Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De...i'm Confused..

Pbrandon1

I'm confused at the prices for platinum for some items on the market.

Some of the items on the market are priced quite high for the amount that they are worth and make some people not even want to consider the market. Stalker bundle is still priced..at that same amount to this day..so overpriced.

You say they are priced that high so it can make people try to grind for the items instead of buying it but don't you also rely on those same people to buy those items to pay you? I mean, if you wanted to not have people buying their way through the game then couldn't you have at-least made the only things that can be bought by platinum are cosmetics and maybe leave trade the same..maybe..

It feels like..you are trying to make people pay you. You make the grind and gambling hard for many people and good for others by having a RNG system which will try to make people seem the grind is not bad because they are lucky enough to not get the brunt of it and then when the players are trying to find ways to ease the grind, they look to the market and find the items and then you take advantage of those people by having them highly priced and getting hardly much platinum for the prices of platinum. I'm not gonna say you are trying to do that..but it feels like it.

I understand that you can earn platinum by trading and everything..but that still doesn't make it right. You are still forgetting about those who spend the money to get platinum and pay for those items, those that pay you, those you kinda take advantage of when they decide to drop money on the game.

It's either drop the prices to a reasonable price, increase the amount you can get for platinum, have the only thing that can be purchased with platinum is cosmetics and bundles, or get rid of the convenience for being able to buy your way through the game since you didn't want us to do it in the first place. It just looks like you are countering yourself in this situation and not make people want to give you money.

People do buy the weapons. I see people do it all the time, money to spend I suppose.

There was an entire market redux someone made around here that looked really nice. It took into account the materials used to craft it, their prices, and then the potato and slot. It had a small reduction in price, and in the end, everything dropped at least 3 platinum, and some things up to 20. The bundles weren't calculated though.

People do buy the weapons. I see people do it all the time, money to spend I suppose.

There was an entire market redux someone made around here that looked really nice. It took into account the materials used to craft it, their prices, and then the potato and slot. It had a small reduction in price, and in the end, everything dropped at least 3 platinum, and some things up to 20. The bundles weren't calculated though.

Yes, I understand that people do buy the weapons and resources to either support the game or skip the grind and not realize that they are paying more for what they should, that's a problem if you are wanting people to play your game, not skip your game. Others feel that the prices on the market are priced high for the amount of platinum you get when you pay for it. 

Also I saw that thread, a pretty good thread that made people want to actually drop money on the game.

I should also mention I'm bringing resources into this equation too. 

That stalker bundle... My plat wallet still aches everytime someone mentions it, my biggest regret. It's still 900p right..? According to wiki, still 800p, my bad.

EDIT: Ninja'd

I understand that people do buy the weapons and resources to either support the game or skip the grind and not realize that they are paying more for what they should, that's a problem if you are wanting people to play your game, not skip your game.

That's a good point, basically all you skip is illusionary barriers like the crafting time and the amount of time/effort it takes to farm for their materials with a 20p worth catalyst/reactor thrown into the bag. Seems hardly worth considering unless you've got a lot of disposable income. It's nice that they're not selling plat-only weapons and warframes but the prices make it feel as if they do, at least when compared to other f2p games.

Personally the Stalker Bundle wasn't even that well advertised on release, barely any description or details in-game, I had no idea it was obtainable through farming the stalker, just jumped on the hype train back then... Had I known, I would've just grabbed the Smoke palette and go on a stalker hunt. :/

Edited by CapricaSix

I believe they commented on this 2-3 devstreams ago saying they won't change the market prices.

I guess all the founders / prime access people actually buy the weapons so no reason to change..

From gear i bought only vauban for my plat.

As a founder and veteran player i understand that every piece of gear i buy will mean that i have less things to get and since game doesnt try to catch player attention with anything besides gear then there you go.

My theory

1)prices are high because few ppl buys them

2)few ppl buys them because they are overpriced and limit amount of rewards you can get from playing

3)remaking market to encourage veterans to pay would take too much work

4)its easier to increase amount of grind and hope for desperates

To prove my theory i will say that potatoes, slots, consumables and even rushing are reasonably priced.

Edited by Davoodoo

Wait for a deal or a login 50-75% off, then prices are priced low.

Or don't buy everything you see and play the game to get it.

And this fixes problem how??

Its like proposing savestate after bugged mission in some game saying game works perfectly just use this when you encounter that bug.

Wait for a deal or a login 50-75% off, then prices are priced low.

Or don't buy everything you see and play the game to get it.

Those things are quite rare, haven't gotten one in a while. Plus, just having discounts doesn't excuse the fact they are overpriced. That's like saying a pizza place can sell pizza for high prices because they have a random chance for a customer to get a discount on his next piece of pizza. Plus, all it does is make people wait, making you lose money and have them become angry that they have to wait to just buy this item instead of getting it now when they are paying money for it.

1 - the Currency-Platinum exchange rate is very good. especially considering the discounts that are to be had of varying degrees.

2 - the Randomizer isn't 'punishing' and 'rewarding' specific players. it's a Randomizer. like a lot of games that expects longevity of gameplay in a Multiplayer Setting, Randomizers are often used to lengthen the road. or atleast make the road different every time you look at it.

3 - it's actually detrimental to your enjoyment of Warframe to be buying Equipment with Platinum, as the Carrots of this or that item are the goals the game sets for Players since 99.100% of Players apparently can't set their own goals or have fun without someone giving them a Carrot to chase. it's beyond me how that is, but apparently it is so.

ultimately it's the Platinum prices on the Market that are all over the place. they don't really represent much of anything, the numbers might as well be random.

I think people are spoiled these days... No offense, but it's true.

Back to U7+:

resources could disappear over time, more than that, their amount was pretty bad. I remember how farmed Alloy Plates: 100-150 per 1 run on Kiste. Or Control Modules... You could farm Hyena 2-10hrs for just 1 CM and still get nothing. That was a real grind, not that thing we have now. And almost nobody complained about that.

People just wanted a simple trading for Prime Parts, nothing more, nothing less. They got it.

Then people started complained about Pt and Market prices, DE knew and saw this, but they can't change it. However, they put the discounts, which you can easily get from Daily rewards. If i'd purchase Pt with each discount i got (during July) i could have 15k Pt. But atm i have only 3k (from GM pack and i didn't purchase Pt anymore).

Yes, perhaps, it's really hard to get Stalker's gear or Detron / Brakk. But this gear worth it.

You should understand if you don't want to farm, play or 'grind' it, you can purchase it. But, again, almost everything in the game you can get for free, so the prices are pretty appropriate.

I understand your concern.

As a Founder, a GM, i never bought weapon, frames, mods, resources, keys and other things from Market. I farmed all these things, beating the grind & RNG wall.

The things i bought in market are Palettes, Potatos, Formas, Skins and boosters <- And their cost is pretty low.

Edited by Spectre-Agent

The fact that they made plat basically "free" through trade is accommodation enough, IMO.

Essentially, you don't have to drop on dime on plat & can still make plat. Like, wut? lol. I'm not complaining. 

Kind of a paradox there...

You're perfectly fine with grinding and farming super rare items that you can sell for plats in Trading. And you would actually spend those plats on items that you could grind/farm throughout the game by just playing it with probably less effort and time spent. Kind of like a drug-addict selling drugs only to buy drugs from what he earned, over and over.

My suggestions:

PS4

---------------------

Specters: 30P(Random Cosmic) 20P(Random Force)  10P(Random Phase, Vapor)

Specter Armies: Costs 5x as much for the above and Tradeable

Warframes: Starters(50P) Intermediate(150P) Advanced(300P) Clan(400P) 

Primes: Tradeable and through Prime Access

---------------------

Primaries: MR0-2(25P) MR3-5(100P) MR6-8(200P)

Secondaries: MR0-2(25P) MR3-5(100P) MR6-8(200P)

Melee: MR0-2(25P) MR3-5(100P) MR6-8(200P)

Clan Tech: MR0-2(25P) MR3-5(100P) MR6-8(200P)

---------------------

Resources: 5P for a reasonable amount(500 salvage)

Rare Resources: 10P for a reasonable amount(1+ Argon Crystal)

Very Rare Resources: Forma(20P) Catalyst(25P) Reactor(25P)

---------------------

Sentinels: 100P

Kubrows: 200P(1 egg, 1 incubator, 1 DNA stabilizer set, 1 fully grown kubrow)

---------------------

Gear: Credits 

Cosmetics:  50P(Helmets and Armor Pieces) 75P(Syandanas) 125(armor sets)

Arcanes and Prime Accessories: Tradeable and Prime Access

---------------------

Bundles: 25%-75% off all items within selected bundle

Rushing: Dojo Plat scaling system

Platinum Discounts: 25% and 50%(if applicable log in rewards or per 100 hours of game time)

New Frames, Weapons, Gear, Companions, Clan Tech and Cosmetics(25%-50% more plat then older items)

Kind of a paradox there...

You're perfectly fine with grinding and farming super rare items that you can sell for plats in Trading. And you would actually spend those plats on items that you could grind/farm throughout the game by just playing it with probably less effort and time spent. Kind of like a drug-addict selling drugs only to buy drugs from what he earned, over and over.

No paradox there, because I never said I purchased the items you're assuming I purchase from the market. In essence, all I said was that you can make free plat through trading & because of that, I'm ok with market prices. 

Edit * As for what I DO buy with plat: Slots, potatoes, & cosmetics. That's it. 

Edited by Rexlars

No paradox there, because I never said I purchased the items you're assuming I purchase from the market. In essence, all I said was that you can make free plat through trading & because of that, I'm ok with market prices. 

Edit * As for what I DO buy with plat: Slots, potatoes, & cosmetics. That's it. 

Let's say "ironic" then. But then how can you be fine with the market prices when you've never purchased the items I assumed you purchased? :x

I do buy lots of slots, reactors/catalysts/formas, colour palettes and cosmetics as well and I believe their price is just perfect, just for the record.

Let's say "ironic" then. But then how can you be fine with the market prices when you've never purchased the items I assumed you purchased? :x

I do buy lots of slots, reactors/catalysts/formas, colour palettes and cosmetics as well and I believe their price is just perfect, just for the record.

I agree with those prices, everything else is very questionable. 

It's simple. I don't buy them lol. That's how. 

But the items I do buy are priced well, like you said, so yea I'm okay with market prices. 

You should understand if you don't want to farm, play or 'grind' it, you can purchase it. But, again, almost everything in the game you can get for free, so the prices are pretty appropriate.

Whole game is a grind, so if you dont want to play it, you can purchase your reward and swing new golden sword for few missions before getting bored.

Works for new player who doesnt know any better, but veterans know how this game operates and as you said you havent bought any gear.

Thats problem that should be addressed, DE havent made any attempt to encourage ppl to buy stuff from market, they constantly trying to discourage you from farming.

Instead of fixing bad foundations they throw extra stuff on the top.

As a player with over 1000 hours on my account i dont feel like spending any plat on gear can make my gameplay more enjoyable.

We got spoiled to the point where we are giving feedback that their premium model doesnt work.

Edited by Davoodoo

My personal idea how to improve market:

-reduce gear prices, these are overpriced and they shouldnt be.

-add some convenience stuff for plat like maybe

1)3day item for 150p or 7day for 250p allowing you to access every mission except event one without a key, new prime access?? not everyone can afford prime access?? they buy these goodies and money flows in while grind doesnt seem as painful as it was

2)30day item for 500p(not sure about this price) removing crafting times when its active, cool starving for progression player would certainly love this, they can enjoy game without waiting time and constant prompts to pay plat to rush.

3)reusable(1 use per mission doesnt disappear after use) ammo/hp/energy/shield restores for 75p each, instead of crafting it every time you can just buy them and use them whenever you want, makes ammo economy more bearable and encourages players to actually use these consumables.

Some stuff that wouldnt punish you more than we already are for not paying but give convenience for doing so.

Edited by Davoodoo

My personal idea how to improve market:

1)3day item for 150p or 7day for 250p allowing you to access every mission except event one without a key, new prime access?? not everyone can afford prime access?? they buy these goodies and money flows in while grind doesnt seem as painful as it was

2)30day item for 500p(not sure about this price) removing crafting times when its active, cool starving for progression player would certainly love this, they can enjoy game without waiting time and constant prompts to pay plat to rush.

That actually sounds a lot worse than how it is right now. What's the point of leasing bundles and why should it be that pricey for something that will expire and disappear? Is it supposed to be some kinda hardcore "mastery rank farmer" bundle?

Personally I'd like to keep what I pay for, and £10 (for 150p, if I'm not mistaken) for a demo sounds excessive. But that's just me I guess...

Did you have Blacklight Retribution or something in mind when you came up with that idea?

Edit: Now that I've re-read it, seems I've misunderstood it, it's even stranger. Pure F2P style super expensive tokens style items that allow you special privileges that you can normally do with less plats already such as rushing an item.

Edit2: Just disregard my post. Feels as if your suggestion is almost completely irrelevant to OP. Current prices are the main issue, such as weapons, bundles, warframes (nekros especially).

Edited by CapricaSix