The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, Please Please Do Not Do Business With Perfect World (Mega/hyper/ultrathread)

wendiGhoul

I don't think DE would give PWE controlling amounts of shares. That'd be silly. PWE will get some shares, along with the chicken place, they'll be happy to be getting money for nothing, and DE getting money for a lot of nothing.

PWE won't settle for anything less than a controlling amount of shares. They are investing for a reason, and thats to have influence. 

What is amazing to me, after everything we've been through, as players and even as collaborators, to (one of) the best free to play game(s) ever made; one that redefined the "FREE TO PLAY" model, is that suddenly, and, without any credence, we so certainly and unquestionably assume the worst of everyone and everything we had placed so much hope and trust in up to this very point.

Yes, we can have faith, but we can also stir up the craziest sh!tstorm ever to make sure nothing detrimental to the interests of the playerbase actually happens.

Y'know, emotional security. 

What is amazing to me, after everything we've been through, as players and even as collaborators, to (one of) the best free to play game(s) ever made; one that redefined the "FREE TO PLAY" model, is that suddenly, and, without any credence, we so certainly and unquestionably assume the worst of everyone and everything we had placed so much hope and trust in up to this very point.

I mean seriously: do you have any faith at all in Digital Extremes? Because, I think they deserve a little credit here.

Others have posted already about the various legalities and stipulations concerning not only digital property rights, but international law as well. There are so many lawyers in this thread I fear I might incriminate myself! Yikes.

How about everybody just eases the fock back for a day or two.

I believe we shall see, as things unfold, that DE has been strengthening their share of the market. If some S#&$ty marketer wants to dump tons of money into DE, then I say go for it!

I, for one, do not think the powers that be at Digital Extremes are idiots. Nor do I think they would sell out their fanbase.

So, let's just hang back from the edge of madness a bit and try not to become Infested....

I'd ease back when we're informed who this June 30th acquistion was to....

http://investing.businessweek.com/research/stocks/private/snapshot.asp?privcapid=52344383

Businessweek post.

Perfect World.

Imagine all the same weapons, in lockboxes ruled by RNG, certain premium weapons that are pay only that completely outclass even the Soma, 3 days to craft a weapon, longer for a frame. Intended extended dilution of drop/mod tables but access via plat, paying for Kubrow feed and the Kubrow you get in-game is S#&$ compared to the one you pay for.

These are all things I have seen while playing Neverwinter. Everything in here has proven itself to be common practices within PW games.

Did I mention XP scaling and more based on monthly premium subs?

Wtf.

They're a Chinese publishing company with a North America division known as Perfect World Entertainment.

Also notorious for enforcing absolutely ridiculous premium items, P2W stuff, etc.

Basically people are panicking because this company has expressed interest in buying some of DE's shares.

Here's what we know: What we currently know about the PWE deal (reddit).

Great. I saw someone said in another thread ( the ultrathread I think ) that they were the Chinese EA/EA's Chinese-based-branch, something like that.

Also thanks for not merging my thread, yet, into the ultrathread.

I don't think DE would give PWE controlling amounts of shares. That'd be silly. PWE will get some shares, along with the chicken place, they'll be happy to be getting money for nothing, and DE getting money for a lot of nothing.

ahahaha..yeah right..Zombie faught the hardest against PWE's monitzation strategy, and it was still a gigantic money sink, it took almost a year to be able to buy things not rent with in game currency. And even then the prices..holy @(*()$ S#&$, you think farming for a loki prime is bad. HAHA, try earning enough GP for a good bolt action build.

aggh where are you when I need you?

Here it is again

[size=8]Stop Panicking. Read the following.[/size]

What We Currently Know About the PWE Deal (Reddit)

The reasons you shouldn't be panicking:

1. All that's happened is PW's declaration of intent to purchase shares (they might not even purchase the shares after they review DE)

2. DE has only acknowledge the declaration of intent (they have not said that they will actually sell)

3. DE won't have to sell off 100% of their shares (see difference between "outstanding" and "authorized" shares), they can still hold majority stake in their company

So yeah. Calm the hek down, read the above link, and stop running around like chickens with your heads cut off.

Because a transaction like this proves without a doubt that game companies will 100% always be driven by profit and greed,

Can be another motive? make a world better? or what should drive companies?

Imagine car compani will develop best car in the world, it will cost 3 trillions and only 1 person will buy it, how is it a logical way?

I am hoping that DE will get a lot of money out of this pretty dated engine, and really simple game, even tho they try hard, game is still not even close to complexity of other PvE shooters.

And from a money they got, DE will develop new awesome game about space assasins and time travel during a mission with quantum uncertanty during a level.

it is all a conspiracy,nothing is true,two more pages of replies begging DE to stop this PW mayhem,the thing is they don't understand,even if this thread hits up to 10,000 replies DE won't make a move,where they can simply checkmate and say "Go Screw Yourself." to these who ruin games and destroy fanbases,look at how your baby grew,and now you are killing him and you were found redhanded...honestly DE,you are despicable.

you are still CONSIDERING?! IT'S A NO-NO ON INSTANT FOR GOD'S SAKE,LOOK AT HOW EVERYONE IS REACTING,LOOK AT HOW YOU ARE MAKING A MOCKERY OF YOURSELF AND MAKING THAT MOCKERY BE THERE FOR YEARS TO COME,MAKING YOURSELF ONE OF THE MANY MISTAKEN COMPANIES THAT SCREWS OVER THE PLAYERBASE AND THINK MONEY IS THE KEY TO A PERFECT GAME,SERIOUSLY,IF GAMING IS HOW THIS IS GOING TO TURN OUT IN THE FUTURE,THEN I DON'T WANT TO LIVE LONG ENOUGH TO EXPERIENCE IT

You ever tried to talk to a drug addict that needs a few bucks for his fix? They don't stop at no. They keep going. You have to keep awkwardly refusing with different responses and they keep trying to justify you giving them money. 

Even IF this is real or IF it happens, I highly doubt DE will allow any sort of meddling with Warframe or anything else. They've already experienced that with Dark Sector, and the whole reason they are self-publishing is because they want to do Warframe on their terms.

DE is not Blizzard. They won't be able to stand under PWE as big B under Activision.

I sincerely hope that this... this enslavement will not happen. I know(more or less) traditional P2W. And even if Warframe still has imbecile prices for casual loot in their store(they probably keep forgetting to update it), they've mostly fixed issues with the lack of potatoes and formas, most their game is very accessible to F2P, even platinum is obtainable via trade. And, most importantly, popping 5-10$ with sale is enough to set you up FOREVER. Like, buying 1000 plat is enough to stock potatoes, buy slots, a couple of syandanas, colours palettes and whatnot. Yes, not everything, but you won't "miss" anything. Rest can be earned by selling stuff, with updates like new stances and prime gear - always a chance to snag 50-500 plat off richer people.

For traditional P2W - 10$ is nothing. It's like a piece of paper to wipe you a$$, a tip to the money-transfer system. They won't stop for anything less than semi-subscription with F2P going to HELL. F2P will no longer be Ninjas Play Free, but Ninjas Play Demo.

Maybe Warframe's victory in some mmo showdown triggered it. They've become a worthy prey... Damn, that's digital circle of life...

Here it is again

Stop Panicking. Read the following.

1. All that's happened is PW's declaration of intent to purchase shares (they might not even purchase the shares after they review DE)

2. DE has only acknowledge the declaration of intent (they have not said that they will actually sell)

3. DE won't have to sell off 100% of their shares (see difference between "outstanding" and "authorized" shares), they can still hold majority stake in their company

So yeah. Calm the hek down, read the above link, and stop running around like chickens with your heads cut off.

What PWE does to games, just entertaing the thought makes me panic. I fired up BLR, post Zombie.. HOLY GOD. Everything is either gated through one dollar scratch offs or cost 3-20 dollars. I mean, a muzzle, 3.50, receiver 7.50. You can't even rent receivers any more. Most of that was SOP. But they took it to another level one Zombie backed down.

I don't see DE fighting back at PWE..DE doesn't have people like Jared, who fuckin' hold lectures on prospective game developers, who freaked out when the T's in CS:GO didn't have a watch on, he said "I was scared, I was he naked?" I don't see people like him who'd put his dreams on the line, his job on the line to keep the asian style P2W monitzation in check. I'm sorry.

S#&$ the only time I do see them is when they screw up, or just deflect the roaring issues on devstreams. Yeah, no, that's not the sum of integrity it'd take to keep PWE honest.

so I will freak the hell out, thanks.

And I'll even wager a guess that they're struggling, or just fed up.

Edited by DirkDeadeye

Here it is again

Stop Panicking. Read the following.

As a friend of Lyvshalker, I agree to what he said. I will stop my platinum purchase until we are assured that PW's involvement won't adversely affect the game.

We are so familiar with those Chinese companies, they will turn every games they have into money-making machine. I will stop putting any money into this game until DE has some positive response, and I will ask my friends to do so, too.

DE's made some boneheaded decisions in the past, but I doubt they'd give up control of their company to a group like PWE. At least I hope not.

Well all outstanding shares isn't "some".

"Outstanding" shares and "authorized" shares are not the same thing.

Like, say DE put out just five shares for sale. Those five would be outstanding shares. Authorized shares are broadly all the shares for the company DE(L).

If DE has put up any more than 50% of their authorized shares for this sale, then, yeah, we can all start panicking. But somebody buying all DE's outstanding shares is only concerning depending on how big a slice of the pie those shares are.

PWE won't settle for anything less than a controlling amount of shares. They are investing for a reason, and thats to have influence.

We have no idea of their motives - it's equally possible they want to push Warframe in China, or they want to invest in DE to make money without messing with what works, or maybe the CEO is a Loki player. Nobody knows.

Edited by Cpl_Facehugger