Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remove Ordis

BemoGuinness

Ordis is nice addition and his lines are entertaining, but like any other chat-head with a non-infinite number of lines, he will get annoying after a while.  And since he's in the player's ship, the player has to listen to him quite frequently.  Neither removing Ordis nor setting all VO audio to 0 is the solution.  Adding an option to turn Ordis on and off is.  (Maybe it could a button in the player's ship, and when you press it Ordis goes "nooooo!" and goes silent.)  :)

an option to turn off it ordis would be nice. it just reminds me of a parent asking you how your day at school was everyday. gets annoying after awhile

This. Personally I can't stand ordis. Just give me an option to shut him off already. 'Quirky' AI characters wear thin quickly.

I also want to remove ordis so badly. its just one annoying comment after another for me. and I know about muting the transmissions volume and lucky that worked for me as after the 100th time of lotus saying something like "there's a large security incoming... its the grineer!" or any other line I could not stand her anymore either.

same with ordis and his pop ups. even with the volume off I hear the annoying pop up sound as well as him possibly blocking stuff I want to click on like the foundry or missions. 

I also feel a little bit taunted by him when he says he's a shame or something and that I should dismantle him only to not be able to do so.

in fact I remember very clearly one time I glitched my grataka inside my ship. I tried hunting down ordis so much and I wish I could have.

lastly one thing I would like even more then just getting rid of ordis is getting rid of lotus as well. no more people or A.I's telling me what to do' only me my faithful quiet little sentinel and my pet kubrow beside me as we track across the stars...

I also want to remove ordis so badly. its just one annoying comment after another for me. and I know about muting the transmissions volume and lucky that worked for me as after the 100th time of lotus saying something like "there's a large security incoming... its the grineer!" or any other line I could not stand her anymore either.

same with ordis and his pop ups. even with the volume off I hear the annoying pop up sound as well as him possibly blocking stuff I want to click on like the foundry or missions. 

I also feel a little bit taunted by him when he says he's a shame or something and that I should dismantle him only to not be able to do so.

in fact I remember very clearly one time I glitched my grataka inside my ship. I tried hunting down ordis so much and I wish I could have.

lastly one thing I would like even more then just getting rid of ordis is getting rid of lotus as well. no more people or A.I's telling me what to do' only me my faithful quiet little sentinel and my pet kubrow beside me as we track across the stars...

Why getting rid of Lotus? She's very useful in any mission by telling us that there is a huge wave of enemies incoming or in survival when someone activated the life support etc.

Ordis is annoying because he keep repeating same thing after a while. It is fun hearing him sometimes but not allthe time :)

Please remove Ordis. He isn't funny....... he is very annoying! I would pay plat to have him removed from my ship!

Please Remove ^  from the game, he isnt funny hes very annoying! I would pay plat to have him removed from my game!

Edited by DarthRevan84

• 1 month later...

Well i think DE can consider introducing various of new voice of the ship, the ideas from that EXVS or EXVS MB gundam franchise of arcade. 

Like the new operators who will talk to the players in their own ship and players have the options to choose if they want others operators. 

Ordis needs to serve a purpose or have a "only alert me when its necessary" option. He does little for me and what he does is only so useful. I appreciate being told things like my blueprints are done. I do not enjoy getting the same lines again and again. His humor wears thin quickly.

The lotus has its priorities better than ordis. I wish I could check off things to alert me about.

[X] Kubrow health

[X]Blueprints

And thats it because thats the only thing that goes on in the ship.

There is a volume for Odis if you don't like hearing him in the Options-Audio menu.

This is not enough. His pop ups at times disturb existing UI elements. And he is distracting.

• 3 weeks later...

I cannot fathom the irrationality of some of the responses in this thread.

Of course there should be an option to turn Ordis off - everything and not just the voice - so that those who aren't interested do not have to be bothered by him. For those of you who like Ordis, i'm happy for you, really, but i wish i could say the same to those who don't, seeing as they have no choice but to recieve unwanted messages from him.

New voices (or rather, 'cameos') such as HAL 9000, GLaDoS and EDI is a brilliant idea and should be considered by the developers, although i suppose there could be potential copyright infringements and the like. Again, players should have control over whether or not to recieve messages from these AI's at all.