Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Does Everyone Slide Dash And Sprint Through This Game?

TheVynzler

It's used because it's the fastest way to get from point A to point B without using energy.  It's not terribly difficult to do either.

PS: Once Perfect World acquires Warframe, only 'Premium Subscribers" will be able to sprint and slide.

So that means every time we attempt to hit the keys to do a sprint and slide, an intrusive screen pops up telling the players to pay for this feature, causing the player to be unable to control the character, then causing mission to fail and the player to die?

Edited by Renegade343

Seriously, Why?

I get that people want to go fast but this ruins so many great things about the game. You dont Parkour as much, you dont get to use new weapons or items as much because your too busy either playing catch up or just sprinting for the objective. This style of gameplay isint fun, and it seems like everyone plays like this when i join a party, but me. 

I just dont get it. Sprinting and sliding and only firing a small amount of rounds is boring.

Well, is not that complicated, this game has a number of features that are all HALF-IMPLEMENTED.

We want to go fast, why? because other than extermination missions or the like give you NO INCENTIVE to go slow, there is no good loot on lockers or containers so we don't actively search for them, enemies infinitely respawn leading to some cheap deaths to anyone who is just fooling around.

Now, what's the best way to go fast? coptering and sliding, why? because parkour and even sprinting waste stamina, if we were just sprinting we would need to stop every few seconds to let it recharge, using stamina mods is a waste of space, traversing with parkour is a complete waste, there is for example a certain Grineer tileset where you have a pit and a pair of walls to run on them, but using copter you can reach the other side 3x as fast.

Not to mention the recently added stuff like arc traps, at first they were instant zap high damage things that could potentially kill you before the mission began, now they are annoying continuous zappers that sometimes are easier to just outrun, they were added in a futile attempt to stop people from rushing but well, you know what happened.

Yeah, is not that fun to just play catch up, but the game in general doesn't reward you from strolling around the map, people may even ask DE to solve this and they will try very hard to cripple the speed rather than giving us a reason to explore the maps on missions, so yeah.

Go fast.

Because staying longer doesnt benefit in any way, and that every map can be memorized. 

Like the previous posts that say about staying longer = defence/ survival/ interception, yep.

Different game types uses different gameplay to be cleared. And staying-in-game is required by the 3 types mentioned above.

Parkour don't have much use except some parts of the map that we are 'forced' to parkour (like the wall run place at the snowy corpus area)

Though i have to agree that it's fun fundamentally, but not as essential element.

Uh... what snowy corpus tileset? I don't even recall the need to wallrun at all on corpus maps, I think I haven't wallrun at all in 3 months to be honest, well, vertically yes, but not sideways.

you can go faster than just SpinDashing and buttchugging / Flipjumping - there's plenty of spots on the map that can make you go even faster, and smoothly.

i greatly enjoy moving quickly, but fluidly throughout the map, learning new tricks here and there all the time.

Uh... what snowy corpus tileset? I don't even recall the need to wallrun at all on corpus maps, I think I haven't wallrun at all in 3 months to be honest, well, vertically yes, but not sideways.

There's one tileset that at least urges you to wallrun, and not just once, but jumping to another wall to continue wallrunning, vs. taking the stairs.

So I was gonna put in a gif image of something big grinding against another thing, like 2 big rocks smashing into each other. I tough it would be funny so I typed in "grinding gif" on Google and was not surprised the the results

Seriously, Why?

I get that people want to go fast but this ruins so many great things about the game. You dont Parkour as much, you dont get to use new weapons or items as much because your too busy either playing catch up or just sprinting for the objective. This style of gameplay isint fun, and it seems like everyone plays like this when i join a party, but me. 

I just dont get it. Sprinting and sliding and only firing a small amount of rounds is boring.

If you run survivals and defence, this is less of an issue since most of those who do it are there for the levelling and using of their weapons (new or otherwise). Also keep in mind the only reasons players play other types of runs such as exterminate, spy, sabotage etc is either for Alert rewards, or for map completion. At least that is how I view it.

So if you want to take it slow, survival, defence, mobile defence are the ones you want to do.

Edited by PEELZHERE92

Fast is inherently fun to a lot people though, it's why unnecessarily fast cars are the most expensive of cars.  

Yes. Fast cars are expensive because it's fun and not because they cost more to build due to more complex engines, suspension, lightweight alloys, etc.

Yes. Fast cars are expensive because it's fun and not because they cost more to build due to more complex engines, suspension, lightweight alloys, etc.

And insurance in case the driver cannot handle the speed and ends up crashing into a lamppost at 250 km/h. 

Well yeah, there's that too....

Anyways, to change the subject away from me being incompetent at coming up with a proper analogy;  People keep saying Defense isn't a fast game mode.  I beg to differ however, staying in shape by running in circles around the Cryopod is a great work out.  Make sure to work the hind end by scooting on your butt, that's the important part.

Tbh, this game is designed to have such a fast pace, you're a space ninja man, no ninja goes slowly.

If you want to shoot things, do defenses, survivals or extermination, you may also shoot a few rounds in assassination missions, when fighting the boss.

One more thing, I think going fast is better, you'll really be pissed if you have to go slowly when grinding stuff like rare resources or warframe parts.

Advice: Get a Duel Zoren to copter your way through fast paced missions.

Seriously, Why?

This might make sense if you made believe that parkour wasn't a buggy mess.  Your other point doesn't make any sense to me since 99% of the weapons in the games can be used effectively while rushing a mission.  The only notable exceptions are some of the most unexciting and boredom inducing weapons like the ogris, which does much more to ruin peoples' gameplay experience than rushing does.

Edited by Aggh

Both sides are right ad wrong in this and need to realize that and stop saying the other is wrong every time the topic comes up

DE please add a Rush and No Rush option to the menu to help soften this

Everyones hopefully happy

Ehm.   One attempt? I can't really think of anything aside from friendship doors that was aimed at reducing speedrunning. And those are only a partial fail, since they do stop the first speedrunner on the scene.

Door keys in cbt

Friendship doors

Timed doors in suspicious shipments event

2 person requirement for extraction

Broken lights

Even elevators are an anti rushing  measure when you get down to it.

Edited by Aggh

I blame the stamina system for that.

Yeah, why do anything about something when no one even does anything with that something anymore.

I blame the people.

/shrug

Even elevators are an anti rushing  measure when you get down to it.

They may delay someone by a random number of seconds, but there's nothing stopping them from continuing in their ways afterwards and still resulting in left-behind team mates.

Edited by FatalX7

Guess how many time DE tried to stop people from speeding and how many time they have failed?

Stamina nerf. Less regeneration speed.

Friendship doors.

Infested Corpus ship Exctraction zone.

1 minute wait time if not all players are at extraction.

Laser doors.

Arc traps. Broken Lights.

Energy drain doors.

Loki base speed nerf.

Seekers throwing the zapper balls.

Sprinting and sliding is for noobs. 1337 pr0z h4x0rs use coptering.

That being said, there isnt much to see once you saw every tile and tried every mission type. People just want to go through the missions and get whatever it is mission reward.

If you dont like playing fast, go SOLO. You might also be the problem in ONLINE groups if you are only one that goes slowly.

nah bro... some of us like to actually play Warframe and not Sonic the Hedgehog. I never rush and when I team with rushers (95% of the time) I wait till 2 seconds before I hit extract, I milk that timer like a dairy farmer. I usually get the objective item and take my time getting to extract as well.

this is not Call of Duty, Sonic, Need for Speed, GTA. This is Warframe. ninjaisms are all about proper use of parkour and killing dudes in as awesome a manner as possible not gimpxploiting away like a pansy. I think YOU are most definitely the major problem in this game.

Edited by Kartumterek

I like to jump-kick my enemies, even knock down leaders that way.  Helps me cut through mobs to do important things like grab a console, revive downed-Tenno, and snatch a major life-support.  My sprinting and sliding and gliding and jump-kicking as saved my teams plenty of times and they appreciate it.  Nothing noob about it.   I will quote (paraphrase) one of the devs that said "That is the style of Warframe gameplay."