Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oberon Bashing Needs To Stop

OrphanMaker

I have Oberon. forma'd and potato'd and i love him. But hes just too damn weak in almost every way possible. Everyone is bashing him because everyone wants him buffed to be good, now your coming along and arguing hes fine? Do you not want your favorite warframe buffed? possibly even becoming Overpowered? Let the warframe dev's buff him. I swear you feel sorry for the AI or something. Looking a gift horse in the mouth would be a understatement since they announced they would have a look at him.

As a Oberon player myself i KNOW Reckoning hits like a Llama's spit at best when in any high tier mission.

Renewal is okish but simply not on par with the other skills in its class.

And i don't even want to talk about the other two, simply disgraceful damage.

The people replying to this thread probably all play Oberon and we want him buffed. You are the one being counter productive here.

(To be honest i think you just don't want him buffed to Loki or Rhino status because then everyone will use him and you wont be able to keep your "As a Oberon player" status)

Edited by Scraye

Renewal are perfect!  DONT TOUCH!!!

I believe it is all ignorance and neglect to see the true power and potential of Oberon.

Renewal

I still stand by my months-old suggestion that Renewal at least cure and grant resistance/immunity to status effects for its duration to give it some sort of use and also a complement to Blessing instead of simply being outclassed by it.

Dude whats your point? You think im a noob. I have probably been playing this game before and longer than you. I am no Noob and know what T4 Survival is. Stop talking about it like it is so epic. "Don't forget that the only T4 we really talk about is the Survival T4." Dude its easy. Now go blow something up!

Of course T4 Survival is easy if you leave at 5 minutes.

I'm sorry but beatings will continue until Oberon improves. Nothing he has scales usefully.  He is a non-endgame frame through and through. Anybody saying that this warframe is fine and dandy have not used it in high level srsbizness gameplay, or has never played a REAL endgame frame to see how much of a difference there is.

For example,

I think i smell jealousy. To be honest people spamming reckoning get so much hate because people want to get all the kills. It make people mad when one frame get all the kills and force other to just watch and revive each other.

The problem with Oberon is that Reckoning spam doesn't kill anything later on.  If you go completely nuts on power strength and ignore efficiency, it does something like 2K damage.   ...   A boltor prime does 2K damage in 1/5th of a second. My bow hits high level heavy gunners in the face for 10K damage (after armor) and STILL doesn't kill them after a while.

Warframe powers, to be relevant to all levels of play, need to have effects other than hard-limited numerical damage.  Oberon doesn't.  Therefore he is bad.

Edited by Momaw

A useful comparison for non-endgame players might be in order.  Let's compare Oberon's #4 to Rhino's.

They both do damage.  Reckoning has 1250 base damage at a range of 15 meters, while Stomp has 800 base damage at a range of 22 meters.

Stomp also suspends all affected targets in stasis for 8 seconds.  This effect applies regardless of enemy level. It simply works. Entire rooms of enemies are held helpless for the player team to fire on.

Reckoning's side effects are knocking enemies down (much less CC than Stomp), and having a chance to produce health orbs.  But if you've been into endgame you probably noticed that enemies have such insane damage output that if you are taking any health damage at all then you are probably dead and no piddly little 25HP health orbs are going to make a dent in keeping anybody alive.

Rhino's role in endgame is crowd control, not tanking. You can't tank when enemies do a thousand damage per second. You CAN remove their capacity to fight you. Rhino is an endgame frame. Oberon is not.

Op, you seem to orget that for Reckoning to drop any red orb, you actually need to KILL the enemy with it... Which, past a certain level (not that high klevel too...) is just impossible, even with maxed Power strength. So excuse us ignorant/dumb/noob masses if we think there's a problem here.^^'

I won't even comment on Smite and "carpet" abilities...

What Hah hahaah

" I never played T4." :D

Dude I've been playing this game since it came out. Im a veteran player and have played every aspect of this game. You know what, im going to post video footage of me using Oberon in T4, and show you how to use him. My number one picks for T4 mission are Oberon, Volt, Loki, and maybe Frost because he is tanky. All of these warframes are good.

Now that's what I'm talking about! +1

Heal too low and too slow to be useful past low-mid levels. 

Damage is too low, doesn't scale and does nothing vs most common armor type.

CC is bugged (you can suspend enemies with repeating ultimate)   

Oberon is pretty much a low-level frame.

i did t4 surv with oberon tho

I think i smell jealousy. To be honest people spamming reckoning get so much hate because people want to get all the kills. It make people mad when one frame get all the kills and force other to just watch and revive each other.

Never once have I seen an Oberon get any significant amount of kills with reckoning. As with a vast majority of direct-damage abilities, it's simply not strong enough to hurt enemies other than very low leveled ones.

The argument that it provides good CC is also flawed. I'll use rhino stop and Bastille as an example here: both suspend enemies more or less stationary, making them easy targets. Reckoning picks them up and slams them down, all with a glaringly bright visual effect. A player spamming Oberon isn't getting kills and he isn't contributing CC, at most he's just dropping everyone's framerate and making enemies momentarily harder to shoot.

I want oberon to be buffed so I can actually use him for high level missions and use more than just reckoning spam. It's annoying for other players and tiring for me. I think he is one of the coolest frames but his abilities/stats just don't cut him out for high level stuff. I like the way his abilities work but they need more function. right now they're just mediocre damage abilities and a slow heal. make his first ability track and break into more particles each bounce for 3 bounces or something. have hallowed ground slow/confuse or reduce enemy shields/armor. maybe buff his health and armor a bit too.

Noo, The spaming of it, is what makes it so great. If you have used Oberon before you would know that it kills almost everything. I think the Spammng of Oberon should be more fluid. 

There are so many things wrong with this statement, I'm having trouble forming a coherent argument.

For starters, you hypocritically bash Nova as an overrated frame because her main playstyle has been ultimate spamming – but then you go right on to say that what makes playing Oberon worthwhile is... ultimate spamming. It's a playstyle that ignores his two other damage skills, which just emphasizes the point that those two are rather worthless.

Further, sure, even a skill that deals 1 damage can kill anything if cast often enough. It does not make it quick or efficient, nor does limiting yourself to repeatedly casting that skill make it fun. Impact/Radiation is a weird combination, as at least one of them will be reduced on all enemies (even on Infested, for maximum irony).

A useful comparison for non-endgame players might be in order.  Let's compare Oberon's #4 to Rhino's.

They both do damage.  Reckoning has 1250 base damage at a range of 15 meters, while Stomp has 800 base damage at a range of 22 meters.

Stomp also suspends all affected targets in stasis for 8 seconds.  This effect applies regardless of enemy level. It simply works. Entire rooms of enemies are held helpless for the player team to fire on.

Reckoning's side effects are knocking enemies down (much less CC than Stomp), and having a chance to produce health orbs.  But if you've been into endgame you probably noticed that enemies have such insane damage output that if you are taking any health damage at all then you are probably dead and no piddly little 25HP health orbs are going to make a dent in keeping anybody alive.

Rhino's role in endgame is crowd control, not tanking. You can't tank when enemies do a thousand damage per second. You CAN remove their capacity to fight you. Rhino is an endgame frame. Oberon is not.

A fair analysis, only two small problems (for the sake of adding more depth to the argument):

You forgot to mention that Stomp deals a second instance of damage to enemies within about 10 meters, causing it to completely outclass Reckoning's damage. (As a nitpick, Rhino Stomp's actual maximum range is 25 meters, not 22.)

Further, you didn't put quite enough emphasis on the fact that Reckoning only creates health orbs if it was the killing blow – and even then, only half the time. Given that pure damage skills don't scale very well into end-game, this means that Reckoning's utility significantly decreases as level increases, and that Oberon's entire toolkit eventually becomes limited to a 100 energy 2-second ragdoll.

The problem with Oberon is that Reckoning spam doesn't kill anything later on.  ...

Warframe powers, to be relevant to all levels of play, need to have effects other than hard-limited numerical damage.  Oberon doesn't.  Therefore he is bad.

From what I understand, just about no frame ultimate kills 20+ minutes in T4 Survival. Ultimates at that level are only useful for their proc ablities. Reckoining proc knockdown; which is good for Veteran players. All Veteran players know that ultimates is worthless damage wise but is  good for the Procs. For example, Oberon ultimates is good for knockdown, Nova ultimate is good for slowdown, Rhino ultimate is has it own proc which is levitation, Volt ultimate is good for stun-lock, Loki ultimate is good for disarming enemies, Frost ultimate does freeze proc, and etc.. Now to be honest Oberon is one of the better frames on the game because his ultimate does damage and proc. There are frames on this game that have ultimates does pure damage with no proc. These frames considerd by all means worthless. Oberon like a lot of frames is pretty good and as I said before if you can not use him properly in end game missions against high level enemies it is your problem because it is a test of your skill rather how many times you can press 4, the win button.

From what I understand, just about no frame ultimate kills 20+ minutes in T4 Survival. Ultimates at that level are only useful for their proc ablities. Reckoining proc knockdown; which is good for Veteran players. All Veteran players know that ultimates is worthless damage wise but is  good for the Procs. For example, Oberon ultimates is good for knockdown, Nova ultimate is good for slowdown, Rhino ultimate is has it own proc which is levitation, Volt ultimate is good for stun-lock, Loki ultimate is good for disarming enemies, Frost ultimate does freeze proc, and etc.. Now to be honest Oberon is one of the better frames on the game because his ultimate does damage and proc. There are frames on this game that have ultimates does pure damage with no proc. These frames considerd by all means worthless. Oberon like a lot of frames is pretty good and as I said before if you can not use him properly in end game missions against high level enemies it is your problem because it is a test of your skill rather how many times you can press 4, the win button.

Oberon's ult is a horrible way to knock down enemies. If you really must knock down a room full of enemies, a good half of the melee weapons can do this. His ult is simply not competitive with a well-equipped player using most any other frame. Even Excalibur has more useful CC than Oberon.

Also, you contradicted yourself. At the beginning you said ults don't' deal damage in high level play, and at the end you said that high level play requires skill not pressing 4 to win.

There are so many things wrong with this statement, I'm having trouble forming a coherent argument.

A fair analysis, only two small problems (for the sake of adding more depth to the argument):

You forgot to mention that Stomp deals a second instance of damage to enemies within about 10 meters, causing it to completely outclass Reckoning's damage. (As a nitpick, Rhino Stomp's actual maximum range is 25 meters, not 22.)

From what I see, your argument is to prove Oberon is useless and Rhino is better. "I smell a Rhino fanboy."

From what I understand, just about no frame ultimate kills 20+ minutes in T4 Survival. Ultimates at that level are only useful for their proc ablities. Reckoining proc knockdown; which is good for Veteran players.

You do realize that Reckoning has a horrible range right? Even Pull is a much better CC than Reckoning I'm afraid.

I do hope the Devs buff Oberons smite to heal and hollowed ground to be more effective, but other than that, I hope they do not touch him especially based on what none Oberon users are posting. If the Devs make changes based on what you people have posted, Oberon will be nerfed rather than being buffed. This is why I do not want the Devs to touch him. If you do not like the play style of Oberon then do not use him, continue using the warframe that you enjoy. I love the way Oberon works, and we do not need another Trinity or Rhino. The fact that some are arguing to change him shows the Devs did something right, and made a warframe with its own style.

I do hope the Devs buff Oberons smite to heal and hollowed ground to be more effective, but other than that, I hope they do not touch him especially based on what none Oberon users are posting. If the Devs make changes based on what you people have posted, Oberon will be nerfed rather than being buffed. This is why I do not want the Devs to touch him. If you do not like the play style of Oberon then do not use him, continue using the warframe that you enjoy. I love the way Oberon works, and we do not need another Trinity or Rhino. The fact that some are arguing to change him shows the Devs did something right, and made a warframe with its own style.

Renewal is in dire need of a buff (and maybe Reckoning, but that is due to flat damage not holding up to enemy scaling [in fact, all damage-dealing Warframe powers tend to fall off in damage due to that, so that needs fixing as well]). 

Op, you seem to orget

What did you call me? What does Op mean? If Op means Overpowered, what did you mean by that? Please tell, you have the balls to call me Op, so tell me what does it mean.

Sorry about that, I though you was trolling me, like a lot of other people do, thats why I be so defensive all of the time.

Edited by OrphanMaker

Out of all the frames I own, Oberon is probably the one I've used the most. He was the second frame I got, and even after I got others I still came back to him because I think he's one of the coolest looking frames in the game.

Speaking as someone who is a huge fan of Oberon, he is in desperate need of a rework for all of his abilities. Almost everything you're saying is false.

So what are you trying to prove with that comment. You remind me of a politician running for office that starts to throw mud to win, except this is a petty forum argument. Its funny, your throwing mud to discredit me so you can win a simple internet argument. The hostility... XD

Ah not even! I just desperately want Oberon to be fixed, love to argue, and would prefer you had coherent responses D: