Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, Please Please Do Not Do Business With Perfect World (Mega/hyper/ultrathread)

wendiGhoul

i don't really care what de's plan is but if pw gets there hands on even 1 share of this company i'm gone pwe has destroyed several good games i have played and i absolutely refuse to take part in anything they have to with or any company that associates with there cancer period

I'm sure I speak for all the warframe fans out there, that if you give partnership to PWE you will see a dramatic decrease in players and purchases. I can see the future, and this game has none if you give it all to greedy PWE, they will run this game through the spin cycle and completely deface it.

The worst thing that can happen that the next frame will have E+ boobs, huge butts, string-wide armor that hardly cover nipples and {what suppose to be hidden in bikini area}, with HUGE eyes and hairy ears ontop of the head... (big sarcasm)

And to be honest to all of this... When 1 company sells it's guts to other, there is 2 reasons:

1st. It's financial horizons is in deep... urrr... ocean bottom. (aw common. I never believe that DE has financial problems)

2nd. The CEO of company is greedy {reverse monuments}.

P.S. WTS Pitchforks and Torches.

...yeeeaaaah,  noooooo. That's way too simplistic. They're selling outstanding shares, which if I've been informed correctly, are different Authorized Shares. They can make however @(*()$ many oustanding shares they want, but! They're an Ltd., so. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ltd.

But yeah, however the F*** many oustanding shares they want. They're under a non-binding agreement, so they can't go making up other offers for 40 days or so, but they can accept them. But, of course, they can't sell shares to the public.

In order for PWE to have control, they would have to purchase majority shares, which we don't know because no one's shown the correct proof. All we have is a vague document with no numbers, only the words "All outstanding shares", which tell us a whole lot of @(*()$ nothing.

Edited by Sidathe

I agree with you. 

This agreement is nothing to panic about if you know what the documents are actually stating.

Let me explain this rationally. I apologise to those who have expressed great disagreement to this, but please, do not rule this side of thinking out.

For the first source I will explain: http://iis.quamnet.com/media/IRAnnouncement/1089/EN_US/001947020-0.PDF

"PROPOSED INVESTMENT IN DIGITAL EXTREMES"

This line itself explains that the two companies, Sumpo Food and Perfect Online are proposing to INVEST in Digital Extremes (DE). This means that they want to put money into the company [DE] in hopes of profit. This investment into DE will definitely help the company in continuing their operations.

"...the Purchasers intend to purchase, and Vendors intend to sell, all the outstanding shares of Digital Extremes (“Proposed Investment”)"

In this case, the purchasers are the above two mentioned companies. The Vendors is the company [DE] or holders of these shares who wish to sell to the purchasers. Note the terms "outstanding shares", this refers to all the shares that DE has issued. The main point here is WHAT DE HAS ISSUED. To define shares, this is a unit of ownership of the company that represents an equal proportion of a company's capital. I have no knowledge of how many shares DE has issued, or if they issued any at all yet.

For this, I will explain what the person I have quoted is saying, "this is only a bad thing if Sumpo/PWE get enough shares to make decisions. If they do not, then all's well and DE just has more money to spend. If they do, then they can do pretty much what they want. "
For example, DE might have issued 20% shares of their company. Perfect Online and Sumpo will buy all outstanding shares - this means they will purchase all the shares issued, that is, 20% of the company. It really depends on the amount that has been issued. Simply put, the amount of the shares sold does not have the amount of power on the company. They may have an influence and part ownership, but this does not mean that they will completely take over DE itself or affect their operations. If anything, they will only have influence but not total decision. This is why nothing has happened to Warframe as of yet.

"The Purchasers and the Vendors have not yet entered into any legally binding definitive agreement in relation to the Proposed Investment." This means that the vendors of DE who have shares can retract from this agreement. They don't have to go through with it.

Perfect World Entertainment (PWE) buying out DE? Not likely. We don't know how many shares have been issued.

Sumpo Foods? This is only a business selling chicken meat products. What can chicken meat products do to a game company? KFC us all?

"Perfect Online". This is, as stated in the document, "a company incorporated under the laws of Hong Kong, a wholly-owned subsidiary of 

Perfect World Co., Ltd. (“Perfect World”), a company listed on the NASDAQ Global Select Market. Perfect World is a leading online game developer and operator based in China." 
This is only a smaller branch company of Perfect World itself. They do hold influence by PWE but it's not likely that they will affect the whole operations of DE. 

Please do not read articles that simply state that DE will be "bought out" by PWE. It is all dependent on how many shares DE has issued. My assumption is, DE hasn't issued more than 50% of the company. [Don't hurt me!]
No need to panic, besides, the game isn't going to be ruined simply by this negotiation. I know that PWE has "ruined" games previously, as the majority of the community has stated. But please. We really need to consider that DE will not likely sell out the majority of their company. I'm sure DE wants to have majority of control over their operations, they are a customer satisfaction business only wanting the best for the community.

Don't fight DE or Perfect Word/Sumpo Foods. Do research, remember: you are more likely to believe in something that instills fear rather than reassures you. Media is one, "http://massively.joystiq.com/2014/07/02/perfect-world-entertainment-buys-digital-extremes/". No evidence to support the company has been "bought out". Where are the numbers? Truthful documents? Explanations?

Think rationally, people. I'm sure DE is concerned about this too, but only because the community is acting on this negatively. This negotiated investment is more likely to help DE continue satisfying their customers, the community, us, if it pulls through. I know this post is long... but I really hate seeing people panic and think about deleting their accounts or "abandoning ship" over something that hasn't been proven yet. Don't worry, no stress! The game is still good. It really depends on whether they have issued a lot of shares or not much at all. I'm sorry if this has come off as rude, but I want to calm your hearts. Calm down people, take it easy for the sake of DE so they can rest too.

Jimmies return to normal status. 

DE please don't make me regret my time, effort and money in this game. I'm not gonna spend any of my hard-earn money to those corpus for sure.

I really don't want this to be my first post and last butttt anything's fine it's all about money anyway this's thin line that DE can cross easily now so i'll wait for them to make their decision.

the catch here is the devs honestly care about the end result of the game, they are the face of DE that we see. so the assumption is (and has been thus far true) that DE cares about the end result of Warframe. im not leaving til i find out for sure one way or another, but every time i think about playing warframe with this... mess looming, i just get depressed.

Warframe has one of the best communities i have seen in ages. i mean seriously, i have alot of fun just chatting while we defend the pod or whatever. and when i think about it in context, its hilarious. here we are killing insane ammounts of infested, corpus, grineer and corrupted... and we are comparing TV shows and comics? that and the promise of more fun things to do has kept my interest...

i trust DE with the game, but i do not trust PW with it. THAT is why im even considering leaving the game. the only reason. i would stay here for good times and bad (oh dear god the bad luck sprees sometimes) out of respect for the game, respect for DE, and love of the community. but i will not do so for Perfect World. tried it before, will NOT try again. learned my lesson with them.

PWE makes everything pay to win.  Warframe is already heavily influenced lately by putting new releases behind clan tech and prime drops.  When I first saw clan tech weapons available for sale in the market I actually quit the game for 4 months.  The prices on the plat market are outrageous enough as is.  30p for 9000 credits?  90p for 3 rare fusion cores?  That's ridiculous. 

If PWE gets a hold of this game, they'll add a subscription that gives player such and such platinum per month, increasing consecutively.

Weapons will take forever to grind, similar to grinding in Planetside 2.  Even when they player has collected materials and components for a weapon, the build time will be prohibitively long with a very expensive plat rush on it.

Server quality will drop, but subscribed players will have priority.

There will be little to no future content updates.

Now the part about this that I find infuriating is that DE marketed the Founders package.  Many of us bought in, because we wanted to see the company get going.  My husband and I both bought the Grand Master pack, in hopes to see Warframe take on additional staff and increase the pace of content release.  Sadly we didn't see much content increase, especially in the way of story, but oh well we liked the game before and we still liked it enough to keep on.  Warframe continued packages like this, asking players for as much as $140 every update with the Prime Access.  That's more than enough for the company to continue operating independently with the developers making good money, with extra staff, to work a reasonable work week and dish out content like no tomorrow.  But still, we're lucky to get a weapon a week, and to live off the procrastinated promises of story content and evolutions of game mechanics(like immersive PvP). 

Now, when DE has effectively garnered a large player base of which a majority have invested some amount of money into the game whether it's a little or a lot, they're selling it to make even more money.  That's as bad as comcast charging customers for internet access then charging Netflix to allow customers to see the content the customers are already paying for, or worse.  It's absolutely gut wrenching.

For me, personally, this is a life lesson.  This is a lesson that I shouldn't ever have faith in these companies, and I should never take my money and hand it out to someone else with the faith that they'll do me even for what I'm paying them for.  I'll put the money in savings, and I'll take what I can get and only offer monetary support after I've enjoyed the product, and will limit my donation to the amount I've already enjoyed it.

My faith and hope is gone.  I was stupid to buy the grand master founder package.  I'm stupid for wearing my founder's shirt today to the gym and telling some guy about Warframe when he asked.  I'm just foolish for having faith in a company to allow its developers to make something worth while and keep it going.

Rebecca has been amazing.  Megan was awesome as well.  The developers, while sometimes I question their work ethic, have produced some fantastic game mechanics with the Evolution engine.  I hate how so much of the money they make goes to the top, and despite it all going to the top, the top management is being greedier still and selling us all out.  And, that's why we just don't see good games anymore, because some douchebage in a suit who does nothing but push stocks around always ruins it.

Screw DE and screw every hedgefund manager and CEO stealing all the money from the hard working game developers. 

Never, ever, again.

you really think that after seeing this stunt that they actually ever cared about the game? I mean @(*()$ look at this tomogatchi system coming out and this whole selling out thing >_> honestly I'm over it and I am so so beyond disgusted that I had any faith in this company at all.

the only people that get pride out of their work at the company are the people that are actually being creative and developing pretty things. the coders on the other hand have got to do crap in such a way that they can make money. theres no pride in developing a crap game

what stunt precisely? because first off, the kubrows are a really popular alternative to the sentinels and NOT something thats even remotely required. if you dont like the kubrows you CAN keep using the sentinels you already have set up. its called giving players options. you dont have to agree with the option, you dont have to like the additional choices available, but the point is its a choice. if you dont like it, dont deal with it. its not a forced part of the game in the slightest.

second off, this whole uberthread crap is about the community (including me) freaking out over ONE SMALL PIECE of information. so no, i dont judge DE over this. getting a publisher is not a bad thing and if thats all this is, then i and a godly chunk of the community will be perfectly fine with it. problem is we dont have any information so everyone is fearing the worst possible scenario!