Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Choose Gender For Frame

EtherealShigure

10000th post about this, congratulation !

So I'll repeat myself again : The closest thing from this that De consider is eventually creating frames with the same theme as the existing ones with the opposite sex and completely different abilities

Edited by Valfunde

I for one am all for it, it adds to the idea that these tenno are inside of interchangable suits rather than just suits of a specified gender attached to a genderless person inside. Doesn't make much sense.

On the downside, DE has pretty much stated specifically that they will never do this since it is time consuming and nets them 0 profit.

I hate how this community berates people for bringing up topics that have been discussed in the past. You can clearly tell that he doesn't know that, leave the guy alone and just give your thoughts rather than laying into him for having an unoriginal idea.

JexVjIX.gif

here we go again

How many threads is that? I lost count... Seriously... DE needs to put a HUGE banner with NO GENDER CHOICE FOR FRAMES. Not sure THAT would even be enough to prevent this from happening again...

What people think that if DE bring functionality to the player can be chosen gender (sex) for frame, and we will have Male Banshee - Nova - ect and Female Excalibur  - Frost - Loki :v

I won't lie OP. A male Banshee sounds very very weird... but maybe this should be considered for when the player ship comes out.

Suffice it to say that this issue has been beaten to death, and gender swaps will never, ever happen.

The closest DE will get to gender swaps is making separate frames with themes similar to existing frames, but the opposite sex.  Male Fire frame, female Lightning frame.

The problem is the animators would essentially have to make a a new frame for every single frame in the game. That's a lot of work, for what essentially boils down to a cosmetic. Just don't play female/male frames if you don't want to.

Suffice it to say that this issue has been beaten to death, and gender swaps will never, ever happen.

The closest DE will get to gender swaps is making separate frames with themes similar to existing frames, but the opposite sex.  Male Fire frame, female Lightning frame.

not gonna lie, that sounds drastically better than a simple gender swap. 

I for one am all for it, it adds to the idea that these tenno are inside of interchangable suits rather than just suits of a specified gender attached to a genderless person inside. Doesn't make much sense.

I was more under the impression that Warframes were as much soulless husk bodies as they were the "suit" covering them, and the "Tenno" were a Void-based intelligence that could inhabit them (representing the player presence controlling them).

Kind of a weird theory, but that's just what my brain did when it noticed Warframe Profiles seem to address the Warframe on exhibit and the viewers "Tenno" as if they were separate entities.

According to Excalibur codex:

In our desperation we turned to the Void. The blinding night, the hellspace where our science and reason failed. We took the twisted few that had returned from that place. We built a frame around them, a conduit of their affliction.

So they are suits for normal people.

According to Excalibur codex:

In our desperation we turned to the Void. The blinding night, the hellspace where our science and reason failed. We took the twisted few that had returned from that place. We built a frame around them, a conduit of their affliction.

So they are suits for normal people.

Imo it is more precisely something like this :

We USED to be normal people (normal childs to be precise). Then some came back alive, with their body twisted  by the void and imbued with great power. So the Orokin made suits (I like to imagine the tenno has the exact shape of its warframe, giving a sense to "twisted") to help us make the best of our abilities. Meaning for me that each warframe is unique and the result of the mutation of its owner.

That's how I see the thing, so for me if Ember looks female, that's not that a genderless tenno wears a female looking frame, it is because ember IS a girl that has been sent in the void and that came back with fire powers.

That's what the ember's codex entry tells, doesn't it ?