Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

U15: Still Early But It Must Be Talked About!

(PSN)ghost09lilG

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT??????? pc version is as broken as the ps4. SOOOOOOOOO MANY crash bugs

What game are you playing? Because WF crashes for me once in a blue moon.

I really suspect that a fair amount of crashes and similar are on the players end and not necessarily to do with WF.

Because there is a massive discrepancy between the two

I'm not saying forget content forever and fix everything.. I'm just saying That for U15 and only U15 fixes and rebalancing should be the focus and before or after that update go back to the usual way of doing things

It would happen. :l It doesn't need to be you. You're not even the last or first to suggest they focus on bug fixes for an update, hotfix, or anything.

Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

I really suspect that a fair amount of crashes and similar are on the players end and not necessarily to do with WF.

People with S#&$ty computers probably get more bugs

If you can show me a single update that has not had bug fixes I will agree. 

Bugfixes mostly related to cosmetic issues, sound bugs, and some newly appeared critical frame or weapon bugs -that is agan, most of the time cosmetic-.

Real bugs are with us for more than a year. I won't go into details I voiced my opinions dozens of times and I share the view of the op strongly.

Bugfixes mostly related to cosmetic issues, sound bugs, and some newly appeared critical frame or weapon bugs -that is agan, most of the time cosmetic-.

Real bugs are with us for more than a year. I won't go into details I voiced my opinions dozens of times and I share the view of the op strongly.

cosmetic bugs - i know of one. the occasional stretched out texture that its size increase and it fills your whole screen, it's not bad. it's tolerable.

real bugs - this game crashes probably at least once times a day for me.

Edited by InForWar

The only fact that it happens to so many people just rejects your whole theory of being my side.

My pc is up to date, strong and quite able to sustain a few hours, if not days of continuous gameplay.

The fact that this is the first game which i am having issues with like these is proving that this is not my side.

What i think is that the graphical code is bugged. because several crashes of my game were ended up showing my graphics driver crashed and reactivated. 

A game is completely capable of crashing the driver with its defective code.

I played many games and i am first to encounter these problems.

Bugs are something every developer constantly focuses on. Each programmer/artist looks into bugs from their own fields and fixes them. However the team is often split up with people who create new content and try out certain things with others to simply bug fix.

Having an update focused on bug fixing won't work as it will leave certain parts of the team left with nothing and the game is still growing at a fast pace and as far as I am concerned within this F2P market Warframe cannot stop. Most bugs get ironed out anyway, with many occuring from things like lag which aren't something easy to fix.

Just a thought :S

Bugs are something every developer constantly focuses on. Each programmer/artist looks into bugs from their own fields and fixes them. However the team is often split up with people who create new content and try out certain things with others to simply bug fix.

Having an update focused on bug fixing won't work as it will leave certain parts of the team left with nothing and the game is still growing at a fast pace and as far as I am concerned within this F2P market Warframe cannot stop. Most bugs get ironed out anyway, with many occuring from things like lag which aren't something easy to fix.

'lag' issues won't ever be resolved because DE doesn't have proper reliable servers. you should keep that in mind.

'lag' issues won't ever be resolved because DE doesn't have proper reliable servers. you should keep that in mind.

That's not what I am talking about. I mean the reputation system bug popping up at end of mission if it's laggy or the log in displaying Ancient Retribution etc...

Fair point :p

The only fact that it happens to so many people just rejects your whole theory of being my side.

My pc is up to date, strong and quite able to sustain a few hours, if not days of continuous gameplay.

The fact that this is the first game which i am having issues with like these is proving that this is not my side.

What i think is that the graphical code is bugged. because several crashes of my game were ended up showing my graphics driver crashed and reactivated. 

A game is completely capable of crashing the driver with its defective code.

I played many games and i am first to encounter these problems.

I'm not saying its necessarily on your side, but I am say there are also plenty of people who have no trouble with crashes just like there a bunch of people that do. The two don't really prove much beyond it having something to do with code not playing very nice with a persons PC or drivers and DE glen has been working on optimising WF for players with different equipment.

It could very likely be both, but as far as there being a who lot of huge bugs and the game being broken, a lot of players can also say they have had almost no encounters with such things. Regardless, its not an easy process. It takes time and is being worked on constantly.

I would prefer content over balance patching. Content is all balanced against content, to balance now is at the cost of time later. In other words any balance now will be offset if they release another 6 gigs of content next year. And from where this game was to where it is now, I'd prefer the gigs over constantly revisiting balance to a game that changes like the surface of water in a hurricane. Even if it only restricted a gig in the name of balance, I'd take the content.

Since I am on the PS4 side of things, to the PC side, the game isn't broken on our side either. Too many people, who have no idea of life cycle software development, find one nit pick and drive it into the ground. The word beta does not change the game one bit. People need to stop whining about endgame, or nerf a frame or weapon because I died and he didn't or its not fair, he stole my kills. More people need to read the entire release notes, instead of crying about a bug that supposedly prohibits the entire game from being played and enjoyed.

I've been in I.T. and software development since the invention of the personal computer. Every single software release every generated by mankind includes new development and bug fixes. DE has brought this game a long way from inception to present day, they know what they are doing. Players need to stop treating release notes as TL;DR and actually take the time to see DE handles both ends of the spectrum quite well. 

the earlier we voice our opinions the more chances U15 will truly reflect on what community wants.

Ahahaha...no, We've been asking for a polish/fix update since U8-9.

Trust me, it's not happening any time soon, not until people stop paying, and even then; DE may be too stubborn.  This is nice and all, but U15 will not bring about what most people want: maintenance of the broken/half-assed mechanics, fixes to connectivity/latency issues, and focus on polish/revamp/removal/tweaks of things that already exist that are still without use or in need of dire attention towards.

But most importantly of all, EVOLUTION to bring a lot of frame/weapons up to speed, and going forward with the game and its core mechanics.

Adding new frame/weapons on a constant basis is fine and all, but why not go back and fix/alter what you already have inside the game, first?

We've stopped moving forward in actual development, all we're getting now is basically akin to vaporware; looks nice and pretty, but there's not a single damn substance to it. 

And any new mechanics we do get have all been left as is, because DE is too stubborn about "being right", or what was it, oh yeah: "keeping the game within the boundaries of our vision".

Well is this the game you envisioned, DE?  Because I very much doubt it.  I'm just not sure what's keeping you from just hunkering down and focus on our current situation, rather than say you listen, but spontaneously make decisions that go against the feedback or add things that no one ever asked for to begin with!

Edited by AcewingX

I believe there might be some bug fixing. the bugs created thanks to the new content is greater in quantity

I think there is an example.  Players glitching through Grineer ship in Invasion, then dying when they fall at enough depth.