Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Discussing About Dark Sector Alliances Having Too High Taxes

iquaniqua

Notice how they don't use it? When was the last nuke used in an act of violence? Oh right, WW2. As i said, no major wars since.

After that one, the amount of destruction that had ravaged the world scared the &!$$ out of everyone. Even the powers that be do not want a major war to happen again. Society is becoming more peaceful.

Peaceful commerce is more profitable for everyone, especially when nations are run by bankers. War is too costly. 

No, they just don't want to nuke anyone because they don't want to die. I promise you that if a country could nuke someone and suffer no reprisals there is a very good chance they'd do it.

No, they just don't want to nuke anyone because they don't want to die. I promise you that if a country could nuke someone and suffer no reprisals there is a very good chance they'd do it.

Or we could nuke countries with bonds, with US EE Savings Bonds and all that (yes, I know. It is a joke). 

there should be a voting system, that if too many players vote that your taxes are to high/rewards too low/whatever, your alliance is banned from controlling a sector for a week, that would teach alliances to have reasonable taxes

They can choose to tax from whatever the lowest setting is to whatever the highest setting is and it would be 100% legit.

Note: I meant to post this in another thread, but I suppose it's relevant here too.

Well, I guess that's it for Eclipse on Sechura... see you later 0% tax.

But, in fairness, the system is not only designed for clans to force high tax rates, but it actually rewards them (and players) greatly for doing so. As -ExT-AtLasVegas pointed out, it all comes down to this:

Humans: there are flaws in the code... Figure out how to manipulate those flaws, and you can achieve anything, regardless of trivial matters like justice or morality.

On a relevant note:

...and we actually call ourselves, "Homo sapiens sapiens" - meaning "wise, wise man". -.- We're wise x2!!! 

You would be surprised to know how this is EVE, and how many economists have been hired to keep the system going. Also PR people, artists, hackers, coders, forum trolls, spies, and people digging up information to target people's computers and real life.

It seems to me the devs designed this metagame to support secrecy, infiltration, corruption, and the dirtiest type of gameplay.

While we attempt to stay out of most of that, you cant compete without information. Go get your own spies and screenshots. Ive done my research.

A strong warning to everyone who thinks they can play this game like they would play EVE and have no negative consequences taking against them. As the first Tenno stupid/brave enough to majorly screw over there own alliance I know first hand how untrue this is. All but the grace of lotus saved myself from becoming banned for 21 years. Don't make the same mistake I did. As the stalker would say ''Your actions have Consequences Tenno.

82b23d47b0ebf2e0ae87d1dd2c03c067_zps5a8b

1312f78a8552d55b46b743237302d137_zpsc951

I'm sorry if posting screen shots from the support desk is not allowed or frowned upon. The name are Hidden to protect the identity's of the devs, if they wish to reveal that information It's up to them. Be very careful when taking actions in this game to both your Friends an your foes. Do not assume this is Exactly like EVE. I don't want to see anyone get banned because a couple of people think they know what they are talking about.

A strong warning to everyone who thinks they can play this game like they would play EVE and have no negative consequences taking against them. As the first Tenno stupid/brave enough to majorly screw over there own alliance I know first hand how untrue this is. All but the grace of lotus saved myself from becoming banned for 21 years. Don't make the same mistake I did. As the stalker would say ''Your actions have Consequences Tenno.

82b23d47b0ebf2e0ae87d1dd2c03c067_zps5a8b

1312f78a8552d55b46b743237302d137_zpsc951

I'm sorry if posting screen shots from the support desk is not allowed or frowned upon. The name are Hidden to protect the identity's of the devs, if they wish to reveal that information It's up to them. Be very careful when taking actions in this game to both your Friends an your foes. Do not assume this is Exactly like EVE. I don't want to see anyone get banned because a couple of people think they know what they are talking about.

Actions speak louder than words. You were unbanned, and allowed to come back and continue enjoying yourself after your actions effected thousands of people. Glad you took responsibility for it, but its the principle behind it.

On top of that, the fact that they feel there is no permanent damage just goes to show how clueless they really are about their own game and community.

I stand by my statement.

Actions speak louder than words. You were unbanned, and allowed to come back and continue enjoying yourself after your actions effected thousands of people. Glad you took responsibility for it, but its the principle behind it.

On top of that, the fact that they feel there is no permanent damage just goes to show how clueless they really are about their own game and community.

I stand by my statement.

If he wasin't unbanned, there was going to be a S#&$storm. And if anyone thinks I was being an &#! during the Eclipse episode is sorely mistaken, cause I would've rained fire and brimstone, alongside a lot of other people.

That was absolute, bullS#&$ what they did to him. He did nothing wrong, inside and outside of the game, and taking meta intervention like that because it doesn't align with a particular few's moral compass, when they design a system to emulate eve is hypocritical at the least, not to mention abusing the position of a developer, and interveining in politics that lead to his actions, outside of the alliance, and outside of player agency.

If he wasin't unbanned, there was going to be a S#&$storm. And if anyone thinks I was being an @$$ during the Eclipse episode is sorely mistaken, cause I would've rained fire and brimstone, alongside a lot of other people.

That was absolute, bullS#&$ what they did to him. He did nothing wrong, inside and outside of the game, and taking meta intervention like that because it doesn't align with a particular few's moral compass, when they design a system to emulate eve is hypocritical at the least, not to mention abusing the position of a developer, and interveining in politics that lead to his actions, outside of the alliance, and outside of player agency.

Skitz0 did not do anything wrong with the Alliance system. True, but remember, DE can do what they want when they want.

Edited by OMGYourMom

If he wasin't unbanned, there was going to be a S#&$storm. And if anyone thinks I was being an @$$ during the Eclipse episode is sorely mistaken, cause I would've rained fire and brimstone, alongside a lot of other people.

you are just confirming my point. DE supports this type of underhanded, dirty, shameful, and disgusting type of gameplay.

Wonder if anyone knows that ICE, Eclipse, Lords of the East, Orion, Solar Syndicate and Synergy are actually all part of an elaborate plan by Warbros and we're none the wiser. Y'know, since we seem to be throwing out rather ridiculous assumptions/conclusions/factless statements.

Oh yeah and the United States, Russia and China are actually all working together. Have been since 1950. The "tensions" between the global superpowers is actually a ruse to dupe the common man.

[conspiracy theorizing intensifies]

As a member of Eclipse, no, we are definitely not friends with each other. Pluto is the holy grail of dark sectors, and we all fight like stray cats over it.

Skitz0 did not do anything wrong with the Alliance system. True, but remember, DE can do what they want when they want.

Kinda points out that this entire system is subject to being invalidated at their whims.

Which is sad since they made this mode with the intent of having political power struggles to increase replayability within the game. 

You did pick up on the fact that I was being sarcastic, yes?

Yes. But the last thing we want is Eclipse being the whole "bad guy thing" again perception from the rest of the playerbase.

(It was so bad people didn't even want any clan members to disclose the name of the clans involved, which I still won't do for basic privacy.)

Even with 70% taxes Sechura would be better credits/h than any other normal node in the solar system. Stop complaining. At least they cannot put taxes on XP.wut

wut? are you saying you cant get 6900 credits from a normal mission? cause thats all you'd get from a 70% sechura.

Edited by Faulcun

[...]

I stand by my statement.

It is not surprising in an age where the traitors live most freely. Institutions reinstate traitors and turn the history upside down in the name of liberty and freedom, with the result or purpose of changing the values of the society.

They seem to have succeeded in bringing a society that only looks down on the poor rather than the degraded, and where the traitors become the liberal fighters. In the face of history though, the traitors can only kneel.

Maybe we should learn from the way that the International Military Tribunal for the Far East treated Hideki Tojo: the court sentenced him to death but never denied his rights of defence. We should respect basic human rights, including those we think irredeemable sinners, which is a demonstration of true civilization.

KS10-001.jpg