Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Players Could Get Quanta The Other Way (Exploit Problem)

HideorEscape

Situation: For a storm clan, the quanta research costs 35 neural sensors.

For a ghost clan, the quanta research costs 3 neural sensors.

Problem: Players from storm clan leave and join a ghost clan that already has completed the research. They buy the blueprint and leave just to join back they're own clan.

What's the point if a smaller clan can finish research contribution faster than a high tier clan? Isn't that unfair?

What's the point in contributing materials for your clan research when you can get it from other clans who already completed the research without any effort? This problem makes high tier clans useless, more problematic.

Why waste a lot of materials into a research that costs 10x or 100x when you can contribute them into a small ghost clan's research?

It literally makes no difference if the larger clan has active members. And if thats the case, they're not going to leave just to "steal research".

It is unfair and for some reason people fail to see that. They just keep defending DE and the already existing content, which is the reason why we never get anything good in this game.

Because its not unfair on any level. A larger clan with active members will be in the exact same situation as a smaller active clan.

As for your other statement: Defending DE? What? Simply because we don't see eye to eye on this one instance you draw an absurd conclusion that supporting any of DE's decisions leads to not getting "anything good in this game"?  If the game is as terrible as you think then don't play?

I really don't follow your thought process.

Thats some nice mental gymnastics you can do there.

On a side note: if anything DE cops more negativity then positivity on the forums.

People shouldn't be able to access the research if they haven't been at least a week in the clan.

So bar new players from getting the clan weapons for over a week because some players go in, take the research, and get out...

Sorry, but punishing the many because of the crimes of the few doesn't sit well with me.  Even then, you'd still just be punishing "the many", because you know what those players would do?  They'd wait, grab the research, and leave.

So bar new players from getting the clan weapons for over a week because some players go in, take the research, and get out...

Sorry, but punishing the many because of the crimes of the few doesn't sit well with me.  Even then, you'd still just be punishing "the many", because you know what those players would do?  They'd wait, grab the research, and leave.

Many clan research weapons require mastery rank of over 4, so new players wouldn't be able to acquire the weapons anyway. One shouldn't keep switching clans constantly, instead people should find a clan which they really like and stay in it.

It's not hard to reach MR 4 at all!

Even then, ok, look at it like this:  You just reached MR 4, you want the Ignis.  Now that you have a reason to, you start looking for a clan to join up with.  You find a clan, they let you in, and you start making the clan key.

The next day, you make your way into the dojo, navigate the(More than likely) confusing hallways until you find the Grineer research.  You try to grab the Detonite Injector BP and OOP!  You gotta wait a week because some people whined about other people(Like myself) who don't like being part of a clan joining, grabbing research, and then leaving.  Let's not even discuss the fact that Detonite Injector invasions seem to be the rarest so you'll probly have to make those on top of that.

I get it, it's a bit frustrating, that's why I decided to just make my own clan, but seriously man?  This seems like a pretty bad way to try and stop the runners(Protip: You won't) while punishing everyone else in the process.  This will only frustrate people new to the clan dojo.

Edited by UFOLoche

If someone wants to do this, I don't really see a big deal. If a player is that determined to obtain the blueprint, it's actually much faster to just farm up those Neural Sensors. So, their loss.

Edited by zoffmode

O...M...F...G

How is this topic even alive?

It takes 24 hours to make a Clan key.

If you invite someone to your clan you should already take into account that they could be leeching you.

Smart clans will only give new players the ability to go into there clan base. (you can keep players from going into the base, its called CLAN hosting) after 3 days. :/

You can keep people from hosting your base. EI, restricting them to have to hope someone is hosting the Base for them to join it. So in part, you can keep players from going into your dojo for X amount of time. :/ (you can go into solo mode and that keep sthem from joining anyway)

So really, this thread is pointless because the DE already put up ways to keep leechers out of your dojo.

leeching? I'm a little confused, since getting clan tech from a clan, whether you stay with that clan or not, does not effect the clan in any way. the clan doesn't lose anything by someone taking the research. the  player gains only the blueprint, the clan doesn't even get the money spent to buy the blueprint. 

the clan members don't lose anything either. the resources had to be used regardless in order for the clan to get the research done. once done,, no one is effected further by it. 

How is this even considered an issue?

Screw that clan hosting part. Only a band aide anyway. Do I think somebody should willy nilly join our clan, get the BP's and bail? Nah. You don't contribute, you only want to take... I'd say a hold on new recruits being able to join and grab is fine. Maybe 1-day per mastery rank req of the item. If you contribute to the building of said item, hold is bypassed.

Don't like being part of a clan you say? That's your decision. Live with the consequences.

Less resources, which usually means that the research can be started faster.

Any active moon clan generally gets the research up and going the minute people can log in after the hotfix :|

It's not the most pointless thread, not even close.

But yeah, it's still pretty pointless.

^This.

Edited by Aggh

Situation: For a storm clan, the quanta research costs 35 neural sensors.

For a ghost clan, the quanta research costs 3 neural sensors.

Problem: Players from storm clan leave and join a ghost clan that already has completed the research. They buy the blueprint and leave just to join back they're own clan.

Assumption: People join clans solely for research, and the number of people able to contribute to clan research do not (at all) scale to the number of people who do.

I'd rather you listed that assumption too, since it's a backbone argument for your analysis of the situation. Otherwise, this and this still stands.

if ppl say what they think what it have to do with defending DE if ppl are stupid enjoy to leave and join a lower clan 1st those arent clan mates after all

2nd those ppl are dumb they need to wait anyway to build the clan key ~.~

and if ppl leave in activ clans cause in a moon tier only 10 ppl contribute to a research hell thats your prob if a moon tier enery person spend 1 sensor , what isnt hard, your done before you even reach mountain clan mass.

Pure speculation this is even problem that needs any sort of addressing. There certainly isn't an epidemic going on.

And like are there even large clans that don't get all the resources for every clan weapon within 24hrs of it's release? Even with 72hrs research time I could buy BPs for it yesterday, which is 4 days after it was released. And I'm in a casual clan lol. So even a worst case 300 neurals I wait an extra day to get the BP.

Secondly when one leaves their clan and spends 24hrs building a new key etc, then they decided to come back, don't they lose their clan emblem and have to rebuy it when they join back to the orginal clan? Not a really well thought plan is it.

Edited by Ghogiel