Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, Please Please Do Not Do Business With Perfect World (Mega/hyper/ultrathread)

wendiGhoul

So what is the general consensus on DE getting with PW? I'm getting a huge diversity in feedback, but its not clear to me what the community thinks overall. Thoughts?

DE will easily make a lot of money with PW. It's a good thing, so they can focus more on content, instead of forcing out a new weapon every week for people to buy.

So what is the general consensus on DE getting with PW? I'm getting a huge diversity in feedback, but its not clear to me what the community thinks overall. Thoughts?

It would be game ending. 

The consensus is everyone 99% of this thread is against it with very VERY good reasons. 

This is yet another example of I was talking about pages ago. I am praying with every fiber of my being that this whole debacle has nothing to do with money on DE's part, because we, the warframe player community, have PROVEN we are willing to step forward, pull out our wallets, and support DE in any way we can to see the dream of Warframe in all its glory put from pen to paper. They asked, we answered. I sincerely hope they didn't turn their backs on us for that.

I'm already up to $800+ spent and unless PW gets DE, I plan on spending much more.

It would be game ending. 

It really depends on how they handle it.  If it's like cryptic studios?  Not thanks.  But if it's hands off like with runic?  That I'm not sure I would be against that.

Edited by (PS4)Urabask

I hate PWE. I can accept that while farming for components I am gambling my time away, but I cannot do that with PWE's methods. Putting everything into a themed gamble-box and charging for plays is the worst. I loved Champions Online, and though the game was never as successful as it could have been, it was never so bad as it is now that PWE owns Cryptic. Everything is a lockbox. Every update introduces new boxes, and old events have them shoehorned in. Keys are the only meaningful currency now, and most players have lost interest in the game because all the rewards now come via the box-slots. 

Still, I can't see how DE really cares if they're bought up, because to care about ruining the game, they'd have to be genuinely invested in the company beyond what money can be made. If they aren't, then why wouldn't they sell?

The devs will either assimilate or be replaced by whatever hack they can fill a desk with, and with the way PWE seizes control over development, chances are that U15 will have Lotus telling us that new item we found can only be opened with a special key, and darvo has a deal for you.

All those abandoning ship, cowards! I will see this through, if the ship goes down, so be it! I will not let rumors break my spirits! I will stand tall like a wall! I say, 'Let them come!' I will not abandon ship nor shall I give up hope! I will go down with this ship if it's fated to happen!

Edited by NeyoWargear