Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 14: The Mad Cephalon

[DE]Rebecca

HOLY F**KING S***. PLEASE DE NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER CHANGE MIRAGE OMG MY NEW FAV FRAME EVER FOREVER OMG AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SHE HAS LITERALLY BLOWN MY FREAKING MIND PLEASE NEVER CHANGE HER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I liked this one, was helpful but did not grant unreasonable advantages. I did not even knew it was an exploit, thought it was a movement improvement when I found it. We're "space ninjas", for god's sake :)

I can still do that.

Umm, too much pages to search for this :

- When doing the Jackal mission ot get Kubrow Howl...more often than not i found myself with 2 teams in same instance. Had to do jackal solo in order to validate the thing....

- You should consider changing the person who designs UI : it become too unintuitive and bothersome to use. Clearly not well thought out for everyday use, the only thing that is good is the appearance, but that makes it that much harder to use (i believe many players have already made their comment about it).

- The solar map is too vague. Which planet connects to which one? Why can't i see details for other missions while i have one selected? and many more impratical things that bother me.

- Are kubrows sentinels? Thought they may appear so, they are different (constant care, special mods...). So why haven't you made a special section for them everywhere (market, mods, foundry...)?

- Why do we need to start quests from the codex? It wasn't mentioned anywhere in the tutorial missions. Also it doesn't say anywhere what the next step in a quest is...espcially confusing when the next step is not doing a mission.

- When i select arsenal...i can't turn my character anymore.

- The mission complete screen doesn't show everything. If you scroll down to the max there is part of the text visible and the value of it is right below.

Too tired by this messy U14 to write more of the wrong things you've done.

"Fixed a movement exploit where you can wall run up/slide/wall run up indefinitely." - Aww hell no. I needed that because...

"Fixed an issue with Enemy AI getting stuck in spawn rooms on Corpus Defense." - THIS keeps happening in Dark Sector Defense on Phobos (I'm assuming it doesn't count as a Corpus Defense map because Infested enemies + grineer construction?). Always some pricky little turd crawler just sitting right where he spawned in that one really high up room you can't get to unless you play specific warframes with extra mobility powers.

And I LIKE Dark Sector Defense on Phobos.

Aside from that, lots of cool stuff in this update. 8/10 - would read again.
Edited by Soldatto

Contentwise: Triple A++ with Special Merit Badge

New GUI: Meh, it sucks for me, but that may be me hating console oriented layout on non-consoles...

Bugwise: D'oh... please let us wait a week longer next time and playtest this extensively....

I love what you did with the game, you are still the second best developer team i can think of, but that was a bit rushed...

yeah, also i dont think they really had a choice. This update was also rushed out of the gates because some idiot came up with doing ANOTHER hype page despite the fact that last time it was possibly the worst Major update release the Devs had to do. frankly i hope that next time someone tries to shoehorn in a hype page that someone can stop the damn thing so the update can come out at a reasonable time for all of us, devs and players alike.

With that being said, If it does somehow happen again because the lesson here still was not learned, I really hope the community will react like I did to this one: a little excitement but a healthy dose of skepticism, maybe seasoned with a little bit of dread. seriously, this happened last time yall got hyped and look, you got let down because the devs got overworked and had to release a buggy update.

now I'm not saying this was horrible, it works MUCH better then update 13 does, and i actually think the new UI is great and people are just complaining because its not what they are used to (just like last time, i might add) but this does have plenty of minor bugs, and a lot of thing are rather obtuse (Pretty much everything involving the kubrow). still you all should know by now that major updates need like 3 patches before they work well enough.

Oh look, new update, new bugs.

Gonna try to login maybe sometime next week, after you all have done good testing and fixing xD

Playing a beta. Complains that bugs exist.

I also hate getting wet when I go swimming, what the hell!?

Nice Update,

BUT:

The new Forge, i have my problems with this one. 

- I would like to see my whole ressources i have instead of what i have up to the needed ones.

- i don't see anymore how many cyphers, keys, helmets etc. i already have. So before i build something new, i have to exit or check before i acces the Forge.

-All in all to much for consoles (PS4 and XBox1) tuned......

Fixes

• Fixed a movement exploit where you can wall run up/slide/wall run up indefinitely.

NOOOOOOOOoooooooo!!!!!!!

This wasn't a bug, it was a feature!

Seriously, there are a lot of places in Orokin Voids where this was the ONLY way most frames could access certain hidden loot rooms. Especially ones with extremely super-high ceilings. I mean, I like using my Nova at times, but not every frame has mobility skills!

New UI is beyond terrible, it's the epitome of form over function.

Is anyone else getting actual headaches with this?

There needs to be a way to revert to the old UI. It was easy on the eyes.

Yes... I really hope they revert a lot of these changes or give us an option for a non-console-esque UI i.e. the original UI with roating planets that was a hell of a lot easy to navigate than the new one (and looks better too).

Your PS4 gamers might like the new UI but it's never gonna fly with PC players (sans the few idiots who think it's cool because it remindes them of Dead Space).

Edited by Jufrow

Hi DE,

Issues :

evolution engine crashes when polarizing my secondary weapon + could not set some loadouts without other crashes + mods not correctly displayed (all is shown is black except when hovering the mouse on it)

Solar system interface 2.0  is  UGLY : please, allow players to zoom in or out planets ! Doesn't fit well with 4:3 displays....

Instead, you should try to find some inspiration in Mass Effect 3.0 Normandy's galaxy's navigation system ;), her navigation and zoom capabilities are fine.

Good things :

Mirage new warframe is beautiful and cool, abilities are great, visuals and FX amazing. Didn't saw any flaw at my lvl... good job so far... Don't start to nerf down her powerful 4° ability, please !