Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, Please Please Do Not Do Business With Perfect World (Mega/hyper/ultrathread)

wendiGhoul

We are approaching critical mass. IT TOOK THE U13 Megathread days to accomplish what this has in hours. 4k posts before midnight EST. Iam sure of it if this continues. 

I will make my contribution towads that goal; the biggest thread on the warframe forums ever! :)

No but really, I don't feel like I need those 10 cells. Its kind of a relief actually.

You lot are gonna feel like real sods if a) it doesn't happen or b) it changes nothing.

I already feel like a sod. Part of the reason I purchased the GM package, and full tier PA each run was to help them keep their independence (In my small way) but they sell out regardless...

In the name of profit

I wouldn't be surprised if they backed out (It's a non-binding agreement) at the last second just to be "oh hi guys we listened to your feedback and yeah we love you too much to go through with it"

^ This will never happen.

I just wanted to have a few seconds of hope.

If they did back out due to feedback, DE would gain a shrine in every player's closets.

They'd go down in history.

I'd try to marry them

Please remember that DE is an Ltd., _not_ a Plc. this is important because shares in an Ltd are not listable and thus tradable on a stock exchange.

This means that for PWE to buy _anything_ they must be directly negotiating with a _private_ individual. Also any sales are usually only allowed if the shareholders agree.

This is _very_ different to a simple "we have the money, we get what we want" situation. The _owners_ of DE have to agree.

But that's concerning the trade which is basically already confirmed. What about the actual DECISION making of the game??

who's panicking? I'm finally at peace.

Peace would be not even mentioning it. Just vanishing with little to no warning. As this was posted, you're sad, probably worried, and while you do not enjoy the events occurring, S#&$ happens, bills need to be paid, and you just roll with it. It's a @(*()$ game, and all that's occured is some floating shares were bought. We don't know how many other shareholders exist, or even how much PWE has.

I don't think Warframe's going into a downward spiral because a Chinese company bought up DE's outstanding shares.

Even if it did, I've seen other great games monumentally fumbled by their developers - MAG, Gotham City Impostors, Borderlands 2 - and ya know what?

I got over it.  I found other games.  There are lots of other games.

No one game can really afford to fumble hard anymore when the market is this saturated with competition.

Yes but this game was different then other games

and it's not outstanding shares.

it's cause they now own DE.

Edited by SarahApple

They're just buying outstanding shares in DE.  Read the thingy.

It's not like they've swindled themselves a majority stake.  It's a Chinese company, they very likely want Warframe to do well in a Chinese market and want in on that action to make it happen and make it rain for everyone.