Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, Please Please Do Not Do Business With Perfect World (Mega/hyper/ultrathread)

wendiGhoul

Hey apparently something similar happened with steam where PW was given rights to basically run Dota 2 in china. Something similar might be happening.

That is the ONLY involvement with PWE that would not be an entire abdication of DE's commitment to its players.

WOAH WAIT... i have a genious plan

IF perfect world buys out DE, WE BUY OUT THEM(thats going to be like what, three fifty?

Calculating the volume to the actual stock price, the complete volume is worth around 12 Million USD.

If each player of Warframe would spend 5$, we would probably be able to buy the whole company.

AND THEN FIRE EVERYONE.

Everyone I know it seems hopeless butt I'd like too add my grain of sand. I'm sick of all these things about how it's ganna happen. Its seems like we really can't confirm anything until DE responds, or maybe I'm just being ignorant,  however I'd like to at least be in the know so to all who see this We can't just hope and prey that it wont happen. We need to push and squeeze DE for details because we are The war frame community and we demand a voice for the game we care about) so please to all who care "do what you can do if you can do it". I don't want to see this game die and I'm sure you don't want that either.

As far as I know, the developers of DE have no say in this matter. If this is true, then the shareholders have all the power and what they say, goes. The developers, undoubtedly, want to avoid this deal as much as we do-- but it's just not within their jurisdiction. I do, however, believe that they will definitely attempt to persuade the shareholders not to sell.

[size=6]BUISNESS TALK[/size]

Hmm reading over the information I am not entirely sure we actually need to be all that worried.

It seems to state that they intend to buy any outstanding shares, meaning that they will own a portion of the interests in the company. The precise percentage of ownership is not stated. At anything below a 10% means they really have no say in the direction the company is taking, and even if more than this was owned a majority vote is needed before any changes are made.

Furthermore purchasing a stake in a company entitles you to make choices in the direction of the company, stuff like development of products is usually left to the people who know what they are doing.

Really after looking at it from an accounting/economics standpoint has reduced the amount I am worrying about this news.

Edited by Sixty5

20 pages and still no reply?

Silence can be taken as an answer DE. And it's an answer we don't want.

you measure time with minutes and hours.

It's been 2 hours only.

I imagine DE staff was not even aware of this.

Now they're asking to direction what to say, they're having a meeting. At the end they decide what statement they will make.

So it's gonna take a little bit more than 2 hours. 

As far as I know, the developers of DE have no say in this matter. If this is true, then the shareholders have all the power and what they say, goes. The developers, undoubtedly, want to avoid this deal as much as we do-- but it's just not within their jurisdiction. I do, however, believe that they will definitely attempt to persuade the shareholders not to sell.

The only thing they can do is put their careers on the line and walk off the project if this goes forward. Flat walk...I hope the devs do this if this turns out to be true. Things suck right now...but being a dev of this game under those conditions..i think i'd rather eat a bullet.

Hmm reading over the information I am not entirely sure we actually need to be all that worried.

It seems to state that they intend to buy any outstanding shares, meaning that they will own a portion of the interests in the company. The precise percentage of ownership is not stated. At anything below a 10% means they really have no say in the direction the company is taking, and even if more than this was owned a majority vote is needed before any changes are made.

Furthermore purchasing a stake in a company entitles you to make choices in the direction of the company, stuff like development of products is usually left to the people who know what they are doing.

Really after looking at it from an accounting/economics standpoint has reduced the amount I am worrying about this news.

In the business standpoint, that would mean longer time for decision-making due to conflicting interests, which will pull down the game. 

It seems the 3rd party share holders want in on whatever DE is making of warframe as of today. What I have to say, Did they contribute like the founders? The players? The ones who spend a few dollars, a few houndred, a few thousand! Those were the ones who build this future. ( Dont forget the terrabytes of hours put into the game. Remember, time is money. Money is time in their view. "Perfect World my &#!))  

Did they contribute? Or did they sit back and wait for the success of warframe and said, "hey, we are partners right? We want everything you have done, we take over now. You go home with little money in you'r pockets and done deal. Its like a guy does all the work, and the dipS#&$ comes and take the credit for it. Did they have any helping hand with the development of warframe? Those are the questions in moral whom witch determines if they really have anything to do with this game. 

I have already advised my clanmates and alliance members(around 3000 players) to stop buying platinum until DE's official response about this.

We are very familiar with PW's capability of turning awesome games into mindless money sinks. So it is better to stop paying for a would be money-sink game sooner than later. We will resume our normal platinum purchase when DE denies PW's investment or when we are made sure PW's involvement will not affect the future development of Warframe(might take a few month).

As clanmate/alliance-mate of Lyvshalker, I agree to what he said. I will stop my platinum purchase until we are assured that PW's involvement won't adversely affect the game.