Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oberon Bashing Needs To Stop

OrphanMaker

I have been reading many post and seeing many negative comments about Oberon and I believe it is all ignorance and neglect to see the true power and potential of Oberon.

Now lets talk about Oberon from a true Oberon players perspective.

"Oberon is suppose to be a paladin." I keep reading this every where and he is. Its simple he can heal himself and team 200 health. Reckoning drop health orbs upon kills. What more do you need?

Reckoning and Renewal are perfect!  DONT TOUCH!!!

If you ask me Oberon have 2 abilities that may need reworking and they are Smite and Hallowed Ground.

Smite is simply a quick damage dealer that have little orbs that go randomly about. If it hits a enemy it does damage.

My Idea is the orbs should random bounce about like they do now but if they hit a team member that team member receives 50 health. The second Idea is instead of it releasing big orbs of energy, it releases orbs of energy like Renewal that heals Oberon and team members 25 health.

Hallow Ground place a line of radiation fire on the ground. The only thing i think should be buffed about this is it should be bigger and have 100% radiation proc for 10 seconds. This will cause enemies to be confused and start shooting one another, which would be funny to see, and most of all be very useful for crowd control.

Reckoning need small change, i think best will be if u add there duration, so it will more cc than just spamy skill. Let oberon lift enemies in air and longer they stay there more dmg they will take after they smash down, its simple fix to 25 energy spam.

Edited by ziranei

Not too bad. When it comes to BUFFING a character, I'd let DEScott take a run at it first before I suggest anything. He's good at THAT. It's the nerf gun we need to keepaway from him at all costs. Way too trigger happy. I'm interested to see what he comes up with.

Simply calling them ignorant doesn't make your argument stronger, and in fact just makes you sound rude. Additionally, swinging around your self-label of being a "true Oberon player" doesn't help that either.

Secondly, if you saw the community hot topics and the poll on Oberon, you'll know that quite the majority of votes think Smite and Renewal are the ones needing most work. In a sense, you aren't bringing new arguments to the table I think, since you agreed to that.

I'm not making a stance here since I don't know much of Oberon, but if you want to make a stance against the "many comments and posts", the statements you make needs to have weight.

As for the requested buffs you made? I think they sound nice. Buffs are always cool if done right, especially if it's to ncrease CC (too many people I see play him to press 4).

Edited by Casardis

Well, we could improve Renewal, by making the projectile speed faster (to 200 m/s homing) and remove all status effects and provide immunity to status effects on all affected players. That would help to improve that skill while making him more of a holy paladin. 

Reckoning need small change, i think best will be if u add there duration, so it will more cc than just spamy skill. Let oberon lift enemies in air and longer they stay there more dmg they will take after they smash down, its simple fix to 25 energy spam.

Noo, The spaming of it, is what makes it so great. If you have used Oberon before you would know that it kills almost everything. I think the Spammng of Oberon should be more fluid. Spamming Reckoning should look like Ermac bounce move. Right now if you spam Reckoning the enemies being spammed will get caught in the air anyways, and will hover like in Vaubans Bastille. I think its a glitch but could be implimented as a durational levitation that adds duration and damage with each use of reckoning.

Heal too low and too slow to be useful past low-mid levels. 

Damage is too low, doesn't scale and does nothing vs most common armor type.

CC is bugged (you can suspend enemies with repeating ultimate)   

Oberon is pretty much a low-level frame.

Simply calling them ignorant doesn't make your argument stronger, and in fact just makes you sound rude. Additionally, swinging around your self-label of being a "true Oberon player" doesn't help that either.

Secondly, if you saw the community hot topics and the poll on Oberon, you'll know that quite the majority of votes think Smite and Renewal are the ones needing most work. In a sense, you aren't bringing new arguments to the table I think, since you agreed to that.

I'm not making a stance here since I don't know much of Oberon, but if you want to make a stance against the "many comments and posts", the statements you make needs to have weight.

As for the requested buffs you made? I think they sound nice. Buffs are always cool if done right, especially if it's to ncrease CC (too many people I see play him to press 4).

To be honest I wasnt going to post the call for all the nerfs is pure ignorance but most of the time from what i have seen it is. I see plenty of time in region chat and squad chat people bashing Oberon. About 75% of this people bashing Oberon have never even used him or used him once or twice and started bashing him. I truly believe there is a culture of ignorant player Oberon bashing, that was created by ignorant player that continues to be past along by ignorant players. Many times I have seen people in region chat ask about Oberon. They ask is he a good warframe and people that dont know his power bash him. I ask them to a duel in survival.  The rules are who ever and stay alive the longest and get the most kills win. They get all sort of overrated frames like nova and lose. I have to revive them and I still get more kills than them. After the match they get mad and ignore me. I own multiple frames. I own a Nova and I can tell you without being a fanboy Nova is overrated and Oberon will out kill her anyday. After extensive playing and trying to chain kill with her she is no match for Oberon. The only Warframe that compares to Oberons area killing is Volt. Volt and Oberon have two of the most powerful ultimates in this game. Both of their ultimates deal damage and 100% proc to do crowd control. But the only thing Oberon have over Volt and many other frames is that Oberon is not squish and he can self heal! Oberon is super OP!

Edited by OrphanMaker

snip

Yes I know about that opinion on Oberon, and that's sad. However, once again, calling them out on that in such a way doesn't really help, though if I have to be perfectly honest, you're being generous with the way you call them. It's still not a reason to do so, or to put you in a higher pillar than them like that.

In any case, I do think Oberon will get some rework, and due to the poll, I'm positive most of the attention will be put on Smite and Hallowed Ground. "When" is the question, and the answer is the typical Soon™

Edited by Casardis

Heal too low and too slow to be useful past low-mid levels. 

Damage is too low, doesn't scale and does nothing vs most common armor type.

CC is bugged (you can suspend enemies with repeating ultimate)   

Oberon is pretty much a low-level frame.

I think your completely wrong. His healing is great. His Reckoing Proc Knockdown for crowd control, and upon death they release health orbs. Oberon is completely endgame. I have healed my self and many teamates in T4 that were complete life savers for me and my squad. Everytime Vor would come around my squad would take extreme damage and with me casting Renewal not one of them dies! I see all the time even for myself. When Vor is kicking my butt I hit renewal and is back in the fight.

Edited by OrphanMaker

I think your completely wrong. His healing is great. His Reckoing Proc Knockdown for crowd control, and upon death they release health orbs. Oberon is completely endgame. I have healed my self and many teamates in T4 that were complete life savers for me and my squad. Everytime Vor would come around my squad would take extreme damage and with me casting Renewal not one of them dies! I see all the time even for myself. When Vor is kicking my ** I hit renewal and is back in the fight.

I agree on the crowd control and the healing, but the healing projectiles are really too slow. I think there is this one time where a Loki in my mission outran my Renewal projectile, and I was just standing there for a few seconds, wondering why and how did that speed get through to the final version. 

I think your completely wrong. His healing is great. His Reckoing Proc Knockdown for crowd control, and upon death they release health orbs. Oberon is completely endgame. I have healed my self and many teamates in T4 that were complete life savers for me and my squad. Everytime Vor would come around my squad would take extreme damage and with me casting Renewal not one of them dies! I see all the time even for myself. When Vor is kicking my butt I hit renewal and is back in the fight.

Sounds like you'v never played T4. common mobs do 10x  more damage than Oberon can heal per second. Even in T3 Oberon heal is bad. Lvl30 heavy does more damage than Oberon can heal per second.  Vor can do approximately  ~300-500 dmg per second

Oberon 20 hp per second.is a joke of a heal (or ~50 if yo max it and make too expensive and un-spammable). And no one needs Oberon, when you have Trinity. 

Edited by Monolake

Sounds like you'v never played T4. common mobs do 10x  more damage than Oberon can heal per second. Even in T3 Oberon heal is bad. Lvl30 heavy does more damage than Oberon can heal per second.  Vor can do approximately  ~300-500 dmg per second

Oberon 20 hp per second.is a joke of a heal (or ~50 if yo max it and make too expensive and un-spammable). And no one needs Oberon, when you have Trinity. 

This is the problem with oberon. His heals can be nice sometimes, but in high level play they just don't do anything. I agree with Renegade that renewal should remove status effects from your allies, this would give players an incentive to use it late game when status-applying enemies are more common.

Reckoning is the ability that gets oberon a lot of hate, and rightly so. The majority of oberons I've played with make no effort to heal their teammates, and instead spam reckoning constantly. Frankly, it's annoying, and against high level enemies it's no more effective than a ground slam knockdown.

The last time I messed up and had to heal while fighting Vay Hek, I had to do nothing but hide in cover for almost a minute. The heal is too slow.

200 HP while I'm having about 800 ish? After 23 seconds? This is why they say you can replace Oberon with a health gear. 

Make it heal 40% of your max hp after 20 seconds (2% per sec) with the way modifier currently works with the ability (Negative duration = takes longer to heal the same amount, more power = stronger heal)

This won't replace trinity as she has the power to constantly provide burst heal. 2% HP per sec is about just the right amount to make sure you don't have to hide all day after getting scratched once from a lv 40+ enemies.

Reckoning is great since it's a fast AoE CC so you can fire without being disturbed. It's not for the damage or the health orb. Anyone that played Oberon to a certain amount knows the magic that "Double Reckoning" provide.

I have been reading many post and seeing many negative comments about Oberon and I believe it is all ignorance and neglect to see the true power and potential of Oberon.

Now lets talk about Oberon from a true Oberon players perspective.

So because people think Oberon is in a bad spot (and he is), they're ignorant and aren't true Oberon players?

Please, don't make me laugh.

Reckoning and Renewal are perfect!  DONT TOUCH!!!

Too late, already laughing.

LOL, shut up TC, he is a POS of a warframe and desperately needs to be on par with useful ones, nekros is next on the list.

Try using him on T4, i mean there's absolutely no point in doing so except proving a point, hell, doesn't even need to be T4, any new-labelled-hard misisons composed of lv 30+ enemies.

Sounds like you'v never played T4.

What Hah hahaah

" I never played T4." :D

Dude I've been playing this game since it came out. Im a veteran player and have played every aspect of this game. You know what, im going to post video footage of me using Oberon in T4, and show you how to use him. My number one picks for T4 mission are Oberon, Volt, Loki, and maybe Frost because he is tanky. All of these warframes are good.

Edited by OrphanMaker

Reckoning is the ability that gets oberon a lot of hate, and rightly so. The majority of oberons I've played with make no effort to heal their teammates, and instead spam reckoning

I think i smell jealousy. To be honest people spamming reckoning get so much hate because people want to get all the kills. It make people mad when one frame get all the kills and force other to just watch and revive each other.

As someone who loves Oberon and plays him as a main frame, I can fairly say that he is underpowered (unless you have the right mods, but, even then, a Trinity modded similarly just wrecks his face). For instance, with a good melee weapon + Life Strike, you can heal yourself pretty well. Then combined with his abundance of health, using Rage and Quick Thinking can turn him into a melee berserker. Can't be as reckless as a Trinity doing the same thing, but, still damn fun.

Edited by Cradicias

What Hah hahaah

" I never played T4." :D

Dude I've been playing this game since it came out. Im a veteran player and have played every aspect of this game. You know what, im going to post video footage of me using Oberon in T4, and show you how to use him. My number one picks for T4 mission are Oberon, Volt, Loki, and maybe Frost because he is tanky. All of these warframes are good.

Don't forget that the only T4 we really talk about is the Survival T4 since stuffs like MD, Ext, blah are still pretty easy anyway since enemies don't scale to be tanky enough.

Don't forget that the only T4 we really talk about is the Survival T4 since stuffs like MD, Ext, blah are still pretty easy anyway since enemies don't scale to be tanky enough.

Dude whats your point? I have probably been playing this game before and longer than you. I am no Noob and know what T4 Survival is. Stop talking about it like it is so epic. "Don't forget that the only T4 we really talk about is the Survival T4." Dude its easy. Now go blow something up!

Edited by Einde