The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kubrow Feedback [Megathread]

noveltyhero

Well,

I love my Kubrow, but I'm really really annoyed by the health degeneration - there is no logical reason for it.

It can be explained at first as a result of the need to stabilize DNA after how many years of only feral Kubrows (centuries, millenia..), but after the first DNA stabilizer pack is done that's it - if an organism is that unstable genetically it should not be kept alive - it is probably suffering as the result of the unstable DNA.

Either this degeneration should be totaly dropped, or it can be a part of a longer quest to perfect the Kubrows - but this will require making tough decisions about unstable Kubrow - and no one wants to kill them.

Hmm that sounds interesting, about a quest for that.

What if there was another item, not insanely hard to get but harder than stabilizers that freeze that DNA degeneration for some time, that could work.

Hmm that sounds interesting, about a quest for that.

What if there was another item, not insanely hard to get but harder than stabilizers that freeze that DNA degeneration for some time, that could work.

The quest idea seems more interesting to me. Since we are supposed to build a bond with our kubrows, having a quest (maybe different each time) to definitely stabilize their DNA and thus prevent their possible death, is to me the exact image of what a bond is.

Yet that's just my opinion.

The quest idea seems more interesting to me. Since we are supposed to build a bond with our kubrows, having a quest (maybe different each time) to definitely stabilize their DNA and thus prevent their possible death, is to me the exact image of what a bond is.

Yet that's just my opinion.

Problem is in the details, how would the quest go about so it is fully dynamic?

I am thinking some sort of RNG mixed in with Kubrow type as well as some cinematics that happen randomly too (like a Kubrow taking down a Grineer in the most epic way imaginable) etc :S

For the quest I'd imagine it like :

Once your Kubrow reaches lv30 you receive a message of the Lotus informing you that the Corpus genetic ingeners have made progress on DNA stabilization thought no more details have leaked out.

Therefore you have a quest that becomes available.

Once begun you must first proceed through a classic interception mission, in order to find more infos about those so called "progresses".

In your ship the datas confirm the previous information and that it goes even farther by blocking DNA decay for Kubrows.

The Lotus then sends you to the lab where the system used to do so is stored, it would be a relatively easy exterminate mission you do without the Kubrow (staying more stealthy says the Lotus) only to find an ancient Orokin machine that can't be moved or copied, then the mission ends normally.

Upon returning to your ship the Lotus confirms that this artifact is probably the only thing that can stop the DNA decay of the Kubrow and orders you to return there with the Kubrow this time to test the thing.

Returning on the mission would be again an exterminate but far more difficult since you already breaked through the facility one time. Once you reached the machine it would definitely cure your Kubrow.

As well I see this last mission as a one that would change depending the type of kubrow you take with you (it would also be replayable) to put it to use more seriously than just battling or digging.

For example, the Sahasa would have to find a precise thing hidden in the floor, the Raksa to terrify a scientist, the Sunika to catch one and the Huras to make you pass a security door that closes when it sees you.

That's just a random idea thrown out without really thinking but I hope to give someone inspiration about this quest idea.

Edited by Cyriann

Once your Kubrow reaches lv30 you receive a message of the Lotus informing you that the Corpus genetic ingeners have made progress on DNA stabilization thought no more details have leaked out.

Once begun you must first proceed through a classic interception mission, in order to find more infos about those so called "progresses".

In your ship the datas confirm the previous information and that it goes even farther by blocking DNA decay for Kubrows.

The Lotus then sends you to the lab where the system used to do so is stored, it would be a relatively easy exterminate mission you do without the Kubrow (staying more stealthy says the Lotus) only to find an ancient Orokin machine that can't be moved or copied, then the mission ends normally.

Upon returning to your ship the Lotus confirms that this artifact is probably the only thing that can stop the DNA decay of the Kubrow and orders you to return there with the Kubrow this time to test the thing.

Returning on the mission would be again an exterminate but far more difficult since you already breaked through the facility one time. Once you reached the machine it would definitely cure your Kubrow.

As well I see this last mission as a one that would change depending the type of kubrow you take with you (it would also be replayable) to put it to use more seriously than just battling or digging.

For example, the Sahasa would have to find a precise thing hidden in the floor, the Rasa to terrify a scientist, the Sunika to catch one and the huras to make you pass a security door that closes when it sees you.

That's just a random idea thrown out without really thinking but I hope to give someone inspiration about this quest idea.

I like this, you took the basic idea and made into a good quest. Lets hope the devs follow though with it.

For example, the Sahasa would have to find a precise thing hidden in the floor, the Rasa to terrify a scientist, the Sunika to catch one and the huras to make you pass a security door that closes when it sees you.

Interesting.

I will edit the main thread later, but I like that idea. Of course it needs some depth and all but with the right difficulty and setting it should be a good way to balance it out :)

In regards to the Sunika, I do not mind that they have the execution ability (even seems perfect for them) or that they share it with the Sahasa, however unleashed is way too much of a stupidly niche ability that halves the total potential of the breed in the overall game, it needs some modifications to make it work better (well, work at all) with the more general enemies we're bound to encounter.

Edited by RahuStalker

however unleashed is way too much of a stupid niche ability that halves the total potential of the breed in the overall game, it needs some modifications to make it work better (well, work at all) with the more general enemies we're bound to encounter.

It could work like Huras' Hunt on normal enemies - the Kubrow charges forward, knocking them down. After all, that's the most-used attack move by Feral Kubrows, and Sunika is the attack Kubrow. And it would open the enemies for Savagery's finisher, making those two abilities perfectly work together.

It could work like Huras' Hunt on normal enemies - the Kubrow charges forward, knocking them down. After all, that's the most-used attack move by Feral Kubrows, and Sunika is the attack Kubrow. And it would open the enemies for Savagery's finisher, making those two abilities perfectly work together.

Yeah, the Sunika is the war-kubrow by excellence. He needs of some savages upgrades ;)

Edited by Rorkyr

I actually love this idea, the two best offensive Kubrow abilities on the 'war-breed' makes sense.

So, Sunika's ability requires the enemy to be downed? It seems not at all different compared to Sahasa, how about it's attack doing an AOE knockdown on target (so everything around target is knocked down) except the target which is entering the finisher?

I'd like to be able to donate Kubrows to the Clan/Alliance for Rail Defense.  They would go in as the level you have them at with a copy of the mods they had on them when you finished up.  This would be as opposed to just ejecting them into space to get rid of them.

I'd like to be able to donate Kubrows to the Clan/Alliance for Rail Defense.  They would go in as the level you have them at with a copy of the mods they had on them when you finished up.  This would be as opposed to just ejecting them into space to get rid of them.

That seems awfully overpowered for those who have all mods maxed out. How about they just go in as normal leveling up and acquiring random mods at random ranks with a cap on those ranks?

My biggest complaint about kubrows would be how DE hyped the hell out of them and released them with no good way to get rid of unwanted kubrows. The only thing DEs done since they been out is double the time it takes to get rid of one. Oh and I hate all the upkeep and time/pay walls they have for them...which really sucks for new players.

I've seen many people say kubrows aren't for new players and some have even suggested they are endgame material. Well if that's the case then why did DE make the quest easy enough for new players? Probably hoping people would get frustrated with all the waiting/grinding and just pay up. Makes me worry what the Archwing thing will be like.

Edited by RoninJed

My biggest complaint about kubrows would be how DE hyped the hell out of them and released them with no good way to get rid of unwanted kubrows. The only thing DEs done since they been out is double the time it takes to get rid of one. Oh and I hate all the upkeep and time/pay walls they have for them...which really sucks for new players.

I've seen many people say kubrows aren't for new players and some have even suggested they are endgame material. Well if that's the case then why did DE make the quest easy enough for new players? Probably hoping people would get frustrated with all the waiting/grinding and just pay up. Makes me worry what the Archwing thing will be like.

Probably has to do with some fear of spending too much time on one thing and then have that thing not be received well or the fact that they take too much work per update, I don't know :/

But I guess that's why we have the megathread. I am opting to get the quest(s) up to standard for high level missions and moved.

PS. I am slightly worried too.

Please give more a button that function as stop kubrow from attacking.

Sahasa need improvement on Dig power, almost useless on survival, hard to dig, wait too long to dig.

Raksa need proper howl animation when using Howl power than just barking.

Please remove delay time of using kubrow after put out of the stasis.

Edited by buavita

i am growing concern about what releasing kubrow customization will do to those of us that have spent lots of time and money into breeding the "perfect kubrow"  i personally have spent lots of money on plat to try to get some kubs with rare colors to mix in with the cool patterns (after they did away with the scrambler). i have a current inventory of 64kubrows and about 60% of them are junk, just lousy color combinations. so with 14.5 we're suppose to be able to pick colors and patterns, sweet. so now i will have 64 different kubrows to customize...thats senseless. i only wanted a sick looking one for each different behavior type. so there has been extensive growing and breeding of pups to try for the coolest ones we can make.

i really hope that all of my time and plat aren't wasted with the addition of customization, making all of the work and effort meaningless. not just because so much has been put into it, but i actually enjoy the whole process and have become addicted to making new kubrows.

example:

SgBXgjf.jpg

it's been fun and i hope its still there somehow after the customization is added.

...and on a side note, it would be really cool if they added some ultra rare type patterns or colors you can only get through extensive breeding, making it really worth your time.

example:  :D

00X38is.jpg

Edited by SUMA

I think that a problem is that you don't know what's gonna happen when the quest starts.
You have no idea about how much it will cost, about the fact there is a mantainance to do and the particularities about that pet...

So I discovered all of this only now, the egg will hatch in some hours and I regret having spent so much effort, credits and time to get it.

i really hope that all of my time and plat aren't wasted with the addition of customization, making all of the work and effort meaningless. not just because so much has been put into it, but i actually enjoy the whole process and have become addicted to making new kubrows.

I really fail to see why anyone should actually care. You playing this entire game is meaningless already.

Either you enjoy playing it or you don't. If you thought ahead you would have realized that none of the rules are set in stone, and they get changed to benefit everyone.

If all this genetic breeding produced Kubrows with different stats, and bonuses, then maybe, I would be right behind you with DE making a patch that removed all that and made them all the same, but it is not, it's just a bunch of colors and sizes, and have ZERO effect on the game, you are complaining about cosmetic changes. DE learned from the Helmets "watergate" not to do THAT again.

I think that If you made 64 Kubrows you have bigger problems then color changes.

"... have become addicted to making new kubrows."

And there you go.

The fact you're Kubrow can die is just irritating and annoying. There's better ways to encourage us to log in. I thought i'd log in today and try to get back into the game, then it pops up in my inbox that my Kubrow is dead and well, i'll go play something else where my items and equipment don't degrade and then disappear. Especially when it's something you can buy.

Edited by Zeromanicus