Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update Irony

Llyssa

I'm wondering if anyone else finds the new system breaks "immersion".

To me, it used to feel like you were "part" of it, with the command center and the solar system and your frame patiently waiting.

Now it feels more like a game... this is your character, this is your character doing X, this is your character doing Y.

Sort of like Mario. Nobody identifies as Mario, he's the character you're controlling. He's in lots of games. Nobody ever "feels" like they're Mario.

The same here, now... you don't "feel" like you're the tenno anymore.The tenno is a character you're controlling.

It's a strange notion, but it was one of my weirdest personal takeaways from this change, which, ironically, was supposed to increase "immersion", rather than making you feel irrelevant to it.

I don't really have an issue with the new UI being more or less immersive....right up until I have to move the screen a bit to see the mod cards behind my frame or actually click on a mod card @ the bottom of the list to see all the details or how many I have.  Then it can suck

I don't have to move to "see around myself" in real life, having that issue ingame even for a short time was just kinda sloppy.

Correction, your warframe is the character, YOU ARE THE TENNO (SKUM!) THAT MELDS IT

Considering there is at least a small fraction of lore that has been established via quests, that warframes are merely conduits (when vor says ": you ARE the energy, and your framnes are the glass that shapes them" or something along those lines) and that the Grineer scanner frequently shows Tenno being paid close attention to, I would be inclined to say I disagree bruh.

Okay, so a lot of really weird responses.

The one I find most bizarre is that somehow, secretly listening to your enemies as you plan your next move to annihilate them makes you feel "hunted".

I also find the idea that "actually being a third person makes me feel like less of a third person" totally bizarre, but that seems to be a big consensus. o.0

We all get immersed in different ways. Like with the occulus rift - some people lose themselves in it and other people get seasick because their physical movement and position senses disagree with what they're seeing. We all need something different.

yourw in control of your character at all times  this made it feel more real. the short scene after the mission then boom youre back in the ship. also... you said now it feels like youre in game the whole time... wouldnt that be immersion? too feel like youe in it the whole time rather than staring at buttons. 

perhaps if the ship was a little larger inside and the menu more available and seemless it would help you feel less detached from your frame 

I am much much more immersed . I actually feel like I am a part of the universe now, as in I exist within it.

Would be cool to see your party members ships in the same area as yours while you are idle in space. Would also be cool if regional chat was focused more on which planets you were currently orbiting.

If immersion is where they are looking to take this game, I couldn't be happier.

I would feel so much more immersed if the Grineer Radio actually has a DJ that also read his fan letters.

"And this one come from Sargas Ruk. Today, he wants to share with us his love for the grineer, let's see what he wrote to us!

'Tenno Skoom. Corpus Suck. Grineer master race'

What an honorable man Sargas Ruk. Well, back to the music"

-My little po-

You guys realize that tenno means "Heavenly Emperor" so the whole floating in space thing wasn't really crazy since we are sentient being of energy. I enjoy the flashiness of the new UI, but its more of a one step forwards two steps backwards. Cause now it is just horrendously formatted. From not being able to see all the levels of a planet in navigation, to having run around the ship to access menus.

The way I see it, is that it's the field of view that changed, not our point of view. It adds to the immersion by placing you in your own ship, being able to see enemy ships and the planets. Giving you a more personal experience without making you fill in the blanks in your own mind about where you are, because it isn't immersion if you are imagining it.

There was never any immersion to begin with.  Enemies ragdoll when you hit them with certain weapons and violently shake if you attack them with a boltor.  Your warframe would have trouble deciding between running up a wall and running around it.  The enemies all say the same thing over and over again.  The Lotus says the same thing over and over again.  People would color their warframes with bright pink and puke green colors and slide dash everything.  Speaking of which, sliding along the ground is faster than running.  Enemies run around in circles even if they haven't seen you yet.  Stealth attacks make them cry out in pain but no one else hears them, even if they're 5 feet away from you.  This game's about as immersive as a 2 inch deep puddle.