Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Seriously Do Something About Solar System

Starender

Yo

the solar system looks like bowling balls, we have 0 distance and size between them so it's really hard to know where are we and where we need to go.

680x382x1-20140724120733!phpvkFkwc.png

the only planet i recognize instantly is the earth, and it's because i live on it :p

another thing, now the mission selection is like this

jSJwnRV.jpgcome on guys, can you replace it with something like that shows use clearly the location of the mission on the planet.

this is my biggest problem with warframe.

I actually like the spinny bowling balls, it's much faster than the old one it seems.

That node select screen is what's killing me though. Personally I want them to switch the node select screen back to the old system of interconnected points, not loosely arranged boxes. 

I don't have any problem with this new type but the old one was better a bit but wasn't too accurate. This new type is just remembered me the win8 table design.

i would like it better if they meshed together the nodes with the current solar map....somehow mapping the nodes to various planetary locations or off planet asteroids, moons, etc.

though that would make it even more complicated....but the current star system doesnt make much sense to me in terms of just a bunch of bent rectangles x_X

The new solar system is fast and 'pretty', but it's harder to navigate. Like, you have to enter each planet to know what resources it got. Or spin the whole planet to see all the sectors.

I hope DE will find some compromise that will get to be both fast and informative.

I would like different sizes that helps recognizing them faster because we all know jupiter for example is huge, and pluto is quite small, etc etc, also it looks SO bad that the character sits in the middle of them... "dude! you are giving your back to half the solar system! get out of the middle! look at the big picture!" thats what i always feel like shouting to my character...

The new solar system is fast and 'pretty', but it's harder to navigate. Like, you have to enter each planet to know what resources it got. Or spin the whole planet to see all the sectors.

I hope DE will find some compromise that will get to be both fast and informative.

I believe [DE]Pablo posted about a plan to add persistent planet names and drops available on mouse-over. 

I found i learnt their positions faster with this one. Where as the last one I had to locate each planet every time I wanted to go there

very good points here

Transperency when mousing over nodes on the far side of the planet?

Yo

the solar system looks like bowling balls, we have 0 distance and size between them so it's really hard to know where are we and where we need to go.

680x382x1-20140724120733!phpvkFkwc.png

the only planet i recognize instantly is the earth, and it's because i live on it :p

another thing, now the mission selection is like this

jSJwnRV.jpgcome on guys, can you replace it with something like that shows use clearly the location of the mission on the planet.

this is my biggest problem with warframe.

Because those bowling balls will probably move Left<>Right very nicely using a PS4 controller, also the new node system will again probably rotate around nicely with the PS4 analogue stick(s) while selecting a node with the regular up/down/left/right.

whatever makes console<>pc development easier will win out in the end, it means less work on individual platforms.

With the nodes name being facing all over the place, it's more pleasing to the eyes to see everything in one star chart. PS4 can also do their node selection by left and right with a cursor or something