Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lately I've Become Short-Tempered With Survival As A Nekros.

DirkDeadeye

I'm sorry. I forma'd my nekros 4 times. I make sure to get the most out of any engagement we're in, some-most times I'm the reason, or the nekros of the group is the reason why people get a rare stance, or w/e.

When people spread out, I remind them the mechanics of survival. Nicely. If they don't want to listen, I leave. Lately I've been getting a lot of angry PM's. Got called a '*@##$' today, and was told I was the reason why my parents got a divorce. (actually it was because my dad was a cokehead wifebeater..but thanks.)

Let it be known, it's not fun chasing a bunch of idiots around trying to desecrate. It's also not fun knowing you cannot go the distance based on Lotuses air supply drops alone.

But maybe I'm just being a jerk. I don't know.

Simply rule is: Dont play in pugs or expect much from them.

I also ask for them to stay close if i am Nekros, and if they wont do that i just stay in one room and do my thing. Killing mobs and Desecrating out of boredom, watching air goes down. Wont even bother with collection or activating air.

Simply rule is: Dont play in pugs or expect much from them.

I also ask for them to stay close if i am Nekros, and if they wont do that i just stay in one room and do my thing. Killing mobs and Desecrating out of boredom, watching air goes down. Wont even bother with collection or activating air.

yeah..I just know the outcome, 15 minutes in and we're gasping like a fish out of water.

(shrug) I personally love playing my Nekros, whether people stay together or not I will usually then just group up with the biggest, baddest, killing machine I can find and help him the rest of the way. Otherwise, you'd be surprised what you can accomplish by putting some hustle into that keyboard!

On a void mission last night I ended up feeling like I needed to jump into a pile of cocaine and rockstars just to keep up with the group, but honestly I think it makes it more fun when it's frantic.

i only run nek in survivals when ppl request it so at that point ppl usually know to stay close to me

that being said, you don't necessarily need nek to go a good 40 min (not implying 40 min is "going the distance"). it's more about the map layout IMO

also, 4 forma is bare minimum for maybe a decent nek tbh

Edited by (PS4)yamikeigo

This is why I don't play Nekros, because people see you as a utility, rather then a player.

All the support frames in this game get treated like filth, and I think its unacceptable. People see Nekros players as objects who can be kicked and invited as and when needed, and people just outright bash Oberon like hes useless, when in reality, 2 of the people who I play with most do Nekros and Oberon, and they really are essential for keeping the team alive and keeping a high DPS output with the Energy Orbs from desecrate.

Nekros player is asset to team. Stab pug in groin next time.

When i play Baron Samedi all i do is follow people and desecrate.

My whole config is about long range and continued casting and nothing else.

Makes the, at least, half an hour not as tedious doing it the third time around. 

The only reason i dont have those frame parts that come from Survival missions is becasue i cant stand playing that long doing those missions.

I can only do it with a couple frames and with Baron Samedi it's a bit easier.

I can relate. Most of the time I encourage a group to stay in the one room that has a high spawn and we camp there and we have our Loki run out to pop the air if it's far away. I usually try to play "follow the Nekros" and wherever he wanders around I follow so that I at least feel like I'm helping get more air. (That feeling of when you murder a large group with a penetrative sweep of your Boltor Prime and the Nekros immediately goes for the Desecrate makes me happy)

I hear ya.  I run in a group of 3...usually Im on Nekros, theres a loki and banshee.  As a group of 3 we manage to crack leaderboards often when we actually give a S#&$ enough to do so.

I desecrate soley for life support, health orbs and energy.  If my buddies are around, great.  If not, its on them.  Im not their daddy.

Just desecrate away, and if they dont pick your S#&$ up, thats on them.  IF they die, thats on them.

Dont expect 30-40 minute survivals for pugs anyways.  Think ive only been in one of those ever.

i only run nek in survivals when ppl request it so at that point ppl usually know to stay close to me

that being said, you don't necessarily need nek to go a good 40 min (not implying 40 min is "going the distance"). it's more about the map layout IMO

also, 4 forma is bare minimum for maybe a decent nek tbh

Nah, 3 gets the job done. 4 is a luxury nekros.

A good spammable nekros is a deterrent to bad map layouts.

I tend to go by host's rules on that sort of thing- if I'm hosting, then I'll make damn sure I'm getting my money's worth. However, if someone else is going to host for me, I don't really think it's too much of a stretch to let people on the team play how they want. If that means we're not going to go all that far because I can only Desecrate half the enemies at best, well, that's just that.

The exception is of course when people do something outrageously stupid and just make the whole mission intolerable, like when a Frost decides that they absolutely have to slap a Snow Globe in the middle of an ODD that I'm running for experience. I mean, occasionally people do something that aggravating in Survival but I can't think of any examples at the moment.

I don't think most randoms know the "Rules of Survival" or they simply don't care to follow, so I've never actually done it the right way. Kind of a pain but if you're not running with a dedicated group of friends you just have to deal.

Edited by CaptainJohnson

I tend to go by host's rules on that sort of thing- if I'm hosting, then I'll make damn sure I'm getting my money's worth. However, if someone else is going to host for me, I don't really think it's too much of a stretch to let people on the team play how they want. If that means we're not going to go all that far because I can only Desecrate half the enemies at best, well, that's just that.

The exception is of course when people do something outrageously stupid and just make the whole mission intolerable, like when a Frost decides that they absolutely have to slap a Snow Globe in the middle of an ODD that I'm running for experience. I mean, occasionally people do something that aggravating in Survival but I can't think of any examples at the moment.

I don't think most randoms know the "Rules of Survival" or they simply don't care to follow, so I've never actually done it the right way. Kind of a pain but if you're not running with a dedicated group of friends you just have to deal.

I've met plenty of people willing to listen, and humble themselves when we walked out with 3 dervishes.

I think I only use two and have everything I could possibly want on Nekros. One for an aura slot and I think a single defensive polarity slot that I forma'd an ability slot out for (which replaced Soul Punch). Honestly, two or more forma is fine, I see three as a luxury and four as a little excessive, but I guess that's just my build. He's not my most forma-intensive frame by far.

I've met plenty of people willing to listen, and humble themselves when we walked out with 3 dervishes.

Hah, well the problem is that I can't really explain the rules if I don't actually know how they play out. I know the basics in my head but since I've never actually done Survival ~the right way~ I have trouble actually explaining it to anyone else without sounding like a know-it-all who doesn't, well, know it all.

Also I don't meet enough people who actually listen & humble themselves, so there's that.

Hah, well the problem is that I can't really explain the rules if I don't actually know how they play out. I know the basics in my head but since I've never actually done Survival ~the right way~ I have trouble actually explaining it to anyone else without sounding like a know-it-all who doesn't, well, know it all.

Also I don't meet enough people who actually listen & humble themselves, so there's that.

It's simple.

Mobs spawn in rooms outside of the room you're in. So if there are 3 doors, there are 3 rooms the mobs will spawn in. They NEVER spawn in the same room you're in. So, moving around the map, and spreading out spreads out the spawns, delays the spawns, and if there is a nekros aboard makes his contribution useless.

When you enter a room outside of the room you're in that particular spawn moves back another room. Giving you the perception that you have to advance. The key is being patient and waiting for bad pathfinding, OR going as a GROUP into another hub room, pausing for a brief while and let the spawns repopulate and flood the hub you reside in.

Another strategy is moving as a unified group between hub rooms and clearing them out..but that's beyond the scope of a pub. But what I want to accomplish is educating people on how mobs spawn, so they can enjoy survival. And not be pressured to move about, and get more loot.

But when people argue with me, or ignore me, I just move on. My time is valuable..and if they insist on playing that way I won't burden them. Hence leaving before 5..a new person can spawn in. Or be invited to a void. Or leave without losing the key.

Edited by DirkDeadeye

One is enough to be honest - that's what I run. Only got rid of soul punch. The aura slot is intact, because then I could use any aura I want! :)

Edited by Blessance