Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, Please Please Do Not Do Business With Perfect World (Mega/hyper/ultrathread)

wendiGhoul

kind of sad that eastern asian companies have been doing this a lot in recent years

NCsoft kills City of Heroes/Villains (I swore to never give NCsoft another dime)

Tencent is arguably having a less-than-positive affect on SMITE

Perfect World looking to buy Digital Extremes, thus potentially having authority/say over future developmental changes/directions in all its products, Warframe included

=[

THIS is why i have so much respect for companies like Supergiant and GGG and CDprojektRED

they make great games : bastion, transistor, path of exile, the witchers

AND they dont sell out

this is also why the indie game scene is basically the last bastion of decent gaming =/

I mean for a long time now I've been iffy about Warframe and the direction it was going, but now with this whole PWE thing...how2refund? Like I seriously wish it was possible to get a refund for all the money I've spent on Warframe, not just because of this though but because I just don't like the direction the game has been going for the past 5 updates or so.

With perfect world acquiring DE, I think that it is now my cue to leave. I did not want it to happen so soon, but I have nothing but negative feelings for that company, and sadness left for what could have been a great game. I have spent a lot of time playing this game, and recent got a resurgence of fun from here that I have not had on any game, ever. 

But If this is what will hold charge of warframe, I want nothing to do with it. Even if they say they will not change it now, they will. Companies can lie, and will do so in order to further what they want. 

That aside, It was fun while it lasted, and I was really excited for u14, but if it comes with that label smacked on it it is not an update I'll be sticking around for.

So here's some bits of me; My favorite warframe was always Banshee, if I ever got stuck with one it would have been her. She was the perfect match of offensive stealth, and sleek appearance that I just fell in love with her. Bows became the tools of my trade and being able to use them with such power backing them made me feel really great in a game dominated by gunfire. I enjoyed my whole arsenal of different weaponry for melee, since each weapon really did have a different feel to it. And I will miss my clan, since it was starting to become something more than just research to me.

If anyone else wants to say their goodbyes here they can, this is mine. I hope one day we can be Tenno again, maybe not the same name, but in a game that actually cares about their players, and not the dollar they can make off of them.

https://twitter.com/BerkeryMandA/status/483715852039356416

It's game over for this game.

They now own DE so they can do whatever they want.

Looks like confirmation to me.

Hey DE. Come back again when you haven't just sold off all your hard work to a bunch of blood sunking, profiteering scum bags.

Well then. I guess that's that.

No more warframe for me.

Goodluck clearing up this train crash. You're going to need it.

k91EruE.png

It's funny too. Fate must've got me declined from the partnership I was about to shoot myself in the foot with. I'm not making a single Warframe Video until I hear this is going out the window.

And perfect world. I've made the spit on warframe nice and warm for when you get here.

Edited by Sutherland