The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Theliset.com - U14 Official Hype Site - Updating Daily (It's Here Edition)

Letter13

Whaaaat people play 40k here?

Just get a couple space croissants full of warriors and watch your enemy cry. Most of the successful necron armies I see are just big mobs of warriors shooting all over the place

Edit: can't tell if talking about tabletop or dawn of war so

This is Soulstorm with the "Ultimate Apocalypse" mod...

When I play Tabletop, it's a LOT of Tau. I am actualyl quite happy to admit that because of some rolls that went poorly, my Firewarriors have beaten WItches in Assault phase four times in teh same game....

I don't know HOW it worked out, as Tau are AWFUL in CC, but hey, I am not complaining. Clobbering the Witches to death with the butts of my Pulse Rifles is what they get for literally desintigrating one of my Skyrays on the first turn :T

EDIT: THe Manta went down on the second turn. I rolled poorly, and got an engine malfunction. Managed to crashland it on the Dias of Destruction and take that and two of their Land Raiders out, so wasn't all bad xD

Edited by Mewfan

I wonder if the Devs will even be able to stay awake for the Dev stream tomorrow.

you don't want to know how many all-nighters they have pulled off for this game...you all should be more grateful for what they do

I think they already did, but the magnitude of things that went wrong went over the expected/predicted magnitude.

That's called bad management really; don't announce a date for something if that date isn't included in all your contingency plans, in fact, don't announce a date if you are certain you can't release something on that date. Deadlines management 101.

Edited by ReizoRyuu

That's called bad management really; don't announce a date for something if that date isn't included in all your contingency plans, in fact, don't announce a date if you are certain you can release something on that date. Deadlines management 101.

Well, I do believe they considered everything possible, just that another unexpected major bug cropped out. 

As much as you can carefully plan for everything, something is going to slip through. 

This is Soulstorm with the "Ultimate Apocalypse" mod...

When I play Tabletop, it's a LOT of Tau. I am actualyl quite happy to admit that because of some rolls that went poorly, my Firewarriors have beaten WItches in Assault phase four times in teh same game....

I don't know HOW it worked out, as Tau are AWFUL in CC, but hey, I am not complaining. Clobbering the Witches to death with the butts of my Pulse Rifles is what they get for literally desintigrating one of my Mantas on the first turn :T

I would have payed money to see that guy's face.

My friend plays Tau and I literally want to flip tables every time I go up against him. The amount of cheesy crap Tau can bring to bear is ridiculous D:

I've never played the game -__- only ever on the tabletop

Im the opposite :P I wouldve done more TT but i had some friends who got real creepy with it and DnD which turned me away from it lol

Edited by Echoa

That's called bad management really; don't announce a date for something if that date isn't included in all your contingency plans, in fact, don't announce a date if you are certain you can't release something on that date. Deadlines management 101.

never heard of nexon have you??

Edited by Echoa

they could at least talk with us, something like "guys i know we are late, but we working on it, it will be out tonight, or tomorrow..." some information

Does no one check the official post by Rebecca? She posted 2 updates man be patient. Thave have a couple MUST-FIX bugs

----------------------------

Update 14 Info:

11:27 PM EDT Update: Still here, we haven't gone anywhere! You may have noticed the forums went a little haywire, and that was simply due to everyone (understandably) wanting to know where the update is! From what I can see there are a small handful of must-fix issues left. Not sure how long it'll take to fix them, but we're getting it done! The patience is much appreciated, we're just as eager to play this together as you are!

__

9:06 PM EDT Update: Dev is still ironing out some kinks with the build! We want to get this in your (and our) hands as quickly as we can, and we’re here for the long haul! Thank you for your patience – we will update this thread with relevant info as we get it!  

___

This Thursday will mark the release of our most ambitious Update yet, Update 14! Intel from www.theliset.com reveals information on what’s coming your way this week. Get ready, Tenno! The scope of the changes coming may give some a bumpy ride, hold on tight! We’ll be standing by to catch you!

Edited by Domaik

they could at least talk with us, something like "guys i know we are late, but we working on it, it will be out tonight, or tomorrow..." some information

But they did gives us update. Exactly this. A few updates actually.

Well, I do believe they considered everything possible, just that another unexpected major bug cropped out. 

As much as you can carefully plan for everything, something is going to slip through. 

It shouldn't, that's what a worse case scenario plan is for; I don't even think what's going on right now is a worst case scenario in the grand scheme of things.

Though in the end good management is the result of good communication, and true unexpected major bug should never catch any management person by surprise, since they should consider any and all unexepected things even in the purely hypothetical sense.

The hype is still real, and though I'm really excited about the update I'm also slightly ticked off by now. I know bugs happen, and that the release can get delayed, but because I spent all night (for me, it's now 7AM) waiting on the update with my boyfriend on Skype, I now won't be able to see him for the day as he needs to sleep. He works at night, so that's messed up our plans...

If anything, I'm waiting until the two of us can play it together, so the update's delayed almost an entire day for me. Woo.