Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oberon Bashing Needs To Stop

OrphanMaker

Do not get mad when I call you guys out, If you make this about insulting me rather than Oberon I will call you out every time. As far as i am concerned, this topic and arguing online is a waste of time. People will always hate certain warframes and are never satisfied. Posting topics online to discuss these matters will begin in coherent comments, but will soon fall to name calling and insulting.

I'm finished here.

But...I don't hate Oberon D:

Edit: nor did I insult you, at least not until you insulted me

Edited by vaugahn

Umm... that statement. That is why range extending mods was created.

Umm... that statement. Range extending mods are based on the base range of abilities, so naturally lower-range abilities benefit less, with Reckoning sadly being one of them.

From what I understand, just about no frame ultimate kills 20+ minutes in T4 Survival.

Bladestorm says hello.

I do hope the Devs buff Oberons smite to heal and hollowed ground to be more effective, but other than that, I hope they do not touch him especially based on what none Oberon users are posting. If the Devs make changes based on what you people have posted, Oberon will be nerfed rather than being buffed. This is why I do not want the Devs to touch him. If you do not like the play style of Oberon then do not use him, continue using the warframe that you enjoy. I love the way Oberon works, and we do not need another Trinity or Rhino. The fact that some are arguing to change him shows the Devs did something right, and made a warframe with its own style.

Smite is garbage. It deals poor damage, rarely procs radiation (which is still just a chance to actually cause the confusion), and has no secondary effects. Hallowed Ground is the same. Renewal has a travel time and heals a static amount over time (compared to Blessing, which is instant, global, and restores 100% of both health and shields). Reckoning is garbage at higher play, as it just becomes a very expensive CC -- no health orbs at all unless Reckoning deals the killing blow.

You're the only one saying he's fine, and you've got plenty of other posters (and topics) arguing otherwise. Guess who is in the wrong here?

From what I understand, just about no frame ultimate kills 20+ minutes in T4 Survival Ultimates at that level are only useful for their proc ablities. Reckoining proc knockdown; which is good for Veteran players.

Except let's examine some other frames and see what their ultimate abilities actually do.

Rhino:

~10 second (they still have to stand up) hard CC over a huge area

Nyx:

Personal invulnerability, team cover if equipped with max range mods, damage inflicted scales linearly with enemy because you use their own damage against them

Loki:

Enemies forced to use only melee weapons, with huge range and PERMANENT level-ignoring effect.

Nova:

Enemy takes double damage, inflicts half DPS, 30 seconds soft CC

We're not arguing that other frames have ultimate abilities that kill better...We're saying that all #4 abilities capacity to kill quickly becomes non-existent at high levels and their non-damage effects are what people value. And the non-damage utility of Reckoning is bad. As others have said, the knockdown is short lived and VERY expensive to be used this way, and the health orb generation is unreliable (not to mention pointless because the magnitude of healing from a few sporadic orbs isn't even noticeable)

Reckoning needs health drops regardless of whether or not he kills

The regen limit when you reach full HP should be removed from his 3

The other two are pretty bad IMO as well

He should be much tankier than what he is on top of it all

Sounds like you'v never played T4. common mobs do 10x  more damage than Oberon can heal per second. Even in T3 Oberon heal is bad. Lvl30 heavy does more damage than Oberon can heal per second.  Vor can do approximately  ~300-500 dmg per second

Oberon 20 hp per second.is a joke of a heal (or ~50 if yo max it and make too expensive and un-spammable). And no one needs Oberon, when you have Trinity. 

This is the issue right here. Oberon's heal is nice as a top off. It comes in handy against infested toxic procs and such. For Void. It might be helpful when combine with a Mag with Shield Polarize. Against fast damage however, like you see in T4, Oberon simply does not heal enough or fast enough. One way to boost Renewal would be to add a damage reduction which it's active. Hollowed Ground is completely useless right now. Again, adding a sort of secondary effect would be a way to buffing it without increasing the damage too much. Maybe a slow? Maybe a accuracy reduction for enemies caught in it to give Oberon the ability to reduce incoming damage again allowing for Renewal to do its job? Who knows....

It is a shame really. Oberon was my favorite frame for a while, But now I realize that everything he does, can be done better by other frames. I would rather bring Mag with health packs for the team than Oberon. Mag has a better "heal" (Shield Polarize)and better CC abilities. And if I'm going for something really hard, Trinity is the better choice for support. Oberon has a lot of potential. But as it is right now, he can't do anything special.

I can do T4 survival with an ember and last 40 minutes by just having strong weapons and utilizing cover+ her mediocre cc. She could definitely still use a buff though. 

Edited by Blastcut

I have been reading many post and seeing many negative comments about Oberon and I believe it is all ignorance and neglect to see the true power and potential of Oberon.

Now lets talk about Oberon from a true Oberon players perspective.

"Oberon is suppose to be a paladin." I keep reading this every where and he is. Its simple he can heal himself and team 200 health. Reckoning drop health orbs upon kills. What more do you need?

Reckoning and Renewal are perfect!  DONT TOUCH!!!

If you ask me Oberon have 2 abilities that may need reworking and they are Smite and Hallowed Ground.

Smite is simply a quick damage dealer that have little orbs that go randomly about. If it hits a enemy it does damage.

My Idea is the orbs should random bounce about like they do now but if they hit a team member that team member receives 50 health. The second Idea is instead of it releasing big orbs of energy, it releases orbs of energy like Renewal that heals Oberon and team members 25 health.

Hallow Ground place a line of radiation fire on the ground. The only thing i think should be buffed about this is it should be bigger and have 100% radiation proc for 10 seconds. This will cause enemies to be confused and start shooting one another, which would be funny to see, and most of all be very useful for crowd control.

He's not a Paladin .... Paladins are palace guards ... they have armor..... He has antlers and low armor.... sooooo...he's a druid.

Edited by nekrojiji

In Warframe, "light" armor is the 190 of Rhino and Frost.  "Heavy" armor is Valkyr's 600.   Everybody else doesn't have enough to matter.

Still armour nonetheless (heck, even paper can be armour [the fact that it almost does nothing is beside the point]), but I see your point. 

He's not a Paladin .... Paladins are palace guards ... they have armor..... He has antlers and low armor.... sooooo...he's a druid.

Thematically, he's supposed to be a paladin (all his skills are named as such, and DE has always referred to him as a paladin). Visually, he's more or less a druid.

While not as big of an issue as his skills, there's definitely some issues in regards to his theme? Is he a paladin? Is he a druid? Both? Neither?

In Warframe, "light" armor is the 190 of Rhino and Frost.  "Heavy" armor is Valkyr's 600.   Everybody else doesn't have enough to matter.

^So true. 15 armor? Really?! "Hey! Look at my super duper awesome paper armor! It's so awesome it can stop... Nothing!"  \o/

Well, it might be able to slow down a light breeze...

Edited by Marthrym

I have read all your comments, and have come to the conclusion he is in need of a buff. His smite is only a tickle, his hallow ground is a joke, his renewal needs to be faster with more health, and last his Reckoning needs more damage, and a better proc. Reckoning as of now, if spammed will glitch, but reckoning needs to be spammable. I just wish reckoning worked like Ermacs telekinetic slam.

I am not against a buff, but I am against a total rework!

Edited by OrphanMaker

3 is one of the more interesting and unique abilities in the game.  4 is medicore but its suspension bug makes it useful (read: exploitable, but it takes time to do and requires 2 casts so it's presently not so bad.)  1 is cute but boring and 2 needs some secondary effect (crowd control?) to make it worth using.  

3 is one of the more interesting and unique abilities in the game.  4 is medicore but its suspension bug makes it useful (read: exploitable, but it takes time to do and requires 2 casts so it's presently not so bad.)  1 is cute but boring and 2 needs some secondary effect (crowd control?) to make it worth using.  

Renewal just needs better scaling (static health restoration kinda sucks when you've got Blessing around, which tops off both health and shields). I'd also love to have the old auto-revive back, even if it was a bug. Definitely made the skill more unique.

Ideally warframes should only be taking limited amounts of health damage in small increments; Renewal keeps us topped off and is quite effective in that role.  Comparing Renewal to Blessing is moot; IMO Trinity should be treated similarly to Nova and Rhino as an choice for EZmode and exploitation. 

Everything is awful about Oberon. Both from a viability standpoint and design standpoint. If you really need me to explain it to you:

Design-wise:

He’s advertised as a ‘paladin’ but does not play the role of a paladin whatsoever. He does not even resemble one, and anyone who knows what a paladin actually is would have no clue Oberon was supposed to be a paladin without actually being told. His skills have nothing to do with being a paladin. A dinky @$$ heal is not paladin-like whatsoever. Paladins are tanky warriors that slay their enemies with holy might, while providing massive buffs and heals for their teammates. They’re awesome, powerful, and a joy to have around. Oberon does absolutely none of these things. He plays like a druid, he’s designed like a goat; which is the complete opposite of a holy theme overall, and is usually associated with druids, and holy @(*()$ god his arms are like twigs and are not anatomically possible whatsoever.

Viability-wise:

His damage and scaling is so mediocre, to the point where he can’t do jack past level 30 (and that’s giving him more credit than he’s due). He is not tanky whatsoever, like a Paladin should be, and he does absolutely nothing that any other frame can’t do better. Smite is a lamer version of the already lame Soul Punch. Renewal’s heal only heals 200 health over 10 seconds (20 health per second), which doesn’t mean jack, especially when Trinity exists (he does not provide an alternative, he’s just inferior). Hallowed Ground is a complete and utter joke and is the size of 1 Grineer. His ulti is the same generic ‘nuke the room’ ulti, except it sucks and can’t kill anything above level 30 and provides no utility whatsoever. Health orbs on low level enemy kills are not a merit whatsoever, and Nekros/Trinity/Team Health Restores still all do his job better. He does absolutely nothing for the team, or even yourself, aside from wasting a slot.

If you think Oberon is a good Warframe as he currently is then you seriously need to consider actually playing another frame. There is a REASON Scott is planning on reworking him entirely. There is a REASON he’s considered the laziest and most useless frame (there is no way that you can deny he was rushed, considering he was released not even a week after his concept art was shown, and again, his kit is generic and mediocre). That reason being; he sucks and is completely useless beyond belief. He is in desperate need of that rework and I do hope it brings him up to par with the other Warframes in the game, because frankly he has no place in the game whatsoever aside from taking up inventory space and giving 6k mastery.

Also for the love of god unless his new kit involves holy judgment then they better rename him to a druid. 

tumblr_inline_n7tcrqzldq1s4qb5c.gif

Edited by Diarist

Why'd you make this thread if you had no intention of listening to anything anyone has to say? Oberon is NOT one of the top warframes in this game. He is in a bad spot, and is getting a rework. End of story.ta

While most people agree Oberon is less than polished, really, is Oberon weak?  He can spam 4 to clear most of the game's content, his HP is above average, and he has a self-heal that has exploitable interactions with QT and Rage.  Nevermind the Reckoning -> Bastille bug.  His 1 is forgettable and 2 has no CC to make it useful while having a damage type that's bad against Infested.  His first two skills need something but I would say he's underrated.  Some more armor to synergize with his healing potential would be interesting.  

From what I understand, just about no frame ultimate kills 20+ minutes in T4 Survival. Ultimates at that level are only useful for their proc ablities. Reckoining proc knockdown; which is good for Veteran players. All Veteran players know that ultimates is worthless damage wise but is  good for the Procs. For example, Oberon ultimates is good for knockdown, Nova ultimate is good for slowdown, Rhino ultimate is has it own proc which is levitation, Volt ultimate is good for stun-lock, Loki ultimate is good for disarming enemies, Frost ultimate does freeze proc, and etc.. Now to be honest Oberon is one of the better frames on the game because his ultimate does damage and proc. There are frames on this game that have ultimates does pure damage with no proc. These frames considerd by all means worthless. Oberon like a lot of frames is pretty good and as I said before if you can not use him properly in end game missions against high level enemies it is your problem because it is a test of your skill rather how many times you can press 4, the win button.

Ash's Ulti does. Of course with intensify maxed but that combo counter is the truth.