The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Infested Are Just Goddamn Ridiculous Now

Xianyu

I havent seen a single other Tenno in this thread, complain about the 24/7 constant disruptions annoyance??

am i seriously missing something regarding disruption, or dosent anybody use melee only, when fighting infested anymore???

Jumping with melee into a horde of high level infested has always been a terrible idea.

Jumping with melee into a horde of high level infested has always been a terrible idea.

Really?

"Looks around team members who used melee only and require constant reviving."

I think you may be right.

I agree its allot harder than just using guns, but since they implemented melee 2.0.

shouldent it be a viable gameplay mechanic to be used against the enemies on all levels and not just on the regular starchart planets?

My point being, if players want to go melee only, it should atleast be possible to do so.

i know the disruption mechanic, (atleast in theory) should have been nerfed as of one of the latest hotfixes,

where it was stated that disruptors now dosent take ALL of your energy instantly, but should only take some,..

but it dosent work as intendet, i still get all my energy taken when disrupted..

Edited by D3ST

I agree its allot harder than just using guns, but since they implemented melee 2.0.

shouldent it be a viable gameplay mechanic to be used against the enemies on all levels and not just on the regular starchart planets?

My point being, if players want to go melee only, it should atleast be possible to do so.

Well it is possible...it's just a terrible idea. Melee-only has no place in team play or high level content.

Yes, but the current expanding number of enemies that has shield-bypassing damage (Mutalist Ospreys, Toxic Ancients [and enemies within the Toxic Ancient's aura], Infested MOA goo spit, Juggernaut's shield by-passing rain) would probably make Melee 2.0 quite a bit unviable against the Infested. 

Edited by Renegade343

Yes, but the current expanding number of enemies that has shield-bypassing damage (Mutalist Ospreys, Toxic Ancients [and enemies within the Toxic Ancient's aura], Infested MOA goo spit, Juggernaut's shield by-passing rain) would probably make Melee 2.0 quite a bit unviable against the Infested. 

I agree, but in my optics, they should then not implement shield bypassing damage,

So,.. they make a new melee system in the game, and then they make  the only faction, that begs to be melee handled, impossible to melee?

"Juggernauts"

Is this the new infected units, and where did ya get your info from plz?

Edited by D3ST

"Juggernaut's shield by-passing rain"

Umm wut??

Is this the new infected unit? and where did you get this info from?

From one of the Devstreams (#30 if I remember correctly), where the developers showed off the new Infested enemies. One of which is the Juggernaut, and one of its attacks is a shield-bypassing poison rain. 

Get Ash, use rage, use life strike on half decent melee weapon, make bladestorm cost 25 power, bladestorm all the things

he's my go-to guy for soloing pretty much anything

So basically press4towin,.. no thx.

From one of the Devstreams (#30 if I remember correctly), where the developers showed off the new Infested enemies. One of which is the Juggernaut, and one of its attacks is a shield-bypassing poison rain. 

Oh, ok must have missed that one, thx

Get Ash, use rage, use life strike on half decent melee weapon, make bladestorm cost 25 power, bladestorm all the things

he's my go-to guy for soloing pretty much anything

Get Rhino, use it 24/7/365, get sick, drop the game.

Well it is possible...it's just a terrible idea. Melee-only has no place in team play or high level content.

This is not completely true. It's just that most warframe players suck at melee play. (mobility and positioning mostly)

• 3 weeks later...

The infested need a rebalance. If anything the spawn rates of ancients should be reduced and not be the same as preU14 for endless missions, esp. defense. Before they were another medium melee unit, now they are Heavy support units, all with auras that stack, still keep old abilities of disrupt/healing pulses/charging, have a pull, and spawn the same as a medium unit. If these mechanics were in any other faction, there would be riots.