The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Let Us Sell Resources For Credits.

Ketec

A lot of us may have excess amounts of something  - but especially the clan tech materials.

Any upcoming weapon etc complete ones can be farmed from alerts.

So what am i supposed to do with thousands of detonite ampules, fieldron samples, mutagen samples (and i guess alloy plate and nano spores too) - with price matching its rarity grade.

At least this way (unless they are priced stupidly low) - we can fuel transmuting and kubrows by selling them ( especially if you don't have the time to run high credit missions + farm materials/mods).

Even if i would turn detonites into complete ones - what would i do with 300+ complete detonite?

I too have silly amounts of alloy plate and nano spores now (about 1 million of each)... would be quite handy to sell excess resources for credits. Can't think why it hasn't been implemented before. It'd make credits a little easier to get hold of, but that may not be a bad thing. And besides, nobody makes any [real] money from credits.

• 1 month later...

I guess this idea is ok but i still think that you'd get more if you sell your +900 copies of decoy.

Alloy plates are junk right now since you don't use a lot of them to craft stuff but they might come in handy especially if you need them for archwings.

Corpus-style Archwing: 50.000 Salvage/10 Control Modules/300 Circuits/100 Fieldron Samples

Grineer-style Archwing: 50.000 Alloy plate/10 Control Modules/100 Rubedo/100 Detonite Samples

Infested Archwing: 50.000 Nanospores/10 Control Modules/100 Plastids/ 5 Neurodes/ 50 Mutagen Samples

Not sure if this would happen as you are more likely to earn profit from selling useless resources evrytime you run out of credits, wont farm for creds, just sell, but I really think it would he cool

Well you can already do this with mods so I don't think it'd really change much. I'd definitely be all for being able to sell off excess materials. 

It's an inherently circular concept, the way I see it. Credits are, by and large, really just another resource type. What would trading resources for credits accomplish apart from give us yet another option to build up a useless surplus of credits? There are many ways to gain credits already, a fair few of which people forego - alerts, for instance - and I honestly feel that adding another one wouldn't alleviate the issue of overabundance.

Sure, it's somewhat neat and convenient, but I'd honestly rather have more uses for the resources themselves than have an option to transmute them into credits. It seems a bit pointless to me to have that option when the problem isn't that we don't have enough credits (or at least, that's the impression I got from the OP), but that we don't have enough things to use resources on.

Adding more consumable types, for example, might help to create a more sustainable resource sink, which I feel is the real issue underlying the suggestion here. Trading resources for credits just seems circular and pointless to me, I'm sorry.