Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pvp Conflicts? What?

LikeABawsh

I don't think this is accurate for the coming Solar Rail Conflict/Dark Sectors changes. Mobile Defense missions will be replaced with the new conflict game mode. I would be happy to clarify further - do you know the source of this confusion? Devstream #29?

Do you mean to say that Dark Sector conflicts will now be 100% pvp?  Zero pve option(s)?

My understanding was that there would at least be an option between the two.

those players can get the other stance. it is fair because i don't wanna do tower for but i will grind all day for bo prime. just because you don't wanna do something doesn't mean the thing should have no reward.

PvE and PvP are completely different playstiles, and players shouldn't be forced to play PvP in just to farm for something that might or might not drop.

Do you mean to say that Dark Sector conflicts will now be 100% pvp?  Zero pve option(s)?

My understanding was that there would at least be an option between the two.

The PvE portion was that of farming material and supporting your clan outside of the actual PvP arena.

I'm actually very curious how revives are going to work in this game mode, I'm hoping it's like Conclaves where it doesn't penalize you for dying (except with a timer or something like that), as that would deter me from ever touching the mode since I'd gimp each frame I use in there when it comes to other ingame content.

I don't see the relation, there's a ticket system in BF's Rush? Could you explain please? :x

Edit: oh wait, you mean like the more you win, the more tickets you earn (or lose). As opposed to "spending tickets everytime you die like you'd spend revives". That'd be more sensible yeah.

No he means by "ticket system" is that the attacking team will have lets say 200 tickets, as long as the attacking team has tickets they can respawn. 1 ticket = 1 respawn, once the attacking team runs out of tickets they lose.

I'm actually very curious how revives are going to work in this game mode, I'm hoping it's like Conclaves where it doesn't penalize you for dying (except with a timer or something like that), as that would deter me from ever touching the mode since I'd gimp each frame I use in there when it comes to other ingame content.

as I stated above, in the Devstream they said it will have a spawn ticket system similar to Battlefields rush game mode, which is pretty much what the Solar Rails conflicts will be like.

The PvE portion was that of farming material and supporting your clan outside of the actual PvP arena.

That's what I assumed, but apparently the MD is being replaced.  I am aware of the offhand statement about having a standard Sabotage mission instead, but I would like confirmation.

Such a word used so often as of late. But no player really knows what he/she is entitled to, do they?

Odd reply considering his use of the term had nothing to do with the game but rather someone's opinion being something their entitled to.

or you could listen to Steve and dont knock it till you try it.

I don't care how good or bad it is, but a lot of people are accepting PvP just because it isn't forcing anything.

Making PvP the only place to get gameplay relevant stuff in a PvE game is not the way to go.

1521.jpg

With how scaling works, PVP in this game cannot be balanced.

And with that the penny dropped for me. I just realised what that bad feeling I've got about PvP, beyond the type of crowd it attracts, is.

Platinum + Forma + Mod trading + PvP = P2W

Edited by Uzrael

And with that the penny dropped for me. I just realised what that bad feeling I've got about PvP, beyond the type of crowd it attracts, is.

Platinum + Forma + Mod trading + PvP = P2W

or just this

Farm + Loki Prime + do event = P2W (Play to Win)

Edited by Doforcash

I suspect this will get dull pretty fast with the limited amount of revives (4) we have. Gotta wait and see if they did anything about that.

Hopefully revives will be gone completely. That way they can add challenging content with certain rewards, in which dying and restarting is common place. You know, earning things via skill rather than RNG layered on top of easy missions.

If the PvP is the only way to play the conflicts, then I probably just won't play them. I've never really enjoyed PvP in any game and I doubt I'll enjoy this one either. I'll try it a few times and probably never touch it again unless it's the only way to get something or it's an event for some reason, like Interception.

Hopefully revives will be gone completely. That way they can add challenging content with certain rewards, in which dying and restarting is common place. You know, earning things via skill rather than RNG layered on top of easy missions.

That would be soooo much better, and not only for PVP. Like %10 less credits each time you die with the limit of -%50 where you can't lose credits anymore and doomed to spectate the game for the rest of the round, and +%25 bonus if you never die.

Edit: Or could be that rather than restricting the gameplay completely, we could have a cooldown on revives instead after you've passed a certain limit, so that we won't quit the mission nor have to spectate if we die too often, just wait longer and longer before we can go back in. Simple and mild penalty.

Edited by CapricaSix

common mates

waiting.jpg

let's do it together ;)

nine month?

come on they said today :/

edit: Babies are often ugly at the moment it breath air for first time, hope this one will be ok

Edited by Tsoe

I'm curious to see how people will speed run through the PvP arena..

I kid I kid.. But on a more serious note, I cannot wait to see the very first "cheese" tactics developed by the community. People are so creative when it comes to winning competitions that, aside from cheating, you'd really have to be prepared for anything.. Or everything.. 

Everything?

I'm curious to see how people will speed run through the PvP arena..

I kid I kid.. But on a more serious note, I cannot wait to see the very first "cheese" tactics developed by the community. People are so creative when it comes to winning competitions that, aside from cheating, you'd really have to be prepared for anything.. Or everything.. 

Everything?

If there is one thing you gotta admire about people... we can sure get creative when it comes to winning.

Some will like it, some won't. I never cared for the Conflict side of DS to begin with, nor do I care for PvP altogether. I'll try it a few times just to see what's what, and then let other folks enjoy that part of WF.

And so begins the nerfs to PVE cuz of balance to PVP. Oh we'll was a good ride while it lasted. Every game with PVP has to balance, and as a result PVE will be affected. It always happens, eventually they will add PVP only mods, and then some mods will not work in PVP zones. And eventually some weapons and maybe some frames.

Edited by Anpu