The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why All The Hate On Ordis?

BluberryKnoob

making new threads on old subjects, ho hum.

i guess we'll answer the question for you instead of you using the search function.

'everyone' dislikes characters when they never, ever, ever stop talking. Ordis partially fits this, he.... likes talking a lot.

sometimes he adds more atmosphere to a quest or whatnot, but other times, it's the same lines i've heard dozens of times, so he's just yapping in my ear again.

"Operator? Ordis wonders... what are you thinking about?"

"Thanks for asking, Ordis. Right now I'm thinking about HOW TO WREST YOU OUT OF MY SHIP AFTER YOU ASKS ME THIS FOR 1000th TIME!!!!"

In a nutshell, he is highly annoying. And that voice... if DE tried to make it Wheatley-style, then they're failed miserably.

Not exactly the Jar Jar-class abyss, but close.

DE, can we just have an on-off switch for it?

Edited by Khranitel

I don't doubt they are planning to diversify his dialogue more with future updates. He's a bit repetitive now, but not nearly as much as... some... characters...

Hint: "It's the Grineer."

No, it's the Corpus. Definitely the Corpus.

-Darvo 2013

If he wouldnt talk to me every 10 seconds and immediatly after every mission i maybe wouldnt hate him that much. but since those 'Howl of the kubrow' days when he had to repeat the same 3 quotes after every. god. damn. mission i hate him

I think the primary reason everyone hates him is that until now, Warframe's been pretty quiet. When you were doing foundry stuff and modding or just sitting in chats, there was only a low space-y hum. Now, we have the Kubrows snorting, Ordis bothering us with inane banter, and Lotus popping up to declare there's a new alert. It's like living by yourself for a long time, and now you're in a house full of roommates.
Noisy roommates.