The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, Please Please Do Not Do Business With Perfect World (Mega/hyper/ultrathread)

wendiGhoul

All of the "sources" are website I don't trust and have iffy credibility. Also they probably see the monster thread developing and are in a meeting now talking about it either to:

A (and most likely) Figure out who posted it since it not true or

B preparing to give the bad news.

aastocks is a legitimate news website for Hong Kong's stock market (http://www.aastocks.com/en/default.aspx).

They've also reported on the acquisition: http://www.aastocks.com/en/News/HK6/61/NOW.612668.html

As the company is Chinese, you're probably only going to see news about it in Chinese news sources.

In one hour, this thread has amassed half the replies that the U14 hype thread had. I can't imagine what'll happen if this goes unanswered for a day or more.

We'll buy Sumpo food on our own and order em to never touch DE while supplying meatbuns with all future platinum purchases.

I got to agree with the majority here : all games that was taken by PWE ended up a bastardized abomination of its former self.

I played Champions Online pre-PWE when it had a subscription. It was a fun game and for the time I had spent on it, it felt like money well spent. Trying to go back at it now, it feels so alien it hurts.

I played Blacklight Retribution. At first, during open beta then when it went live, it was pretty decent, with options to gain parts by ingame currency indefinitively. Now, I downloaded it on my PS4 and PC; no such option remains; you want 1 part or gun forever? It's 5 to 10$ apiece.

Neverwinter : at release, it was pretty fun to play with a couple of friends, with the toolset giving budding creators a way to make custom content and Neverwinter actually encouraging players to play that content. Now, it feels like it's stuck in molasse.

I never personally played Star Trek Online but a few of my friends did. After the game went to PWE, they stopped playing entirely merely 2 weeks in. Mind you, they played it a bit casually and for fun so really, the game just wasn't fun to play anymore.

Most of their in-house game do actually use the same engine over and over. While it's not a bad practice overall, the speed at which they push out new games instead of actually trying to better their existing ones feels like they're trying to go for quantity over quality. None of their in-house titles felt appealing to me and some were quite lacking overall.

This is in stark contrast with Warframe that do have delays in some updates but actually ensures a semblance of quality and dedication. Warframe isn't a throwaway project of DE, it's THEIR only project, THEIR focus. If PWE buys DE Ltd. and decides to 'perfect' Warframe (as in, make demands to make the game more inline with PWE business practices), I can already taste the ressentment that those changes will bring.

Didn't something EXACTLY like this happen several months back when someone made a thread with "evidence" saying that [insert Evil Company Here] was buying out Digital Extremes, and a few hours later DE confirmed it to be false?

It was actually a business deal to have that site be a distribution platform for Warframe, much like how Steam does right now. In other words, they hosted the launcher and a payment option to buy plat through their website, nothing more.

This is different as it's actually asset acquisition meaning that PW is trying to BUY DE / Warframe, not offer to distribute it.

Edited by Wiegraf

IF PW buys this game, first thing ill do is Uninstall Warframe. Then i'll never look at Warframe again. Finally, Ill throw my laptop out the window and Hulk smash the &^%^ out of it.

This is, in fact, the only rational thing to do in that event.

IF there are any "negotiations" to begin with. For all we know it could be Perfect World going "Pretty please?" and DE going "No." over and over.

I so imagine a family guy consuela going no.. noo.... That aside, them saying no could have led to them saying: Fine, we'll just go buy the stocks then ourselves.

I played Blacklight Retribution. At first, during open beta then when it went live, it was pretty decent, with options to gain parts by ingame currency indefinitively. Now, I downloaded it on my PS4 and PC; no such option remains; you want 1 part or gun forever? It's 5 to 10$ apiece.

I know, I heard they solved connectivity issues, I went back to it and was immediately disappointed.

Plan of action if DE is purchased by PW: Demand money refunds

Plan of action if DE denies everything and it turns out it was a big hoax: No more complaining of RNG.

Screw just demanding refunds. They wont give it. The only option you will have is to contact the bank and reverse the charges. Doing so will likely get your account banned. It could have effects on your steam account if you did it through them. Be very careful how you handle it but its the only way to be sure you get your money back. 

Plan of action if DE is purchased by PW: Demand money refunds

Plan of action if DE denies everything and it turns out it was a big hoax: No more complaining of RNG.

I would worship RNG if this ends up fake!!!