Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Simply Swap Kubrow Dna Integrity With Loyalty

Xarteros

Bumping this.

I especially feel concerned that DE hasn't talked about Kubrows at all much. They almost seem silent about it. No Community Hot Topics either, despite being talked about with lots of support in certain ideas (like OP here).

I don't want to feel concerned like that, but I'm afraid of it receiving the Melee 2.0 treatment. Please don't make it so.

Players have been given a new mini-game, with a very specific set of rules to play it. If you are unable to play it, then don't play it.

I have mates with new accounts that managed to get free Reactor and Catalyst BP's from alerts and know fully well they have absolutely no way to go on missions that contain required materials to make those things.

It's catch 22: They would be probably able to run those missions with the extra mod points from those, and yet can't, as they can't install them. Are they being punished also? No, It's a game mechanic, you deal with it.

Kubrows are a new game mechanic. Deal with it, and stop coming up with "this is a better idea because I personally would be able to manage it" threads. If DE wants to make it easier to own them they will come up with their own ideas.

Edited by DSpite

Bumping this.

I especially feel concerned that DE hasn't talked about Kubrows at all much. They almost seem silent about it. No Community Hot Topics either, despite being talked about with lots of support in certain ideas (like OP here).

I don't want to feel concerned like that, but I'm afraid of it receiving the Melee 2.0 treatment. Please don't make it so.

What is there to comment on?

If you make the whole process of managing a Kubrow totally trivial, then there would be no point in having that anyway. It was designed to be something players need to work for, and judging by the complaints of people that don't play often, it's totally working as intended.

Players have been given a new mini-game, with a very specific set of rules to play it. If you are unable to play it, then don't play it.

I have mates with new accounts that managed to get free Reactor and Catalyst BP's from alerts and know fully well they have absolutely no way to go on missions that contain required materials to make those things.

It's catch 22: They would be probably able to run those missions with the extra mod points from those, and yet can't, as they can't install them. Are they being punished also? No, It's a game mechanic, you deal with it.

Kubrows are a new game mechanic. Deal with it, and stop coming up with "this is a better idea because I personally would be able to manage it" threads. If DE wants to make it easier to own them they will come up with their own ideas.

What is there to comment on?

If you make the whole process of managing a Kubrow totally trivial, then there would be no point in having that anyway. It was designed to be something players need to work for, and judging by the complaints of people that don't play often, it's totally working as intended.

I made some slightly different suggestions here: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/277376-kubrow-dna-integrity-and-loyalty-fixes/

As I've said in both threads, I don't want them to be easy to manage, since they are quite powerful. I still think you should need DNA Stabilizers, but I think it's much more logical that their DNA integrity be reduced by dying, not just by time passing.

Currently, the system is fine MECHANICALLY, you can just keep your kubrow in stasis, and 6-packs are 100k which is a decent sum but not too hard to get, for 6X40% restorers. The issue I have is the LOGIC, and in my other thread I actually proposed losing DNA integrity from 'rushing' a Kubrow out of stasis, preferably instead of costing platinum (they will definitely be getting enough from cosmetics when they come out for Kubrow). This provides more reason to need DNA stabilizers, and it actually makes rushing them viable, even if it reduces their health by 40-60% (or maybe based on how long they had left on their stasis timer)

Coming in here without reading the intention just to post "Deal with it" isn't helpful in the slightest. This is an idea for DE. If they like the idea and choose to use it, that's their call, not yours. If they see the idea and hate it, that's ALSO their call, not yours.

Edited by Xarteros

• 3 months later...

Better idea to turn into loyality the dna stability. Have some reason I'll share mine.

First you should go for hunt and slain poor kubrows and their dens to get eggs. The rng of course reduce the chance to find one and makes harder the procedure.

Second is when you domesticate these pets from a stabile dna pool you make a genetic garbage which needs always chemos to keep alive. 

Third you pay so much for those chemos and it's contain 6 unit with that price which mean for a lower level player a lot of runs and just add 40% hp to the pet. 

Overall:  You pay a lot for a genetic garbage which need a lot of time to care and you pushed/punished to grind more if you want to keep them alive which kill the fun. The reality factor is nice idea in games is sometimes teribble because you just want to go and have fun with friends or solo and you are forced to do that quest what could be optional "unless you like to hear Lotus" all the time.

Edited by Serafinia

1) increase degradation

2) remove the death part, your Kubrow, once it hits 0, simply can't be used in combat.

#fixed

Well, the degradation isn't really an issue now, but I still think it makes more sense to swap loyalty with degradation. if EITHER hit 0, it should be unusable. 0 Integrity means it reverts to being feral and needs another treatment to suppress the Feral genes and revive the dormant genes, and 0 Loyalty obviously means the Kubrow refuses to fight for you.

But as i've said, if ANYTHING changes, at bare minimum it needs to be the ability for Kubrow to die permanently at all. screw losing a potato and forma forever just because an emergency came up and you didn't have an opportunity to put your kubrow back in the freezer for a few weeks.