Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kubrows Can Die Permanently

FuryEnder

Question

If you use DNA stabilizers and just go ask for a long time, the kubrows can and will die. Here:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/2b9xhc/will_the_kubrow_die_in_incubator_if_afk/cj3bjrj

Read the first comment, it shows a line from Lotus telling you your pet has died due to a breakdown in its DNA sequence. So yes, that is one way of getting rid of your kubrow. Starve it to death like the heartless killers you are.

Happy Update 14!

I just realized how this basically equates to DE killing your dogs and taking away Orokin Reactors should you not log into their game for a extended period of time.

"Play our game or so help us we will kill your dog and take your potatoes."

Edited by DalaiLlama

I just realized how this basically equates to DE killing your dogs and taking away Orokin Reactors should you not log into their game for a extended period of time.

"Play our game or so help us we will kill your dog and take your potatoes."

I saw this the moment someone said that Kubrows expire.

And keep in mind that some process of quitting for extended periods of time is not a spontaneous decision. It's just a matter of one day you seeing that Warframe logo and just saying "ah, can't be asked to log in today." If this pattern repeats for several times you're not only finally free as DE will kill your dog by then. It's even worse if you stopped playing because you were leaving and hoping when you came back you'd have a mature Kubrow to play.

Edited by ReiganCross

Oh Great,....

so the gameplay element i just spend a whole lot of plat to Buy/rush/build/potato/x3 forma...

can simply die, and i loose all that time and plat,..Thats a well thought out Plat sink, right there..

Good Job PW.

Oh Great,....

so the gameplay element i just spend a whole lot of plat to Buy/rush/build/potato/x3 forma...

can simply die, and i loose all that time and plat,..Thats a well thought out Plat sink, right there..

Good Job PW.

Love how you attributed Perfect World to that there.  As much as the nagging voice in me tells me otherwise, experience in PWO makes your reference seem all the more relevant.

Maybe I shouldn't get a Kubrow.  Not only might I become attached to it, but if I don't use it, it'll die, even when the times comes when I leave Warframe for a while.

Just put it into the stasis. You can take a break in the game as long as you want and your Kubrow will be fine due to stasis. Unless you forget to put him/ her into stasis, then you'll be given a nasty surprise. :P

-facepalm-

You people are to lazy to run 5 missions.... are you serious... you are To lazy to run 5 mission on Sechuras... then you only have to do it every 6 weeks....

You people disgust me, the fact that your complaining over a system that is sooo easy to use, and even if you don't want to use it you don't have to. (stasis)

if you can't take care of your kubrow then don't get one. -.-

Please just don't get one, i hate seeing threads where its just complete lazieness, not legit feedback, just complaining because you are to lazy to DO SOMETHING! X.x

Edit: now that i read more i am even more disgusted... You are talking about how its the DE plan to make money? A BUISNESS MAKING MONEY HOW UNIMAGINABLE! O_O

Also things take time, this game is huge and takes time to develop for.

PVP is getting fixed (darksectors duuuuu)

TBH i would forgot those status mods exist

MR system takes time. (maybe a month of time)

People complain that weapons with Low mastery rank are to OP, I bet if they increased that rank, then people would complain about not being able to get the top teir weapons early, and how its unfair to newbies. THERE IS NO PLEASING YOU PEOPLE. -.-

Edited by Feallike

-facepalm-

You people are to lazy to run 5 missions.... are you serious... you are To lazy to run 5 mission on Sechuras... then you only have to do it every 6 weeks....

You people disgust me, the fact that your complaining over a system that is sooo easy to use, and even if you don't want to use it you don't have to. (stasis)

Please just don't get one, i hate seeing threads where its just complete lazieness, not legit feedback, just complaining because you are to lazy to DO SOMETHING! X.x

Edit: now that i read more i am even more disgusted... You are talking about how its the DE plan to make money? A BUISNESS MAKING MONEY HOW UNIMAGINABLE! O_O

People complain that weapons with Low mastery rank are to OP, I bet if they increased that rank, then people would complain about not being able to get the top teir weapons early, and how its unfair to newbies. THERE IS NO PLEASING YOU PEOPLE. -.-

OK, now go to a new player and tell him this...You to know the ones that have not unlocked everything...And have tons of things to poor money into.

So much for introducing pets to new players.

I feel terrible for even contemplating starving a Kubrow, just for the stasis slot.  Volunteering at a pet shelter, I know what a starved animal looks like.

DE, please give us another option!  This is just nightmare fuel. 

-Snip because I got a headache from this-

Ok, if you actually read what I said, you would've realized exactly why it's a bad idea.

What if a tornado knocks away my house?  What if I get mugged or robbed?  What if I lose my internet?  What if one of my computer parts gets fried?  Please, explain to me why I should lose my Kubrow, which I'm supposed to care about and raise.

What if a tornado knocks away my house?  What if I get mugged or robbed?  What if I lose my internet?  What if one of my computer parts gets fried?  Please, explain to me why I should lose my Kubrow, which I'm supposed to care about and raise.

Shall we start to calculate percentages of any of that happening for fun?

-facepalm-

What if my video card gets fried and I don't have the money on hand to buy a new one?  Took me two weeks to get the cheap one I do have.  The main compliant is that the Kubrow system isn't forgiving towards real life incidents.  

Edited by Noamuth

What if my video card gets fried and I don't have the money on hand to buy a new one?  Took me two weeks to get the cheap one I do have.  The main compliant is that the Kubrow system isn't forgivable for real life incidents.

What about Loyalty decreases instead? 

At least players can pet them to regain Loyalty, and allow DE(L) to create something akin to Kubrow Food (give to Kubrow to further regain Loyalty [and maybe some mass]) for a more palatable credit sink. 

"just put kubrow into stasis"

not always possible, hardware component on PC could die, internet could go down due to natural or unnatural disasters, medical emergency which i recently had that puts you in the hospital for an extended period of time. what? i'm supposed to log into a damn game to save a virtual pet while the ambulance waits or before even calling one?

the whole purpose of the kubrows decay is to force log in's, and an attempt to force spending, cause hey, if you can't put the kubrow into stasis because of unforeseen circumstances you lose everything you put into it. bad idea is a bad idea. dressing it up, ignoring factors that make it a bad idea, sticking your head in the sand doesn't change the fact.

"if you don't like it don't get a kubrow" ie: shut up if you don't like it.

soo...ignore content that could be good if it was implemented better, or don't voice concerns with it's implementation.

guess what? feedback, understand that concept? we'd still have those stupid broken lights if no one had provided feedback, frames like nova, trinity, mirage, etc would never have been modified. no kubrows, no ships, no new UI, no new missions., bosses not fixed, etc, etc, etc.

fanbois are the WORST thing that happens to mmo's. 'don't say bad things about the game we like, it's perfect' until you get fed up and leave without saying a word. yeah, seen it happen in mmo after mmo. you try to stifle any criticisms, then one day you just vanish. spent so much time claiming everything is perfect you can't even post what you don't like so you just leave.

they aren't real, how can you have an emotional attachment to something that doesn't exist? consider letting kubrows starve as any form of cruelty? if you feel that way about cruelty towards animals, why don't you feel that way about real animals and volunteer at a animal shelter like noamuth? even though his/her misplaced sense of what is real and what is virtual needs some work.

feral kubrows do just fine, which is the final stupidity in this implementation. somehow the ones we hatch just can't survive for some reason. even in a protected environment they'll wither and die unless you throw them in stasis or pay attention to them every day...sounds like trolls, they require attention to or they just vanish....funny coincidence there.

Shall we start to calculate percentages of any of that happening for fun?

Yes, because that's totally a good argument.  There's someone in this very topic who posted about how they lost a motherboard.

Please explain, instead of trying to make a strawman argument, how this system of Kubrows dying adds more depth to the Kubrows, makes the game more fun, or entices me to spend actual money on the game.  Because, knowing this now, I have absolutely 0 interest in spending money on Kubrows.

Edit:I just wanted to note that there are two more people who posted about having computer or health issues, and I myself have lost a computer in the past.  So, how about them probabilities, huh?

Edited by UFOLoche

DNA integrity and Loyalty need to be switched.

The Tenno must have some seriously crappy technology if they can't properly stabilize a clone's DNA.  And then, the clone we made loses loyalty to us.  ***** I bred you to fight for me, it should be in your DNA to fight for me.  The fact that it can lose loyalty to it's creators is something I don't quite understand, especially if it dies by running into a laser and such. 

Yes, because that's totally a good argument.  There's someone in this very topic who posted about how they lost a motherboard.

Please explain, instead of trying to make a strawman argument, how this system of Kubrows dying adds more depth to the Kubrows, makes the game more fun, or entices me to spend actual money on the game.  Because, knowing this now, I have absolutely 0 interest in spending money on Kubrows.

For god's sake, that was just harmless poking around to lighten the mood. Cheer up a bit. 

In fact, I do not like it as well, and I did wrote down a solution for it, if you are interested. 

What about Loyalty decreases instead? 

At least players can pet them to regain Loyalty, and allow DE(L) to create something akin to Kubrow Food (give to Kubrow to further regain Loyalty [and maybe some mass]) for a more palatable credit sink. 

Interesting.  Or maybe if you haven't logged in for more than 6 days, Ordis drops the dog into stasis until you log in again, and then you have to spend a little extra time/credit to get it back out?  Or even a side quest?

Interesting.  Or maybe if you haven't logged in for more than 6 days, Ordis drops the dog into stasis until you log in again, and then you have to spend a little extra time/credit to get it back out?  Or even a side quest?

Side quest for getting the dog out in stasis? 

I think that is not too good an idea. No offence, but I cannot see how would it make Kubrows more fun to play around. 

For god's sake, that was just harmless poking around to lighten the mood. Cheer up a bit. 

In fact, I do not like it as well, and I did wrote down a solution for it, if you are interested. 

Y'posted that after your reply towards me.  I'm pretty happy myself, considering I like to point out logical fallacies.

Furthermore, I'm terribly sorry that I can't read sarcasm on the internet(Keep in mind there are people who seriously think this), I'll go ahead and get my detector right now.

Edited by UFOLoche