Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Does Everyone Slide Dash And Sprint Through This Game?

TheVynzler

To me, there's efficient speed and then there's self centered jerk speed.

If everybody on the team is sticking together and moves at a steady pace without much trouble, then you've got efficient speed regardless of what that actual speed is empirically.  Everybody plays, nobody plays catchup, good times all around. But when you have That Guy on your team, that one who spams their 4 key at every possible opportunity and prevents anybody else from playing, copters non-stop even when nobody else is, doesn't wait at elevators, and finishes mission objectives without giving even the slightest inclination of realizing that they are in a cooperative, online game]... That is self centered jerk speed.  If you are going to play like you're solo, then freaking play solo. Nobody will complain about anything you do.

Basically, look at what other people on your team are doing. If somebody doesn't have a copter weapon, or is new to the game, or is using a slow frame or whatever, then adapt and work as a team.  Going as fast as you absolutely can regardless of anything else going on makes you a terrible person unless you are playing solo.

The more repetitive action you do, the more you tend to go fast......er...seen it all...done it all

/wonders if this bored individual is max Mastery/all Challenges done/completed starchart/weapons and frames max formaed/completed Dojo/contributed to Alliance Dark Sectors etc etc etc

guessing no

I don't know if it's an exploit, but I could care less, because not only can it be useful, but it's also fun to do.  Plus it can help conserve stamina if you do it right.

But if everybody in a game session is doing it all the time, it can be irritating.....such is why I always play this game solo, among other reasons (I always seem to have a strict NAT every time I start this game up, and I never bother to fix it).

Otherwise, in truth, I don't really do the slide-dash-sprint thing all the time.  It's a fun thing to do, though.

/wonders if this bored individual is max Mastery/all Challenges done/completed starchart/weapons and frames max formaed/completed Dojo/contributed to Alliance Dark Sectors etc etc etc

guessing no

That sentence even feels slow.

And none of those reasons are valid, welcome to the beautiful art of strawman.

I hate your argument because I suspect you own all the color pallets (example)

You should try volt.

I don't know if it's an exploit, but I could care less, because not only can it be useful, but it's also fun to do.  Plus it can help conserve stamina if you do it right.

But if everybody in a game session is doing it all the time, it can be irritating.....such is why I always play this game solo, among other reasons (I always seem to have a strict NAT every time I start this game up, and I never bother to fix it).

Otherwise, in truth, I don't really do the slide-dash-sprint thing all the time.  It's a fun thing to do, though.

it IS an exploit that has been deemed "cool" by some ppl at DE. still doesnt make it right. its been an exploit for over a year? by now

That sentence even feels slow.

And none of those reasons are valid, welcome to the beautiful art of strawman.

I hate your argument because I suspect you own all the color pallets (example)

You should try volt.

I own everything and stil have things to do instead of gimpxploiting like a pansy cause im a wannabe race car.

rich, seasoned veterans dont need to run around like addicts. we stroll, we meander, we chill, son... we chill

I own everything and stil have things to do instead of gimpxploiting like a pansy cause im a wannabe race car.

rich, seasoned veterans dont need to run around like addicts. we stroll, we meander, we chill, son... we chill

You should leave mercury, You actually start needing to avoid damage in the scary void zones. 

By the way, Volt isn't an exploit. I have no clue why you'd think he was. 

Edited by Nariala

Because once you've played through the exact same tileset a hundred times you'll find yourself wanting to skip over the repetitive fights, useless parkour and lack of rewards, too.

If the mission isn't defense or survival, there is literally no reason at all to take your time.

Go fast or go solo.

You actually start needing to avoid damage in the scary void zones.

I wasn't aware that moving quickly actually allows you to avoid being damaged by the aimbot of this game's simplistic AI.

useless parkour

Well, is anyone really giving DE any reason to improve it?

the repetitive fights

there is literally no reason at all to take your time.

Quite the problems, right?

What do you have to do? Open every lockers to get 1 credit? Make void ''treasure'' runs for ammo drum? The moment you get everything in the game you don't have anything else to do beside killing mobs. This is Warframe not ''I like to walk simulator''.

I wasn't aware that moving quickly actually allows you to avoid being damaged by the aimbot of this game's simplistic AI.

The only enemies that matter to avoid are the one hit kill ones. Things like Bombards, Ancient infested, Shockwave moas. More or less anything that utilizes a projectile.  But, that's explaining the obvious. 

In regards to hitscan enemies. Taking the slow and steady approach with those present, and then lingering in fire lines too long, kills you.

So even if you aren't "Dodging' every bullet, you are mitigating damage by simply getting out of their LOS sooner. 

Well, is anyone really giving DE any reason to improve it?

The very game's existence does this. Parkour was one of their defining features. Now, its barely a thing. The devs chose to neglect it, not the players.  It seems tacky to try and pass the blame to the community.   They've settled for the routine of releasing the new shiny to make money. Its easier and requires less manpower than getting a team to refine and justify the parkour system. 

Edited by Nariala

>snip<

Funnily enough, despite the enemies in this game having aimbot style accuracy and awareness levels, they have highly limited turn speed for their aiming.  This means that moving swiftly does in fact allow you to dodge all the bullets, both versus Corpus and Grineer.  The only circumvention to their generally slow speed is a 180 style turn they can use when you blow past them too swiftly.  Actively moving is the best defensive option available within Warframe at the moment since, when done right, it'll give you literal invulnerability.

So long as you actively avoid putting yourself in a bad "crossfire" situation you can just butt-slide your way out of any situation.  Well, of course till you run out of stamina and get turned into swiss cheese.

Yeah, why do anything about something when no one even does anything with that something anymore.

I blame the people.

/shrug

Seriously, give me a reason to not go fast? even Extermination missions get more interesting when you outrun them so they all pile up two rooms before extraction, I am not even complaining about the lack of challenge, but grind2grind becomes boring after a while, there are no surprises, there are no rewards for exploring the entire map, nothing, you know mobs will drop worthless modules most of the time, you know rare loot will drop more frequently on endurance missions, going through missions slower won't make items in the foundry to build faster, I can agree with you on boss battles sometimes because people will kill them really fast which sometimes is the only fun part in the game.

What do you have to do? Open every lockers to get 1 credit? Make void ''treasure'' runs for ammo drum? The moment you get everything in the game you don't have anything else to do beside killing mobs. This is Warframe not ''I like to walk simulator''.

If you have everything in the game, why bother hunting for anything?

Funnily enough, despite the enemies in this game having aimbot style accuracy and awareness levels, they have highly limited turn speed for their aiming.  This means that moving swiftly does in fact allow you to dodge all the bullets, both versus Corpus and Grineer.  The only circumvention to their generally slow speed is a 180 style turn they can use when you blow past them too swiftly.  Actively moving is the best defensive option available within Warframe at the moment since, when done right, it'll give you literal invulnerability.

So long as you actively avoid putting yourself in a bad "crossfire" situation you can just butt-slide your way out of any situation.  Well, of course till you run out of stamina and get turned into swiss cheese.

Amen to that.

If you have everything in the game, why bother hunting for anything?

Excellent question! Why even log in the game? People rush because ALL the game is a grind. When you grind the sooner you are done with it,the better it is. Only DE canfix that by adding a good reason to slow down and here i'm not talking about laser doors etc, i'm talking about a reward,stealth or just anything meaningful

Just an odd tacked on thought in regards to the parkour, or lack thereof in Warframe at the moment.

There are still interesting things done with it in the tilesets that get added, it's just that players seem to always ignore all of it.  That's not to say it's the players' fault entirely however, cuz the game never really takes a direct hand in inspiring players to make use of wallruns and walljumps.

In Corpus tiles specifically, there are a literal butt-ton of random shortcuts that can be utilized by any frame to shave a few seconds off of one's time in getting between points.  Faster frames of course can make better use of "vaulting" but even slow frames can use every one of the shortcuts I've noticed.

Despite the fact that I'm in the boat of wanting to move swiftly, I actively take in the level design, each individual tiles physical form.  There are a good deal of ledges that are precisely lined up so that a player can quickly transition between them to get to places in just a few jumps.  Shortcuts like that even exist in Defense maps, which can allow you to save teammates and make it back to the pod much, much faster than most anyone else without the need to copter.  Coptering will however be faster in some cases mind you, but even if for a second, coptering is a melee action which means you can't shoot while doing so.

If there's an alert, I'm there for the end mission reward. So I will rush as fast as I can to complete the mission objective so I can get the reward as fast as possible. There's no logical reason for me to do anything else. Otherwise, if I'm grinding a mission for resources/affinity/leaderboard, these are on survival/defense missions, which cannot be rushed per say. Every other mission type only holds a purpose of completing for an end reward, thus sitting there and walking through and slowly killing everything is a waste of time.

Excellent question! Why even log in the game? People rush because ALL the game is a grind. When you grind the sooner you are done with it,the better it is. Only DE canfix that by adding a good reason to slow down and here i'm not talking about laser doors etc, i'm talking about a reward,stealth or just anything meaningful

Stealth especially needs a purpose.  With the exception of leveling a new frail warframe up, there's really no reason for me to patiently wait for enemies to turn their backs to me when I can just as easily walk up to them, tank their bullets, and stab someone in the stomach over and over again.

and then lingering in fire lines too long

Who said anything about lingering in the line of fire?

For the sole purpose of avoiding damage, moving quickly simply is not as effective as it should be, especially versus taking cover, which, funnily enough, is what DE doesn't want even though they don't really do much about it.

*edit*

The reason they don't add a cover system is because they claim the game is about speed, which is silly on a lot of levels. At least, that's what they used to say.

Volt's shield, Frost's snowglobe, slow, tanky Rhino, bullet-sponges, dumb, cheap AI. (lol Scorpions, Shield Lancers and Heavies)

Don't want a cover system? Well, sorry, but my shields don't regenerate very well if I don't use cover.

Also, a cover system could compliment stealth quite well, I think. You do want stealth, right, DE? But you also still want speed, right? But you don't want rushing... And you also claim the game is co-op... But not many people cooperate...

Maybe I'm missing something, maybe my eyes are blurry from lack of sleep, but there seems to be a lot of counter-productivity.

Parkour was one of their defining features. Now, its barely a thing. The devs chose to neglect it, not the players.

The Devs chose to neglect it because the players chose to neglect it. Some of the responses about it show that quite well.

There was a time when people wanted more parkour, more improvements to it, such as addressing the slingshot that wallrunning does and doing something about the stamina.

DE made changes to the sliding mechanic, the momentum, if I recall correctly, which resulted in the "birth" of Sprint Sliding and Coptering. They shot straight into popularity. They were easier to take advantage of, much faster than the parkour and not as reliant on the stamina, so more people used them... A lot more.

DE eventually addressed these unintended side-effects, explicitly stating that they didn't like them, and even outright called them ugly to look at. They were later fixed and removed.

Then people complained and DE's stance did a complete 180.

...Yeah, they are? I'm not quite sure what you're trying to say here.

I'm making a point.

Edited by FatalX7

I'm making a point.

I don't understand your point? Are you saying it's our fault parkour is bad?

Because it totally isn't. From the very first update it was introduced, parkour sucked hard. It's always been clunky and unfun to use compared to just running forward.

They actually are looking at updating the parkour, fyi. We won't see it for a while, but if they can make it so I can go fast in a fluid and fun way I'd use it.