Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Refund For The Scramblers?

Harazard

I was one of the 501 and had spent 50p on that kubrow that DE glitched away from me when my mission froze... I then spent 200+ on three new kubrows. If they add the colors and patterns as closeable palettes I either want my platinum back or whatever palettes they add given to me for not being informed prior I was throwing my money out an open window.

No, you should not. Nobody should.

The scramblers specifically said random. You got what you paid for and just because they removed it and may not bring it back does not entitle you or anyone to a refund.

It is the same as saying you bought the Daedalus armor and then wanted a refund when the Edo came out.

The scramblers specifically said random. You got what you paid for and just because they removed it and may not bring it back does not entitle you or anyone to a refund.

It is the same as saying you bought the Daedalus armor and then wanted a refund when the Edo came out.

That's a bad analogy, because Edo armor fundamentally performs and works the same way as Daedalus. 

If they remove the old, inefficient system (that I spent 2000ish plat on for nothing on one 'bro) and replace it with a system that's a sure shot in 50 plat (in other words, universally more efficient), then people are entitled to a refund because the new system would have been far more fair to those players.

What's more, the plat's already been paid for and DE cranks out content like mad - it's not like refunding them "store credit" will mean they'll lose any money, both short and long term. It's both the reasonable and right thing to do.

Sorry it rustles your jimmies so much.

Edited by Seox

I was one of the 501 and had spent 50p on that kubrow that DE glitched away from me when my mission froze... I then spent 200+ on three new kubrows. If they add the colors and patterns as closeable palettes I either want my platinum back or whatever palettes they add given to me for not being informed prior I was throwing my money out an open window.

you knew what the scrambler would do, due to the description. You definately knew what it would do after spending 10p to test it.

You, and you alone choosed to do it it again and again, despite knowing what it would do.

You obviously concluded that spending that much platinum was worth it.

That's a bad analogy, because Edo armor fundamentally performs and works the same way as Daedalus. 

If they remove the old, inefficient system (that I spent 2000ish plat on for nothing on one 'bro) and replace it with a system that's a sure shot in 50 plat (in other words, universally more efficient), then people are entitled to a refund because the new system would have been far more fair to those players.

What's more, the plat's already been paid for and DE cranks out content like mad - it's not like refunding them "store credit" will mean they'll lose any money, both short and long term. It's both the reasonable and right thing to do.

Sorry it rustles your jimmies so much.

The point is that a service was paid for that clearly said what it did. Just because it can be changed and improved doesn't mean people should get a refund for partaking in it prior to any improvements.

Everyone arguing against this refund just doesn't get it. They might as well be using the Chewbacca defense from South Park to explain there point. If DE does add color palettes for say 75p that have all the kubrow patterns one could want, people who got screwed out of randomizing for there desired patterns deserve some sort of recompense. 

"Cochran - ...ladies and gentlemen of this supposed jury, I have one final thing I want you to consider. Ladies and gentlemen, this is Chewbacca. Chewbacca is a Wookiee from the planet Kashyyyk. But Chewbacca lives on the planet Endor. Now think about it; that does not make sense!

Gerald Broflovski  - Damn it!... He's using the Chewbacca defense!

Cochran - Why would a Wookiee, an eight-foot tall Wookiee, want to live on Endor, with a bunch of two-foot tall Ewoks? That does not make sense! But more important, you have to ask yourself: What does this have to do with this case? Nothing. Ladies and gentlemen, it has nothing to do with this case! It does not make sense! Look at me. I'm a lawyer defending a major record company, and I'm talkin' about Chewbacca! Does that make sense? Ladies and gentlemen, I am not making any sense! None of this makes sense! And so you have to remember, when you're in that jury room deliberatin' and conjugatin' the Emancipation Proclamation, does it make sense? No! Ladies and gentlemen of this supposed jury, it does not make sense! If Chewbacca lives on Endor, you must acquit! The defense rests."

Edited by Sedant

Everyone arguing against this refund just doesn't get it. They might as well be using the Chewbacca defense from South Park to explain there point. If DE does add color palettes for say 75p that have all the kubrow patterns one could want, people who got screwed out of randomizing for there desired patterns deserve some sort of recompense. 

I would have to agree. Although I think we should wait until DE states what will be replacing the scramblers.

I would have to agree. Although I think we should wait until DE states what will be replacing the scramblers.

I do agree, everything is up in the air, but clearly had people arguing against this case been the ones getting cheated there arguments would change pretty damn quickly. I personally think the system was fine. It made rarer fur patterns just that, giving people traits on kubrows that they could sell on the open market, albeit only 2 copies. Leave it to all the kids to whine about things in this community.

Edited by Sedant

I do agree, everything is up in the air, but clearly had people arguing against this case been the ones getting cheated there arguments would change pretty damn quickly.

I have a feeling that the people against the idea were probably the same people that could see the scrambler for what it was without ever having to waste money on it.

I, too, find it difficult to sympathize with gamblers.

I don't get what people are arguing for refunds are about. I get it, you spent over 2000p to make your kubrow perfect. The system was working when it was in, why should people get refunds? you shouldn't get a refund just because something was discontinued, it makes no sense. You paid for random, and just because it was removed from the game doesn't entitle you to a refund. 

I do agree, everything is up in the air, but clearly had people arguing against this case been the ones getting cheated there arguments would change pretty damn quickly.

How was people cheated?

They knew what a scrambler was, and using logic, knew that it would "scramble" the kubrow's pattern and colour.

You got the same looking kubrow? Well, that's what gambling is.

You throw a dice and sometimes gets the same number on the dice several times after eachothers.

But regardless. How was people cheated? Did not the scrambler perform as advertised?

Aunt Edit: it's like buying an Iphone, and then they stop selling your model and starts selling a new model.

Should you then get a refund because you bought an iphone they no longer produce?

Edited by Dedjal

You're using the Chewbacca defense.  You want a refund for something you knew was going to give you a random result?  That does not make sense.

I was one of the 501 and I've paid quite a bit of plat into randomizing my pet, but I don't want a refund.  Why?  Because I knew it would be randomized when I clicked that button.  I knew the result I got might not be to my liking, and when I found something I did like I had to choose between risking losing it or a small chance to get something better.  Everyone who used the scrambler did the same thing.  Was it buggy?  Probably.  White seems to be the common color and pretty dull.  But does that make it any more justified to ask for our money back?  No.

With the 501, that was due to a horrible, horrible bug that we didn't know about.  Had we known that we could lose our pet just by doing the quest we would've all waited until there was a fix.  Asking for a refund then, when our loss was through no fault of our own, is to be expected.  But to ask for a refund through a choice you actively made and knew would give you random results ahead of time?  You might as well ask for a refund for all the warframes and weapons you bought but found to be useless.

As much as I'd like a full refund on the plat I used for scrambling, it'll probably never happen. However, when a better system for patterns and colors are added, whatever it may be, we should get something, whether it's palettes for patterns or colors, or just credit for a "better" scrambler.

Well if you use the randomizer three times in a row and still get the default skin, I think you deserve a refund for a cheated system. That's what people are saying, not "Oh this came out so I want that instead"

Do you guys think we should get one?I am Personally angry on spending 10plat(call me cheap but i rarely get platinum) to change the look of my kubrow and when i find that the 10p i spent have done literally nothing.

I used over 2000 plats on this, think about that :)

Well if you use the randomizer three times in a row and still get the default skin, I think you deserve a refund for a cheated system. That's what people are saying, not "Oh this came out so I want that instead"

I killed Lephantis three times and didn't get an Eleventh Storm, can I get a refund for the keys? I spent resources on them and farmed for the Nav's knowing that I'm not guaranteed to get the mod but I feel cheated in not getting what I went there for. /sarcasm

If RNG decided that you got the same skin several times in a row then that is what RNG decided to do. The system isn't cheated it's just random.

Spent 500 plat. Would not have done so if i knew it was going away. Also would not have done so if i knew that the "pallete" contained what....7 colours and 5 fur patterns...

Half the plat went to unscrewing the bad combinations, some colour combinations should never ever be possible(ugly pink, ice blue and orange)

I killed Lephantis three times and didn't get an Eleventh Storm, can I get a refund for the keys? I spent resources on them and farmed for the Nav's knowing that I'm not guaranteed to get the mod but I feel cheated in not getting what I went there for. /sarcasm

If RNG decided that you got the same skin several times in a row then that is what RNG decided to do. The system isn't cheated it's just random.

I was told I'd be getting a random skin not the same skin I already had.

They had nothing in there preventing players from getting one they already had.

This is real money we're talking about.

You know what I'm going to go contact support and come back with exactly what they tell me.