The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Syandana Concepts

homiedudemanguy

Since I have done an armor concept thread, I thought to myself that Syandanas might be fun to do as well. Just for fun and not sure if I would make more but I thought i'd give a whack at it.

UPDATE 1 - 8/8/2014: Attempted (and i use that word strongly) to slim down the Syandanas as well as many other suggetions and I definitely have an inability to do so. I'll keep crackin at it though to improve eventually. thanks for the feedback

SET 1

1zqtrub.jpg

SET 2

2rn7bk9.jpg

Edited by homiedudemanguy

As much as i liked your armor thread these syandanas i dislike. They aren't really lore friendly. Except maybe Miyabi Prime. 

Define "lore friendly." We have a huge syandana that looks like a giant lizard tail fin glued onto our back, a syandana made up of resized Aegis pieces that floats along with energy fire "cloth," which can wiggles around, and so on. As we progress forward, more intricate and "ridiculous" syandana appears. There's nothing lore-unfriendly about these, but it's more about how it's less in line with the current syandana, which are much slimmer instead of taking the whole Warframe's silhouette, in terms of visual design,

@TC: I agree with a few above, I think the same design you made here could be slimmed down or maybe even cropped/toned down in certain areas so it's slightly more in line with current aesthetics. Having a scarf/cape define the Warframe's silhouette isn't really the best idea IMO due to how unique many Warframes are.

Edited by Casardis

A bit too thick for my taste. 

Fantastic effort and style, I'm just a fan of slim design.

I'd have to agree here. They all really seem to give off a 'primed' feeling to them, which is great.

My suggestion is to just slim them down.

Sometimes less is more.

Don't really like any of them...

I prefer slim designs and or one with effects like pyra syandana

definitely noted and ill be sure to aim for a more slim design c: again i was just playing around with some stuff in photoshop and paintool sai with lines and shape and literally just mirrored whatever scribbles ive created. not trying to make an excuse for myself, what you dislike is your opinion and i respect that

I really like these. But they seem like primes not regular. Are they supposed to be primes or regular?

well so far there is only one prime which is the Miyabi but i do definitely see what you mean which is probably the bulkiness of the Syandanas themselves. When i was making concepts, i wanted more exotic Syandanas because the current ones we have were not so distinct or strange from first glances in my opinion. I guess what im trying to say is that i wanted to make Syandanas really be noticed or pointed out easily in distances and peripherals to be more highlighted in individuality. Sorry for the random blurbs and gibberish but to answer your question, theyre not Primes but Miyabi and just regulars ^^"

I'd buy all of them, except maybe the Tenka. Don't fit the image of a Syandana, imo. However I think some of these will have horrible clipping issues in game as well as a bad case of Syandana seizure, haha.

The Syandanas definitely do have a tendency to have seizures haha

well so far there is only one prime which is the Miyabi but i do definitely see what you mean which is probably the bulkiness of the Syandanas themselves. When i was making concepts, i wanted more exotic Syandanas because the current ones we have were not so distinct or strange from first glances in my opinion. I guess what im trying to say is that i wanted to make Syandanas really be noticed or pointed out easily in distances and peripherals to be more highlighted in individuality. Sorry for the random blurbs and gibberish but to answer your question, theyre not Primes but Miyabi and just regulars ^^"

ah ok thanks for answering my question :) 

• 4 weeks later...

i'm in love with your lotus one 0_0! +1 from me, the others are great but seem to think, and big... other then that... holly S#&$ ur awesome. I need to get as good as this..

EDIT: the red and blue one on set 2 are pretty good as well.  The blue one should be smaller though and less parts, I really love the design of it. very well done!

Edited by oPANDAFRAMEo

• 3 months later...