Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remove Super Speed/super Slow From Molecular Prime.

ProfessorMeeseeks

Even if I do not really mind these builds, it really sounds like a bug.

Almost all scalings in the game are multiplicative. MPrime's speed debuff is one of the few, if not the only one, with an additive Power Strength scaling. And this inconsistent mechanics is the source of the weird speed.

All this war for a "+" instead of a "*" somewhere in the code...

Every other time I visit Sechura I'm either Nova or Vauban unless I'm leveling a specific frame. Players always seem to welcome Novas as they make the defense waves go so much faster and then there's the double damage.  During a lot of Sechura runs players leave early if they don't want to go 40 waves with that random team or are just after credits.  I get a lot more extended runs when using overextended Nova instead of Vauban.  I wouldn't say I spam MP but I do use it at the start of each wave and twice a wave on the medium to larger sized maps.  If anything I spam AMD a lot when I get bored.  I make a giant spiral of AMD balls into the sky then when they start to hit the top of the sky limit I plunge them all directly down.  Noone says anything about it though.

The OP is the first person I've seen who's expressed feelings of annoyance concerning Nova's MP speed altering effect. 

Well that's not true, I've been annoyed at Nova uses who used max power strength MP on Lech Kril or Sargas Ruk.  Fricken annoying but I asked them to stop and they did.

See, whenever I mention anything about it to people who are spamming mprime, they end up getting rather defensive and get extremely disrespectful (name calling, spamming it even more, going after mobs that I am going after, etc.) 

I wouldn't have any issue with it if it wasn't every single match and every single Nova player using this build. Gets really old and frustrating.

Worst thing is people are starting to troll slowing down defences or speeding up survivals. 

Its back to 'see Nova spamming ult  - leave'

That's where I'm at. When Nova was first released, I couldn't stand the constant mprime spam. I learned to deal with it after awhile. Nova players ended up thinning out after all the hype. Now Nova is basically back where it was. Endless amount of Nova users spamming endless mprimes, and now I'm back to just aborting whenever I see one. Gets quite frustrating, screws with hitboxes, causes more lag for people with lower end computers (not talking about myself, multiple people I know get fps drops with the super speed build due to everything moving so quickly), screws with people not being able to get their side task (bonus affinity), and leaves the rest of the group just standing around twiddling their thumbs because there is nothing to do.

OP: "I want this to change because it PERSONALLY annoys me, and my opinion is law so it HAS to change."

Half the time stuff like this is countered by "I don't want this to change because I'm PERSONALLY fine with it, and my opinion is law so it has to stay the same".

It's not different.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

See, whenever I mention anything about it to people who are spamming mprime, they end up getting rather defensive and get extremely disrespectful (name calling, spamming it even more, going after mobs that I am going after, etc.) 

I wouldn't have any issue with it if it wasn't every single match and every single Nova player using this build. Gets really old and frustrating.

Sounds like you're easily annoyed and would get just as easily annoyed by Saryn/Volt/Rhino rushing around spamming their Misma/Overload/Stomp.  Hell, I bet you would go ape S#&$ over a Suicide Trinity wiping out the whole level with their link but those users are extreme rare encounters.

"Gets really old and frustrating." can be applied to anything with a sliver of being overpowered.

Sounds like you're easily annoyed and would get just as easily annoyed by Saryn/Volt/Rhino rushing around spamming their Misma/Overload/Stomp.  Hell, I bet you would go ape S#&$ over a Suicide Trinity wiping out the whole level with their link but those users are extreme rare encounters.

"Gets really old and frustrating." can be applied to anything with a sliver of being overpowered.

In his defense, none of those are as large and as mission-affecting as Molecular Prime.

It covers entire cells and speeds or slows an army of enemies almost simultaneously. 

• 2 months later...

THIS is why Nova is my favourite frame. Can speed/slow enemies in-game, and speed up salty tears irl. Besides, it amazes me that Nova gets all this CoD-player hate, yet Mirage can just chuck prisms and no one bats an eye.

Both need changes

M primes slow effect is far too strong

Prism is just too strong in every aspect especially when combined with her ability to double buff both offensively and defensively for near nothing

Quit complaining. If you have a problem with Speed Novas, maybe you should take a look at WHY they are being used in the first place. The reason is quite simple. Speed Novas help us farm faster. That's it. It's the same reason Nekros' spam Desecrate and the same reason people rush. To get their reward (whatever that may be) faster. That's why they are used.

Maybe I don't want to have to play solo all the time, maybe I like to take the chance of finding a group that will go past wave 5 on any given defense. I always ask why Novas use the boring super speed build and their responses are always the same. To speed things up so the mission is over quicker. If they honestly wanted to make things go even quicker, doing solo runs makes it go even faster since you don't have to wait on timers or anything at the end of the wave. So it honestly makes no sense to bring that kind of build into a group. 

As for the slow, It gets incredibly annoying when you are doing survivals, extreminate, defenses, etc. It isn't common by any means, but I have seen a few Nova players built like that. 

As I stated in my original post, The default slow speed is fine. Anything slower tends to cause certain mission types to go even slower. Survivals and Defense are the main missions that are affected by the extreme slow.

Maybe you should realize if you play with pubs you have to deal with what you get.

Why should everyone lose the ability to speed up and slow down with Nova just because you don't like it?

Maybe you should realize if you play with pubs you have to deal with what you get.

Why should everyone lose the ability to speed up and slow down with Nova just because you don't like it?

Speed up requires specific setups to ensure success

Slow down is broken entirely and somehow hasnt been nerfed yet

I hate speed nova as well. It just gets players killed and makes it hard to kill stuff. If you're doing an Infested mission, and somebody is levelling their melee weapon, when a speed nova uses MollyP, all the runners clamber on to them, and explode when they get killed, downing the other players.

and it makes it a lot harder to kill things quickly, unless you have Vauban, because where all the stuff is running around the screen, its impossible to aim at them. I prefer it when they're slow moving, so I can take 1, precise shot, and I might take out 30 enemies with it, as opposed to wasting an entire magazine where they're running around on speed.

Today, a Nova walked into Sechura with me, she said "Ah, crap, wrong build!". She was using a Slow build. I thanked her.

yea, sometimes, there are people died faster for making the Enemies SpeedingUp than their usual's and after reviving them they've still Continuing doing it' how ironic is that? lolz

just like you've said, why don't they Go SOLO for doing stuff that makes you annoyed to death, resulting of Leaving the session for that manner'

or

why won't you Go SOLO, instead of meeting STRANGERS doing stuffs that might lead to Annoy You, perhaps?

[the same as to those Ultimates' Spammers that getting all the kills at Low lvl missions (ruining the fun and the Co-Op)] (not sure if a Pro or an Tro||)