The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why So Much Excalibur Hate? :(

(PSN)epicspazm

I didn't say try to tank with Iron Skin that far in. But it is still useful because it stops effects and a hit to iron skin is a hit you are not taking to your health and shields.

Damage on stomp doesn't really matter for damage, but the little damage numbers that pop up are helpful because you can use the numbers to locate where enemies are.

"except for melee"

That's what makes it useless. I never said Roar was better than mollecular prime, but radial blind's melee bonus is terrible.  You don't want to be in melee range surrounded by enemies in T4S an hour in. Rhino's Roar at least applies to all damage not just melee.

Did you know, when you hit blind, 0s pop up where enemies are. Really?

I didn't say try to tank with Iron Skin that far in. But it is still useful because it stops effects and a hit to iron skin is a hit you are not taking to your health and shields.

Damage on stomp doesn't really matter for damage, but the little damage numbers that pop up are helpful because you can use the numbers to locate where enemies are.

"except for melee"

That's what makes it useless. I never said Roar was better than mollecular prime, but radial blind's melee bonus is terrible.  You don't want to be in melee range surrounded by enemies in T4S an hour in. Rhino's Roar at least applies to all damage not just melee.

Excal's blind also lets you do finishers for bonus dmg :3

No matter how close you are they can't see you

Perfect for melee.

If you think it's wearing off, just hit 2 again.

It seems that the people you play with with are the people who will never understand the importance of Excalibur and it's abilities, they must be them people who cant come up with anything for themselves and use the usual Rhino/Boltor set which I find isn't too good anyway.

Even though I am mastery rank 13 on Ps4, I still can't get into a public T4 Tower!

I main Excalibur (5x Forma) and I'm getting bagged on by 3 other people who are running....

- Rhino Prime, Boltor Prime,

I never even see what their secondaries and melee are because I get booted for being a " Excalibur Noob " ?

I've given up on pugs in T4 now.

This happening to anyone else?

In my view Rhino is a safety cushion so the player can facetank everything with something like a Soma or Boltor Prime, with as little tactical forethought as possible. Unluckily for them that "strategy" (and I use that term in the loosest way possible) falls flat on its arse after about 30 minutes of a T4 survival, where the foes can and will down you in a mere handful of hits.

Solution is just to host your own games and request what frames you want in your team. Anyone with half a brain will know tactics and team synergy outperforms tanking and pure DPS at higher tiers.

Radial Blind this, Radial Blind that.... I don't think anyone is really doubting Radial Blind, however (personally) the rest of his abilities feel easily overwhelmed by those of other frame's. Personally that's the only thing I feel Excal needs to be more in line with the rest, having one useful and spammable ability does not make him pitch perfect as some people paint him, he has a positive quality quality but he is not perfect.

Radial Blind this, Radial Blind that.... I don't think anyone is really doubting Radial Blind, however (personally) the rest of his abilities feel easily overwhelmed by those of other frame's. Personally that's the only thing I feel Excal needs to be more in line with the rest, having one useful and spammable ability does not make him pitch perfect as some people paint him, he has a positive quality quality but he is not perfect.

Radial Blind is his strongest power. Coupled with mobility skills like Slash Dash and Super Jump He becomes untouchable. The Only ability that I couldn't use effectively was Radial Javelin.

Excal's main strength is his ability to keep enemies under lockdown and avoiding taking damage.

Excalibur can also cause humiliating embarrasing defeats by virtue of super jump/heavy impact combos

I KILT U WIT MAH PRESENCE

Excalibur can also cause humiliating embarrasing defeats by virtue of super jump/heavy impact combos

I KILT U WIT MAH PRESENCE

I love you #maybehomo

Raidal blind is a good ability with lots of situations where it can be used. 

I would say his most lacking ability is radial javelin. It feels out of place and is the least useful of his ability set. Other frames do the AoE damage ultimate better.

When you are that deep in T4 and it wears off while you are surrounded by enemies (in melee range) a few seconds is all it takes to get screwed.

30 secs is more than enough to clear anything, and I will tell you a small secret.. but don't repeat that to anyone else.. you can recast it! Yes, you heard right! You can recast it!

On a serious note all of your ''arguments'' are invalid, in first place you don't have to be in melee range all the time.(I hope you knew that before)

and in second (once again) you can recast the skill. If you can't use that ability you have a serious problem.

When you are that deep in T4 and it wears off while you are surrounded by enemies (in melee range) a few seconds is all it takes to get screwed.

You can even cast Radial blind before it wears off. So with the the cheap cost, you can really lock down an entire room as long as your energy pool allows. Not enough energy? Use an energy restore...

When you're that deep into T4S, actually killing the enemies isn't what you're trying to do. Even the best boltor prime can't chew through a lvl 60 heavy gunner with any effectiveness, I know this from personal experience.

The goal is to keep enemy attention away from you, to keep their bullets away from you, to keep their ability to hunt you down to a bare minimum, and I've seen radial blind work great for this.

Edited by insaninater

When you're that deep into T4S, actually killing the enemies isn't what you're trying to do. Even the best boltor prime can't chew through a lvl 60 heavy gunner with any effectiveness, I know this from personal experience.

The goal is to keep enemy attention away from you, to keep their bullets away from you, to keep their ability to hunt you down to a bare minimum, and I've seen radial blind work great for this.

Really? I dont use boltor but my synapae took down lv 80 exiums.

Oh well, i love synapse

The only thing i dislike they nerfed to the oblivion radial javaline and slash dash now both sucks, slash dash no longer has punch trought making it useless as a travel mechanism and radial javaline got nerfed badly with damage 2.0

But its true, you will get kicked or call noob in the whole game

odd that when Im using my Excalibur Prime, shining like the boss god that I am I dont hear such wails from the mortals....

im about to equip my Excal Prime with the new MK1 weapons and run T4s and giggle at the confuzzled expressions and comments ill receive

gonna be great

odd that when Im using my Excalibur Prime, shining like the boss god that I am I dont hear such wails from the mortals....

im about to equip my Excal Prime with the new MK1 weapons and run T4s and giggle at the confuzzled expressions and comments ill receive

gonna be great

Sad thing is I'm currently doing this... Taking my Braton and excal prime to T3, only 4 fomra on the braton needs 6 for T4... So much hate but what they gonna do. 

I'm often the one with time most damage/kills. If I brought another slot I'd probably run a normal excal with forma and the Proto Skin. For the LELS. Braton has the IAHGAMES Skin, bright orange. Om nom nom...

And also radial blind is OP...

Edited by BritishBob

Sad thing is I'm currently doing this... Taking my Braton and excal prime to T3, only 4 fomra on the braton needs 6 for T4... So much hate but what they gonna do. 

I'm often the one with time most damage/kills. If I brought another slot I'd probably run a normal excal with forma and the Proto Skin. For the LELS. Braton has the IAHGAMES Skin, bright orange. Om nom nom...

And also radial blind is OP...

I find everything in this post to be made of 100% real goodness