Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

With The Buff To The Spectra, It's Time.

Jaimas

Question

We need to come up with hilariously awesome Spectra Builds, people, because its damage has almost quadrupled:

Pre-Patch:

0.80 Impact
5.60 Puncture
1.60 Slash

8 damage total

Post-Patch:

3.0 Impact
21.0 Puncture
6.0 Slash

30 Damage Total

It is time for the Spectra to emerge from its place as an irrelevant flashlight.

Allow the nonsense of the littlest plasma cutter to commence.

This is what I worked out as a basic config: http://goo.gl/dZi5Me

Edited by Jaimas

19 answers to this question

Does it still deal damage in per-second clumps, or did they undo that monstrosity?

Does damage in much smaller clumps now. All the continuous-fire weapons do, it seems, but it's especially noticable with the lasers.

I still liked it before the changes. It was my main pistol.

I love guys like you, 277787. You're like me.

You see a gun nobody else is using and is dismissed as trash, but nobody's thwarting you, even as you get derision for packing Forma on a gun like the Spectra. Then a patch rolls around, and (to coin a contrast) you're sitting atop an Attica with a storm of Forma already spent on turning it into a death machine.

We need to come up with hilariously awesome Spectra Builds, people, because its damage has almost quadrupled:

Pre-Patch:

0.80 Impact
5.60 Puncture
1.60 Slash

8 damage total

Post-Patch:

3.0 Impact

21.0 Puncture
6.0 Slash

30 Damage Total

It is time for the Spectra to emerge from its place as an irrelevant flashlight.

Allow the nonsense of the littlest plasma cutter to commence.

This is what I worked out as a basic config: http://goo.gl/dZi5Me

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WARFREAM BUILDER!!!!!! O_O Wow!!!!!

THANK YOU!!!!

there's still a noticeable delay between damage being dealt, but since this is an online game and they need to optimize, no way around it, I guess.

You sweep over a group of enemies, and they fall to pieces about 150-300ms later, when the damage kicks in, even in solo-mode. Somewhat kills the immersion. I rather they didn't show ANY damage numbers, than have the damage being dealt with such delays.

Edited by ScorpDK

Long been a fan of the Spectra, formad it and I've used it many times.. Now this brings it into the realm of OP it deserves. Time for more hip flux madness.. Lul@all the people that thought it would never get its day.. Silly rabbits..

Long been a fan of the Spectra, formad it and I've used it many times.. Now this brings it into the realm of OP it deserves. Time for more hip flux madness.. Lul@all the people that thought it would never get its day.. Silly rabbits..

The Spectra has come to reap the doubters.

there's still a noticeable delay between damage being dealt, but since this is an online game and they need to optimize, no way around it, I guess.

You sweep over a group of enemies, and they fall to pieces about 150-300ms later, when the damage kicks in, even in solo-mode. Somewhat kills the immersion. I rather they didn't show ANY damage numbers, than have the damage being dealt with such delays.

I play on solo most of the time, and my Twin Vipers are perfectly fine with spraying numbers. Online delay is understandable, but off?

EDIT:Put a Gunslinger on it, it almost feels like it did when it sprayed numbers.

Yep, Gunslinger helps. Now to find a way to get the Slash damage higher than Puncture...

Edited by Shion963

I dropped 5 Formas over 4million Exp. put into it. It was worth all of the farming to re-level each time, because it got stronger every time. I laugh at the people who wished it was like the Flux Rifle, and the doubters because they didn't know the potential this gun had.

I don't care for an update/buff for it because, people will use as much as the Flux rifle when it was super buff updates ago. I like when I seemed to be the only one who know it's power that was hidden inside of it.

Edited by 277787