Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oberon Bashing Needs To Stop

OrphanMaker

Well if almost all Oberons spam 4 I think the bashing is justified 

Badum Tsss

What Hah hahaah

" I never played T4." :D

Dude I've been playing this game since it came out. Im a veteran player and have played every aspect of this game. You know what, im going to post video footage of me using Oberon in T4, and show you how to use him. My number one picks for T4 mission are Oberon, Volt, Loki, and maybe Frost because he is tanky. All of these warframes are good.

Any warframe is good with 99 formas and a POTATO ! Now back to reality we are talking about a warframe worst than ember...

im not talking about his stats but role, like ember oberon cant really do his role as a healer/damage dealer without fall behind 

Edited by Dasmir

If you still have to wait for healing to reach your people, instead of it being instant, he is still going to be pretty bad.  The people outrunning your healing is just ****.

I've never had a player "outrun" my heal.  It reaches them eventually.  

That being said, I'm not sure how this will interact with the toggle functionality.

Edited by RealPandemonium

If you still have to wait for healing to reach your people, instead of it being instant, he is still going to be pretty bad.  The people outrunning your healing is just ****.

Maybe people should not outrun the healer when looking for heals?

I always found this funny about Oberon, "This power sucks because it doesnt catch up to me when i need healing."

You be looking for the healer instead instead of the healer should be looking for you.

Maybe people should not outrun the healer when looking for heals?

I always found this funny about Oberon, "This power sucks because it doesnt catch up to me when i need healing."

You be looking for the healer instead instead of the healer should be looking for you.

1. No.

2. NO.

3. The attacker should be focused on attacking.  The healer should be focused on healing.  Games stick to this formula for a reason.  Being able to outrun it should not even be an option.  The lack on an instant heal will just make people stick with Trinity.

1. No.

2. NO.

3. The attacker should be focused on attacking.  The healer should be focused on healing.  Games stick to this formula for a reason.  Being able to outrun it should not even be an option.  The lack on an instant heal will just make people stick with Trinity.

Attacking doesnt mean get yourself killed, does it?

This is the type of mentality that leads to scares healers in games, i dump DPS all over the place and dont care about the results because the healer has to keep me alive. 

And, yes, if you want a full healer play with Trinity. Oberon is not a full healer.

Edited by Mak_Gohae

Attacking doesnt mean get yourself killed, does it?

This is the type of mentality that leads to scares healers in games, i dump DPS all over the place and dont care about the results because the healer has to keep me alive. 

And, yes, if you want a full healer play with Trinity. Oberon is not a full healer.

Trinity is better overall.  If Oberon had instant heals at max range, like her, then he would be worth using with the new updates. A regen and auto-esuna spell would be amazing only if people could not out run them.

Edited by (PS4)DesecratedFlame

He's useable in T4. I main him and run T4 no problem, even solo. It's all about the correct setup, and any good setup on Oberon starts with ditching Smite and Hallowed Ground and putting at least 5 formas (Forma hungry frame). 

To people saying Trinity is better overall, no. Just no. In fact let me laugh at that. Haha.

I love Oberon a lot, but even I will say that he desperately needs a rework. For God's sake, even Saryn is tankier than him. Renewal shouldn't be projectile based. Or at least its speed needs to be doubled. Reckoning lacks power. In T4, I can kill small enemies in one hit, but forget about the heavy gunners and Ancients. (Though while they're knocked down, you can finish them easily with any good weapon.)

Just make the most out of Oberon's abilities, use him right, and you got a (moderately) decent endgame frame. It also doesn't help that he only caters to one specific playstyle (which fortunately matches mine).

Yes, she is.  Why would you think otherwise?

Well pre-buff, Trinity is obviously better. I can't comment on post-buff because I haven't played it yet obviously, but he's going to be doing a lot of different things there that you can't get from Trinity. Basically, he'll be filing a different niche.

Well pre-buff, Trinity is obviously better. I can't comment on post-buff because I haven't played it yet obviously, but he's going to be doing a lot of different things there that you can't get from Trinity. Basically, he'll be filing a different niche.

The problem is that inly organized teams in endless missions really stick together for long periods of time. People split up and head towards different objectives most of the time, rushing/coptering through areas. 

The need to heal or remove status effects is  something that needs to be initiated quickly and effectively so if some one, who is procced, dies before the healing can reach them on the otherside of the map, if it even can reach them, then it is useless.

The only niche he would effectively fill is as a healer in high level content.  The problem is, Trinity already fills that roll but better. You really don't need to play it first hand to see this.  You can look at the changes and just apply some critical thinking.

I have been reading many post and seeing many negative comments about Oberon and I believe it is all ignorance and neglect to see the true power and potential of Oberon.

I have played all frames to max rank, and though i dont often play oberon, there are things that i like and dont like about him.

Reckoning is my bag of mixed feelings.

it is not perfect. it is broken, as it is useful and terrible at the same time. It offers a pleasant CC + Damage + health drop, but it is spammable and seriously, when i see Oberon, 9/10 times it is a player spamming Reckoning. at the same time, it becomes Oberon's forte, being able to deal repeat damage and CC if necessary.

Reckoning needs to be tweaked to deal more damage (like a lot more, like 750/1500/2250/3000) and a longer stagger, but have a cast lock for the duration of the stagger, so that other players dont just get trolled.

Hallowed Ground needs to be bigger and can it please be a circle with the reticle being the center? (5/7.5/10/12.5 meter radius), and add a slow effect, this would be much more useful for defense objectives. Hallowed ground should immediately begin to renew player's shields as well, giving it more use. could be stacked but slow effect would not stack (damage similar to stack like Fire Blast, slow not stacking, such as Snow Globe)

Renewal should regenerate the almost the same amount of health (125/150/175/200) over a shorter time (14/12/10/8 seconds) so the rate of healing would be 8.9/12.5/17.5/25 health per second. casting should be delayed until healing ends.

Smite has OK damage for a first ability, but should release more "projectiles", around 3/5/7/9, and target enemies in a larger radius from the original target, say 10/12.5/15/17.5 and in lieu of other enemies in the immediate area act like AntiMOA shots that deal no damage but stagger any enemies that run into the pulses. delay of casting until each projectile is gone.

these changes would make oberon much more viable and better to play, while not being over powered and spammable. any comments?