The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 14: The Mad Cephalon

[DE]Rebecca

Quest System

• Warframe now has a Quest system! New User Experience 2.0 will boast Vor’s Prize as the debut quest! The technical foundation is now in game for linked missions and quests for us to create.

I think a Quest design contest might be in order.

I expect the new warframe name will be Myrage with the Y. Every female warframe with a "i" in the name have a Y instead, I thought it was a thing desired for some reason(maybe lore related).. well, I was wrong xD

Yeah, like Trynyty...

Saryn is the only one who had an I replaced with a Y.

Nyx, Valkyr and Zephyr have always had Ys.

So the update has a whole bunch of good stuff and annoying stuff

Good stuff is the colour scheme for the UI and (other than your character model getting in the way) the new screens seem better to me. The new player experience is definitely a massive improvement on the old one, was slightly miffed though that one bug they made sure wouldn't show up was the choose your first warframe page not actually giving you a new one if you already had one :)

The most annoying thing for me is the new starmap requiring so much more clicking and general effort to find the mission you want. I also really liked how you got a sense of progression in the old map by having it show you what other planets you could unlock from the current one.

It's been almost 5 hours since I started the update download and I haven't completed it.

Earlier it got stuck at "Checking for updates..." I left it for a while and it finally showed how much of the 800+MB it downloaded.

A little more later, my download went back from almost 100 down to 6MB, at the same time showing now a total of just 785MB to download.

Another few moments later, my download suddenly jumped to almost 700MB.

Now, I'm stuck at 782.3MB/785MB.

Edit: Update failed! And it's starting all over again LOL.

Oh well...

Edited by iTsMeTiTsMcGee

Just WOW on the update. Actual QUESTS n stuff, and they are pretty fun. Funny how the layered on story here still seems deeper than Titan Fall. Plus, the tweeked sound designs are great! The game sounds better than it even has before! Haven't gotten to the Kubrow and later things yet due to instabilities, but I'm very glad I chose to go through the prologue.

Hope all the crazy glitches get worked out though. But such is life in the eternal beta.