Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, Please Please Do Not Do Business With Perfect World (Mega/hyper/ultrathread)

wendiGhoul

Because it gives them money? Not rocket science, dude. That's kind of the whole point behind all investments. Pay some money now to get more money later.

judging by the sheer amount of content the game generates -sarcasm- they would be receiving so much right? I mean look at how DE scrapes by week to week with reinforcements.

Just remember this you guys....

Our devs which art in ontario

Hallowed be thy names

Thy deep space come

Thy missions be done

On Earth as it is in Sedna

Give us this day our daily log in rewards

And forgive us of our spamming in global chat

As we forgive those who speedrun ahead of us

And we protect the noobs we assisted

But deliver us from boredom

For yours is the galaxy, the orokin void, and the devstream couch

Forever and ever...

Amen

A long, long time ago...
I can still remember
How Warframe used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance
That I could use my faithful stance
And, maybe, I'd be happy for a while.

But July made me shiver
With every thread they'd deliver.
Bad news on the doorstep;
I couldn't take one more step.

I can't remember if I cried
When I read about the community being set aside,
But something touched me deep inside
The day warframe died.

So bye-bye, mister Darvo guy.
Flew my chevy to the levee,
But the levee was dry.
And them good tenno were drinkin' whiskey and rye
Singin', "this'll be the day that I die.
"this'll be the day that I die."

Did you write the book of love,
And do you have faith in RNG above,
If the drop tables tell you so? 
Do you believe in Ruk'n roll,
Can Warframe save your mortal soul,
And can you teach me how to mod real slow? 

Well, I know that you're in love with it
`cause I saw you havin' a real big fit
You both donned your picket signs
Man, you were anything but on cloud nine.

I was a lonely tenno broncin' buck
With a pink Rhino Frame and a pickup truck,
But I knew I was out of luck
The day Warframe died.

I started singin',
"bye-bye, Mister darvo guy."
Flew my chevy to the levee,
But the levee was dry.
Them good Tenno were drinkin' whiskey and rye
And singin', "this'll be the day that I die.
"this'll be the day that I die."

Note: These are my exaggerated  feelings. Just felt like doing this.

Outstanding shares are the only shares that give you control in the company. Outstanding shares have voting rights, treasury shares do not. So if you own 100% of the outstanding shares, you have 100% voting rights on the company's board of directors, which has 100% control over who gets hired as executive officers. So, yes, buying all outstanding shares means buying 100% control of a company.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shares_outstanding

https://ca.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20120122220339AA1R8lQ

Outstanding shares are the only shares that give you control in the company. Outstanding shares have voting rights, treasury shares do not. So if you own 100% of the outstanding shares, you have 100% voting rights on the company's board of directors, which has 100% control over who gets hired as executive officers. So, yes, buying all outstanding shares means buying 100% control of a company.

O_o....

ITT: too many people reading wikipedia and googling things.

I know a bit about stocks and shares, but I have a guy that makes more money than me, managing some of my money to make more money so I have money when I get old. I'd S#&$ my pants if DE was public, I'd shift a quarter of my portfolio their way, or enough to where I could call Steve and demand he changes things.

I just know when there's smoke, there's fire. And I'm gonna grab a bucket, or get the hell out.

But if it is true, it won't be OUR money they are getting later.

That depends. If they're just buying a non-controlling share in the company, then they have no real power over anything. If this is the case, then there's no real reason to care since they're giving DE money but can't influence the DE to wreck the game like they have others.

If it's a merger/acquisition/DE selling enough shares to get a controlling stake in the company, then yeah, dream's over.

why would a company invest in a game when to not have any say in whats going on in it? lol 

Depends on the ROI. Ownership stuff gets tricky. There are plenty of investors and share holders of larger companies who really dont have the largest of says.

If PWE has 33 and DE has 67 De is majority share holder and outvotes PWE on all matters. But PWE gets investment returns which is something it probably desperately needs as it constantly hemorrhages players. A constant money source would NOT be a bad thing for them.

The trick is if PWE inches closer to that 50% mark because once its partners PWE has a lot more say in what happens and if they had 51% thats it flat out game over game set match pack up the frames and go home.

SO If this is right and PWE does NOT have what is called controlling interests or majority shares in DE the game will be fine. But DE needs to make that very clear and it needs to come from someone significantly higher than we're used to. Sheldon is about the only guy (Being the studio director) We know of capable of making the statement that needs to be made. When the words like this needs to come from their CEO. 

Also, to point out, a private company still has outstanding shares, and those outstanding shares have voting rights, and those outstanding shares can be bought and sold and traded, they are simply not publicly listed on a stock exchange. Thus, even if DE is privately owned, Perfect World can approach its shareholders, make them an offer, buy all the outstanding shares, and take control of the company.

This could even be a case where a single individual (such as the founder) has the one and only outstanding share and has complete control of his company, but if he sells his one share, PW buys "all outstanding shares" (all one of them) and has complete control of the company.

There is no argument that can be made whereby "all outstanding shares" are bought and the buyer does not gain 100% control of the company.

As I said earlier, here's the pertinent information from the post some pages ago that cried that everyone should "calm down"...

"The board of directors of the Company is pleased to announce that on 30th June 2014, the Company, Perfect Online Holding Limited and the shareholders of Digital Extremes Ltd.entered into a non-binding term sheet, pursuant to which the Purchasers intend to purchase, and Vendors intend to sell, all the outstanding shares of Digital Extremes, subject to due diligence and execution of definitive agreements between the parties."

"As of the date hereof [30 June 2014], the Purchasers are conducting due diligence investigations over the affairs of Digital Extremes, and the Purchasers and the Vendors have not yet entered into any legally binding definitive agreement in relation to the Proposed Investment. For a period of forty days from the date of the Term Sheet, Digital Extremes agrees not to solicit offers from any other parties for any financing and asset or share transfers without the consent of all the Purchasers."

And to the people that say, "We don't know if they even made a sale", this, that and the other.... Businessweek. June 30th. Scroll down a bit.

http://investing.bus...vcapid=52344383

Doesn't even identify with whom. And as I stated to someone that replied to what was said about me mentioning the 40 day window that states they can't make other business deals without PW's consent: it makes sense, but this deal is with a company we are openly against, regardless of the business ethics of such.  We, the people (if I dare say that) would not like to see them get their hands on a game we've all invested our time and money into only to get our hands on lockboxes we can't even open.... I for one, don't want a Blue rarity Braton Prime and a Green Banshee.

The Sumpo Food Holding announcement (involving the share) :  http://iis.quamnet.com/media/IRAnnouncement/1089/EN_US/001947020-0.PDF

http://www.investinganswers.com/financial-dictionary/stock-market/outstanding-shares-567

probably a little more user friendly....outstanding shares do not give a company authority....it is meant for investors

I have already advised my clanmates and alliance members(around 3000 players) to stop buying platinum until DE's official response about this.

We are very familiar with PW's capability of turning awesome games into mindless money sinks. So it is better to stop paying for a would be money-sink game sooner than later. We will resume our normal platinum purchase when DE denies PW's investment or when we are made sure PW's involvement will not affect the future development of Warframe(might take a few month).

As clanmate/alliance-mate of Lyvshalker, I agree to what he said. I will stop my platinum purchase until we are assured that PW's involvement won't adversely affect the game."

judging by the sheer amount of content the game generates -sarcasm- they would be receiving so much right? I mean look at how DE scrapes by week to week with reinforcements.

Eh? You have inside info to how much DE makes to know whether an investment rather than a full on takeover would be profitable for any given company? Or are you just talking out of your rear?

why would a company invest in a game when to not have any say in whats going on in it? lol 

The  same reason we have Kickstarter.

While the actual reasons might be different, it's still similar to Kickstarter.

Edited by Sidathe

PS;  If indeed this is a hostile takeover, DE should do a Crown Jewel Defense.

The crown jewels defense - Sometimes a specific aspect of a company is particularly valuable. For example, a telecommunications company might have a highly-regarded research and development (R&D) division. This division is the company's "crown jewels." It might respond to a hostile bid by selling off the R&D division to another company, or spinning it off into a separate corporation. 

So in this case, DE could spin the Warframe division off into a separate corporation.

I don't think private limited liability companies are open to hostile takeovers.

From what I've looked up about this stuff, outstanding shares don't offer that.

I did see that voting shares have that trait, and it's a little control per share. But that's associated with public companies. DE is a private company.

Voting shares can be part of a company's outstanding shares too.

Oh really?

Please tell me how, "There's no way that they only want to invest in DE! x, y, and z"

Is less of an assumption than, "These are the facts about what we know. Here are all the terms explained. It's not possible for them to take over the company rather than through an agreement."

Please do. Please.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beijing_Perfect_World

Count the number of times PW has merely made a large investment in another company: 0.  Now count the number of times they've bought a majority stake or bought out another company: 3.

Edited by Aggh

Depends on the ROI. Ownership stuff gets tricky. There are plenty of investors and share holders of larger companies who really dont have the largest of says.

If PWE has 33 and DE has 67 De is majority share holder and outvotes PWE on all matters. But PWE gets investment returns which is something it probably desperately needs as it constantly hemorrhages players. A constant money source would NOT be a bad thing for them.

The trick is if PWE inches closer to that 50% mark because once its partners PWE has a lot more say in what happens and if they had 51% thats it flat out game over game set match pack up the frames and go home.

SO If this is right and PWE does NOT have what is called controlling interests or majority shares in DE the game will be fine. But DE needs to make that very clear and it needs to come from someone significantly higher than we're used to. Sheldon is about the only guy (Being the studio director) We know of capable of making the statement that needs to be made. When the words like this needs to come from their CEO. 

Well, if the game doesn't pick up popularity soon then they're going to be bleeding shares until warframe is fully garbaged out to this chinese company.

“People looked at it [Dark Sector] and the consensus was ‘Not another @(*()$ sci-fi game,’ and it just blew our minds. And now with Warframe and seeing how popular it is, it’s just total justification that they were wrong and we were right.” – James Schmalz, DE Founder

I hope this deal is just an offer or just speculation, but don't give up your success to the type of publisher that always denied you and refused your ideas in the first place. This is not their market any more, its ours. You don't need these companies, you can self publish. These games are personal passions and you self-published and earned all this on your own. Publishers are a dying breed. They don't know what we want. YOU know what we want. They only want your success, not your passion. Endure just like Brian Fargo who finally realized his dream of creating a second Wasteland game.

I, and all the founders, funded you because we believe in your game and the universe you created.

The idea of "Pay to Win"......... That's so f****d up. As a gamer who has been through numerous online games, I think I can speak for my other gamer friends out there that a P2W approach to a game just LITERALLY KILLS its player base. Imagine being engrossed into a game then you find out half way through that you have to purchase so that you could enjoy the entire game experience. IT SUCKS SWEATY MAN BALLS. One reason Warframe got my attention in the first place was their add "NINJAS PLAY FREE". I don't want anything to do with a game that's "NINJAS PLAY FREE FOR A WHILE" or "NINJAS PAY TO PLAY". 

DE please. Listen to your people. Listen to the Tenno that shared your vision for this game with so much potential, only to be killed by PW if ever you do decide to sell. The thought gives me goosebumps. 

I WOULD GLADLY BUY PLATS OVER AND OVER AGAIN from you because you give us the freedom to choose whether to buy or not. You made buying plats a WANT not a NEED for the game. We get full game experience here in Warframe without purchasing anything really. I really really appreciated that DE. I'm so happy because you have an AWESOME game even though it's not yet finished, you have a great player base, happy player willing to play for hours on because they enjoy the game.

But go with PW and make Plats a NEED for us before we can play or get full game experience, then expect your game to die. Die a horrible death. Games that milk players for their money just SUCKS. Check it. Your players buy Prime Access, buy plats, spend on your game. Because you don't obligate them to. Turn that around and....... well you can see everyone's point.

So DE. No. Just NO to PW.

You're conflating voting shares with restricted shares.  They're not the same thing.  Voting shares can be a part of a company's outstanding shares.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beijing_Perfect_World

Count the number of times PW has merely made a large investment in another company: 0.  Now count the number of times they've bought a majority stake or bought out another company: 3.

And this is a BIG concern. This is definitely something to be aware of. PWE to date has NOT made just a large investment in another company. Let alone a Direct Competitor. 

But times change. Still this needs to be fully addressed and if not tonight then sometime before the Dev Stream. Unless they're gonna be willing to watch their dev stream wrecked.