The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ps4 U14 [Megathread]

(PSN)ryanaita44

These both accurately describe the situation. Considering the scope of the patch and how much QA/testing/fixing has gone in, it could even be a month or more until it gets sent out to cert.

Not actually Sony's fault. The development structure DE uses for Warframe is "Develop PC first then port to PS4" instead of "Develop on both platforms simultaneously" (the second structure would mean that updates would be sent to cert the moment they're released on PC, meaning the PS4 would only ever be a week or so behind). The problem with the second structure is that the majority of the developers are used to developing for the PC platform (and a small handful of programmers and developers then take the content created by the main developers that's been deployed on PC and begin porting it over--this is what I understand to be the method of development, I may be incorrect).

No. It really isn't. The only way for PS4 to catch up to PC is if DE delayed the PC patches, hotfixes and content updates. The developers of War Thunder delay the PC updates for their game, just like how Square Enix delays the PC updates of Final Fantasy 14 until the day that the update goes out on PS4/PS3. I cannot begin to describe the sheer fallout that would occur if DE decided to delay PC updates for the sake of the PS4.

Its going to be interesting when destiny comes out, many people may leave warframe on the ps4 just because we are treated as second class players, if they don't figure something out. 

Its going to be interesting when destiny comes out, many people may leave warframe on the ps4 just because we are treated as second class players, if they don't figure something out. 

A solid chunk of exclusive content is needed.* Most people play on PS4 specifically because playstation often gets content that PC never gets. I'm kinda shocked that they got away with the whole founder pack thing, although my experience with new players on PS4 shows that 90% of them thinks those items are actually in the game. By the time they learn more most of them leave anyway. My friend list is like a case study for this game.

You have to ask, why is it better on PS4 and worth playing? In case of Watch Dogs for example the answer is exclusive story missions. And in case of Warframe, well, it's undeserved success really. Granted, looks like they indeed plan something. Why else would they make account migration limited time only?

*that must be displayed on front store page.

pc (might) will always be in front of ps4. Because of the cert but if ps4 said well fck the cert (wont happend anytime soon) well then we will be at the same range or at least in sync withing the week and the cert take 1 to 2 week to get

All this waiting completely killed my hype for U14... weather it's next week or next month it won't make a difference anymore (at least to me) and the fact still remains that PS4 is left out and that's just frustrating...

I understand that U14 needs some fixing, but it would be logical to give us U13.9 for the time being, or is there a reason why they can't? because it feels as if we get no attention if that's the case. Really, I appreciate all of your hard work, but it seems that all of your efforts are for PC and PS4 is second-hand

Saying what's true doesn't matter to DE they can't get it done even if they wanted to by the end of July so just move on until it comes out I no it sucks but I'm most likely leaving when destiny is out.

The dev team is currently working hard to make sure Update 14 meets all the certification requirements for PS4. Sony wants the update to be smooth and polished (and so do we!), so getting ready for certification takes a lot of work. We'll have a "status" thread with updates for each milestone as we get closer to launching U14 on PS4. 

dude don't blame or rush de it's sony and their rules. I get that they don't want consules exploding or breaking but come on. Sony needing to worry about the vita, and produce some hardcore titles for it like infamous. Instead of hindering a game that's bring them customers and profit.

dude don't blame or rush de it's sony and their rules. I get that they don't want consules exploding or breaking but come on. Sony needing to worry about the vita, and produce some hardcore titles for it like infamous. Instead of hindering a game that's bring them customers and profit.

i don't get it, why do you people want this patch so fast? sure i'd like to play it too but can't you guys see it's not even ready on computer? there's a -MEGATHREAD- just for glitches and stuff, some which greatly affect gameplay, and you want the game in that state?

patience people, at least wait until the patch is fully functional on the computer before asking for the port

i don't get it, why do you people want this patch so fast? sure i'd like to play it too but can't you guys see it's not even ready on computer? there's a -MEGATHREAD- just for glitches and stuff, some which greatly affect gameplay, and you want the game in that state?

patience people, at least wait until the patch is fully functional on the computer before asking for the port

DE can take a year to bring this update, and I'll guarantee you there'll be major bugs still. To this day the game still randomly crashes in Void missions... not as frequent, but still. I don't really care when the update comes at this point in the game's life cycle (hype long gone for me), but people preaching to have patience is just as useless as people begging for the update  to release tomorrow. 

Edited by (PS4)iAvernus

but people preaching to have patience is just as useless as people begging for the update to release tomorrow.

It does seem futile doesn't it? Like asking a junkie or alcoholic to wait patiently for their next fix, although their skin is crawling or hands are shaking from DT's.

Gaming addiction is a real and very present phenomenon in today's world. What most gamers who beg for updates are doing is pleading for new content to escape from their reality. The old stuff just doesn't cut it anymore. In the words of the immortal Huey Lewis and the News, "I want a new drug".

This is why it is useless. It's about basic survival and coping for some.

Edited by (PS4)kcarpe2007

DE can take a year to bring this update, and I'll guarantee you there'll be major bugs still. To this day the game still randomly crashes in Void missions... not as frequent, but still. I don't really care when the update comes at this point in the game's life cycle (hype long gone for me), but people preaching to have patience is just as useless as people begging for the update  to release tomorrow. 

well i'm not preaching patience, just common sense. in the end it will come whenever the devs release it so trying to hurry them or doing nothing won't cause anything

Patience.

Considering there's been no word on 14's ETA to cert, my guess is that they'll try to squeeze in as many hotfixes and subsequent patches/updates as well before it gets shipped off to cert.

Which is a very, VERY good thing.

U14 had a really buggy launch. It's a great update, don't get me wrong, but it had some rather bad bugs as well, which likely won't ever see the light of day on PS4.

Patience.

Considering there's been no word on 14's ETA to cert, my guess is that they'll try to squeeze in as many hotfixes and subsequent patches/updates as well before it gets shipped off to cert.

Which is a very, VERY good thing.

U14 had a really buggy launch. It's a great update, don't get me wrong, but it had some rather bad bugs as well, which likely won't ever see the light of day on PS4.

ok thanks for the reply.

-post removed for low quality flamebait-

Yes, but we also get a far more polished update, and far more content in a single update. I've been reading topics about all the game-breaking bugs that came with U14, and I can guarantee that U14 would never have passed Sony cert.

U14 took more than two months for PC, and porting the content from two updates before, plus every hotfix after and now 14.1, it's gonna take time.

It may be taking a long time to get this to us, but it will be the biggest, most content filled update that will have hit PS4.

If you can't wait for that,I strongly suggest picking up a different game and spending your time elsewhere, instead of being rude and unpleasant towards the people who enjoy the game, understand that it takes time, and are ok with waiting.

Edited by Letter13
try to avoid quoting folks whose posts got removed! Cheers.

Yes, but we also get a far more polished update, and far more content in a single update. I've been reading topics about all the game-breaking bugs that came with U14, and I can guarantee that U14 would never have passed Sony cert.

U14 took more than two months for PC, and porting the content from two updates before, plus every hotfix after and now 14.1, it's gonna take time.

It may be taking a long time to get this to us, but it will be the biggest, most content filled update that will have hit PS4.

If you can't wait for that,I strongly suggest picking up a different game and spending your time elsewhere, instead of being rude and unpleasant towards the people who enjoy the game, understand that it takes time, and are ok with waiting.

off topic are you saying i have been rude to other with regards to update 14. Also ty for taking the time to respond. Edited by (PS4)infuriatedplayer

The dev team is currently working hard to make sure Update 14 meets all the certification requirements for PS4. Sony wants the update to be smooth and polished (and so do we!), so getting ready for certification takes a lot of work. We'll have a "status" thread with updates for each milestone as we get closer to launching U14 on PS4. 

quanta?? anyone!!

Haha, im not tryna start any arguments and im not tryin to &!$$ anybody off im just curious to know if anyone has any idea as to when we may get u14 on ps4. i wanted to play it so much i went and downloaded it on my pc and even though i built my pc from scratch i just cant get used to the controls on pc and i dont like how the xbox one controller feels with it. so if anybody knows or just wants ta discuss random shizz lay it on me! :P

Op you're better off calling a psychic Hotline to get the answer to this

Better question is will the update drop before Destiny or after Destiny releases because by then no one will care.

You can't way "No one" because I could not care less about Destiny. I want U14 as well. Now Uncharted 4, that's a game.