Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, Please Please Do Not Do Business With Perfect World (Mega/hyper/ultrathread)

wendiGhoul

I'll explain it in a nutshell, DE might be purchased by an Asian "F2P" Video Game Company.

This is bad. It's very bad. Imagine if Warframe was run by a huge company that milks the game for all it's worth by making basically everything require payment, then after it's completely drained, they throw it away, fire everyone in charge of the game, and go on to another one. No more friendly developers that listen to their community, no more frequent updates, and a lot more greed.

Chinese. Not just Asian. Chinese.

Either the devs don't know anything yet or they've been told not to release anything yet. This could be not so bad or very bad, but I'm done for tonight. Let's hope they talk about it tomorrow or during the stream.

Well considering that from what we know, nothing has actually happened yet. All we have is a "notice of intent" and that's it. The ensuing panic and complete overreaction by the players here has caused other websites like MMOBomb and Joystiq to put our articles that use rumors as facts--and people then take these articles as further proof when really they are 100% rumor mill and cannot be confirmed by anyone except DE.

Here's an incredibly objective analysis of the information we have so far: What We Currently Know About the PWE Deal (Reddit).

Basically, nothing has been sold yet as far as we know. DE has only agreed to review PWE's intent to purchase shares. The shares that PWE is looking to purchase may not be 100% because "outstanding shares" and "authorized[(unrestricted/floating)] shares" are not the same. To quote, "...even if DE sells all outstanding shares, they can hold the majority of authorised shares in their treasury to keep the controlling amount of shares." However, we don't know the how much DE has in authorized shares so it is uncertain whether it's possible for PWE to become the majority shareholder.

tl;dr people overreacted, panicked and then other people took their panic as a sign or proof that bad things have happened, despite the fact that nothing has likely happened yet.

it is all a conspiracy,nothing is true,two more pages of replies begging DE to stop this PW mayhem,the thing is they don't understand,even if this thread hits up to 10,000 replies DE won't make a move,where they can simply checkmate and say "Go Screw Yourself." to these who ruin games and destroy fanbases,look at how your baby grew,and now you are killing him and you were found redhanded...honestly DE,you are despicable.

you are still CONSIDERING?! IT'S A NO-NO ON INSTANT FOR GOD'S SAKE,LOOK AT HOW EVERYONE IS REACTING,LOOK AT HOW YOU ARE MAKING A MOCKERY OF YOURSELF AND MAKING THAT MOCKERY BE THERE FOR YEARS TO COME,MAKING YOURSELF ONE OF THE MANY MISTAKEN COMPANIES THAT SCREWS OVER THE PLAYERBASE AND THINK MONEY IS THE KEY TO A PERFECT GAME,SERIOUSLY,IF GAMING IS HOW THIS IS GOING TO TURN OUT IN THE FUTURE,THEN I DON'T WANT TO LIVE LONG ENOUGH TO EXPERIENCE IT

Well considering that from what we know, nothing has actually happened yet. All we have is a "notice of intent" and that's it.

Here's an incredibly objective analysis of the information we have so far: What We Currently Know About the PWE Deal (Reddit).

Basically, nothing has been sold yet as far as we know. DE has only agreed to review PWE's intent to purchase shares. The shares that PWE is looking to purchase may not be 100% because "outstanding shares" and "authorized shares" are not the same. To quote, "...even if DE sells all outstanding shares, they can hold the majority of authorised shares in their treasury to keep the controlling amount of shares." However, we don't know the how much DE has in authorized shares so it is uncertain whether it's possible for PWE to become the majority shareholder.

Probably gotta use huge letters so people will read it better. :P

What is amazing to me, after everything we've been through, as players and even as collaborators, to (one of) the best free to play game(s) ever made; one that redefined the "FREE TO PLAY" model, is that suddenly, and, without any credence, we so certainly and unquestionably assume the worst of everyone and everything we had placed so much hope and trust in up to this very point.

I mean seriously: do you have any faith at all in Digital Extremes? Because, I think they deserve a little credit here.

Others have posted already about the various legalities and stipulations concerning not only digital property rights, but international law as well. There are so many lawyers in this thread I fear I might incriminate myself! Yikes.

How about everybody just eases the fock back for a day or two.

I believe we shall see, as things unfold, that DE has been strengthening their share of the market. If some S#&$ty marketer wants to dump tons of money into DE, then I say go for it!

I, for one, do not think the powers that be at Digital Extremes are idiots. Nor do I think they would sell out their fanbase.

So, let's just hang back from the edge of madness a bit and try not to become Infested....

i, and alot of others are waiting for the official announcement to actually do much of anything. we have stated our displeasure, we have stated our intent if our FEARS are confirmed. but right now, we only have enough information to be afraid. and so we are. those who trust DE are waiting. those who do not have already left.

That would be a badly worded tweet, basically announcing what we already know. Click on the link in the tweet and the resulting page just restates what we already know.

synopsis: Sumpo Food Holdings Limited announced that Perfect World Co., Ltd. and it entered into a non-binding term sheet for the purchase of all the outstanding shares of Digital Extremes Ltd. one of the world's top development studios in the interactive entertainment industry.

This would destroy the game, DE. Please don't do this. This is so wrong.

I will abandon Warframe entirely if this deal goes through. You will also lose much traction and any trust you'd garnered with the community.

Edited by Vaskadar

Ah good on you for letting me know! Appreciated.

In any even, I choose to remain positive. Even the DEs big whigs can't ignore the amount of player upset in this thread.

I'm sure they are well aware of the consequences if they have not yet done what cannot be undone.

As much as they treat Warframe like their child, I wouldn't think they would so easily give it up. If anything the Devs will be as upset as we are.

Edit; grammar

Well they own the whole DE team so really they can ignore us as long as it gives them a good amount of money.

This would destroy the game, DE. Please don't do this. This is so wrong.

I don't think DE would give PWE controlling amounts of shares. That'd be silly. PWE will get some shares, along with the chicken place, they'll be happy to be getting money for nothing, and DE getting money for a lot of nothing.

I don't think DE would give PWE controlling amounts of shares. That'd be silly. PWE will get some shares, along with the chicken place, they'll be happy to be getting money for nothing, and DE getting money for a lot of nothing.

Well all outstanding shares isn't "some".

Edited by AntoineFlemming