The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, Please Please Do Not Do Business With Perfect World (Mega/hyper/ultrathread)

wendiGhoul

I've started the petition "Digital Extremes: Not to sellout Warframe to Perfect World" and need your help to get it off the ground.

Will you take 30 seconds to sign it right now? Here's the link:

http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/digital-extremes-not-to-sellout-warframe-to-perfect-world

Here's why it's important:

Warframe Is a game that many enjoy playing because of the constant updates, fair maketplace, and involvement the community has over the game with the company (Digital Extremes) Losing DE's control over Warframe could mean the end of Warframe for good because of the lack of involvement that will FOR SURE happen between the DEVs and the community causing the loss of supporters of the game. I love Warframe, It is an amzing game with an amzing community and team of Devs, I would hate to see this all go in the trash and out the window.

You can sign my petition by clicking here.

Thanks! 

Bryan Hoang

Someone's beat you to it.

Ya I've been playing since update 7 so almost 4 years now and if this were to go through I will probably stop all at once on PC and ps4 because with a lottery system implemented there's no reason to play there will be no more fun in the game especially if game updates and fixes are slowed dramatically. 

This is the reason why PW acquired DE:

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/219816/Perfect_World_wants_your_next_F2P_game_on_its_new_Arc_platform.php

For a moment, players will see no changes with the direction where DE is heading. However, things will start changing, subtle at first, then eventually everything will be under the PW's policy. I've seen this many times already. Warframe is just a perfect candidate that has already enough amount of fan base and it's growing, thanks to the works of Steve and the teams. Thus, it has the potential to become one of the world best F2P. The fact that PW has put DE under its yoke, it is now just a matter of time.

I have played and abandoned a few MMO F2P games already due some similar situation. I have witnessed the whole process over and over again. We would want to believe that DE is different, but it is unlikely. Nor DE would have a control. When you use someone's money/resources you will have follow their policy. At first the company would issue some statement that everything will be business as usually.... but eventually it's not. When a big company takes over, it's all about money, revenue and bottom lines. By then, DE would not have a choice of making a game for players anymore, but rather DE would need to develop a game that can effectively cashing out the players. Also, players who dislike DRM or players who like continue launch the game out of Steam's will slowly be converted to a new PW's controlled DRM system - Arc. I think at this points, while still playing Warframe, it's a good idea to start exploring another F2P game for future game play investment.

Wisdom

I only just found this game and it is absolutly amazing. Please, at least remain the soul onwers and makers of warframe. I hope that you are merely using this as a way to expand into the Xbox sector.

I also hope that the offical statement is released. I mean, how long does it take for you to "gather information" when you have just sold something? I know I pretty much know right away all the ins and outs anytime I sell something. The only thing that is taking so long is probably wording it in such a way that it isn't causing more backlash.

Just a tip from a survivor of the Real ID mess that happened on Blizzards official forums, the sooner you give info, the better. Saying you "don't think this is the right time because of how the customers are acting" is not a valid or wise decision. You should want to calm their fears and help them asap. Not keep them in the dark and let the ones shouting BOYCOTT! have more time to get steam and momentum. When Blizzard said that they would use Real names on their forums, their forums blew up with with thousands of people saying no. What happened? The responded and said they wouldn't do it. Responding calmed it down.

So in short, respond sooner rather then later to avoid even more panic, more confusion, more idiots getting people to abandon ship because we do not have the information reguarding what exactly is happening in this sale.

Ya I've been playing since update 7 so almost 4 years now and if this were to go through I will probably stop all at once on PC and ps4 because with a lottery system implemented there's no reason to play there will be no more fun in the game especially if game updates and fixes are slowed dramatically. 

Four? Try one buddy.

I've started the petition "Digital Extremes: Not to sellout Warframe to Perfect World" and need your help to get it off the ground.

http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/digital-extremes-not-to-sellout-warframe-to-perfect-world

Warframe Is a game that many enjoy playing because of the constant updates, fair maketplace, and involvement the community has over the game with the company (Digital Extremes) Losing DE's control over Warframe could mean the end of Warframe for good because of the lack of involvement that will FOR SURE happen between the DEVs and the community causing the loss of supporters of the game. I love Warframe, It is an amzing game with an amzing community and team of Devs, I would hate to see this all go in the trash and out the window.

Thanks! 

Bryan Hoang

Did you somehow miss that this https://www.change.org/petitions/save-warframe was already a thing?

Thanks! 

Bryan Hoang

LOL I love this guy's reason in the reasons for signing comments.

"PWE is worse then technocyte virus, with their twisting of tme meaning of Free-to-play"

Is this why we got a halt on new contents? busy selling your soul and dignity to china publisher with awful reputation?

:P No, because new contents take time to build. What, do you think that by waving a magic wand, you can make art for this game, or even 3D models that use inverse kinetics, and a wide variety of other things? Are you a programming god that can piss lightning and S#&$ thunder?! Well, why the F*** aren't you gracing us with your almighty powers and work for DE, and get us some content made instantly.