantly missing out on the timed cosmentics and items that PC keep on getting due to them always being out of sync with the updates.

And I know it's not DE's fault alone that they don't get updates quickly, what with the certification process they have to jump through with Sony and all.  If they have the option to get things like the holiday weapon skins or color packs, or their own exclusive items that won't be available on PC for an equal price and a later date, then everything should be fine.  But leaving them in the dust all the time is not fair to them.

Hold on... phased and rubedo are also just reskins. So is your complaint directed at PC simply having a larger number of skins? Because I am quite sure that it was stated there would be more renown packs for more skins.

Hold on... phased and rubedo are also just reskins. So is your complaint directed at PC simply having a larger number of skins? Because I am quite sure that it was stated there would be more renown packs for more skins.

i can give a example of unique skin. Phased syanadas and phased Vauban are not reproducible in game...

i can give a example of unique skin. Phased syanadas and phased Vauban are not reproducible in game...

Well neither is a obsidian yomo syandana. PC will never see it because that is a PS4 exclusive. And that's fine. We have our skins, you're getting yours, I don't see what you are so unhappy about.

Edited by TerraNovaX

Still just reskins of pre-existing things in the game. Again, not so much a PC exclusive as it is a Steam exclusive, only obtainable through crafting a badge during the Steam Sale it was for. Ignoring the fact that consoles lag behind with updates (and frankly, are putting a bottleneck on PC updates now), it still isn't because the devs favour PC over PS4, it's because we have special events on PC.

the Rubedo and phased sets are just reskins to :P And its only Steam PC players. I dont play on Steam so I missed out. You guys got Exclusive color picker and weapon skins and an exclusive syndana, the PC players didnt get that. You arent entitled to anything that is on the PC. and plus there  is a whole slew of stuff that is on the PC coming to you PS players.

Edited by Senketsu_

Cleaning by fire.

... done.

To trolls PC players: you are the shame of our community when you stigmatize/argue childishly with the PS4 players. As the elder Tenno, we all have the responsability to help them, support them, accompany them under the light of Honor.

To OP: i feel your frustration, but a rant is just a rant. You're tired of the gap between PC and PS4. That a thing which deserves to be dug. The PC and PS4 developments are not the same. Their constraints are not the same. PC will never be PS4. So it's futile to try to want them to have the same things cause they haven't the same story. PC Warframe is older, while PS4 is younger.

You could give some suggestions? You PS4 guys are talented, i'm sure. What are your ideas which would please you a lot as PS4 players? Draw exclusives items for PS4. Think about things that would allow the PS4 players to feel good. Something that would make the story of PS4 warframe unique. Rather than wanting to have what the PC Warframe have.

Do not compare. See PS4 warframe as an independant entity. What is good? What could be changed? What could be cool? I think you should think to build your own story, rather than compare to PC Warframe. It brings uncessary suffering.

Would you compare your drawings with a paintor with 20 years of experience? Or your properties with someone who gathered money for 20 years before you? No. But you can build and enjoy your life with your own vision. And make it better and better.

These were my thought. I hope it will help.

Now as a moderator again: stop the flames.

In this topic.

And every and each topic in these forums.

And in the world.

No, seriously.

The issue isn't that things are reskins - it's the wealth of very cool reskins that the PC crowd has versus the meager, extremely underwhelming two (2) things that the PS4 has had since Warframe launched on it.

We have seriously seen just a preorder incentive Black-and-Blue Braton and this Black-and-Blue Yomo Syandana recolor.  That's it.

The Braton was fine, whatever.  The palette-swapped Yomo that we can't change any colors on, we threw $8-10 bucks at it.

More than any of this, we're concerned about this "Obsidian" thing that DE and/or Sony is pushing because PS4 players playing Warframe on the PS4 doesn't mean we want to look like PS4s, all Black-and-Blue.  We have a deep concern that we're going to see a lot of stuff with this theme and then we're all going to run around like an army of bruises, barely visible in the darker maps except for the bright electric blue on our Tron gear.

You cannot downplay our concerns just because PC players "also" got "recolored" or "reskinned" items.  The Phased and Rubedo stuff - just speaking to these two instances of the wealth of PC exclusives - is very cool stuff.  That Rubedo Yamako Syandana is also going to have some substantial legs on it, even when people get tired of seeing Rubedo red Rhinos all over the place.  That Syandana is going to be cool for a long time, just like the Phased Asa.  On top of that, these are sets of very cool stuff; we're talking five or six items per set of these PC exclusives.

Edited by (PS4)Hooligantuan

I don't want to be "that guy" but chill out my PS4 brethren:

a. The stuff isn't that great at all - especially the Rubedo items which were very disappointing in comparison to the Phased items. You can mimic that with colours in-game.

b. They are overpriced as all heck on the Steam market due to the arbitrary rarity system Steam put on the items. Nobody is going to pay 40+ Euro for Rubedo Plated Vipers. Even 5+ Euro for a Rubedo Drakgoon is laughable.

The things DE releases - either normally or through Prime Accessories - are way cooler and better designed than this Steam crap. Phased Asa was the only good thing to come out of this and that was only for a short while; it was quickly surpassed in coolness by more recent Syandanas.

Wait...our exklusives aren't reskins?

They just don't get them so they're more special despite being the same thing. Not all the PC players have access to them either. Facts should never get in the way of Internet rage and entitlement though.

Edited by NevanChambers