Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

U14 Has Completely Changed The Atmosphere Of Warframe...

Soulie

eh the gameplay is still the same, gun and shoot, what the different?

everything leading up to actually getting in the missions if you can be bothered, also the kubrows arent that bad, as in you can just ignore them if you want same as spectres and dark sectors, you dont miss out on anything, just stick to your sentinel if the kubrows arent your thing.

This post...

"I'm really sick of seeing them.  I figure'd I'd get used to seeing so many players with them, like with sentinels, but nope."

So you post a topic about seeing new additions to a game, and how it makes you feel bad.

Yelp, you posted a good topic.

This post...

"I'm really sick of seeing them.  I figure'd I'd get used to seeing so many players with them, like with sentinels, but nope."

So you post a topic about seeing new additions to a game, and how it makes you feel bad.

Yelp, you posted a good topic.

as i read it, he is saying that for a new and anticipated addition to the game hes not seeing many people actually use them, exactly the same as spectres, i never saw them either (spectres) apart from a token few times not long after they appeared but saw none at all after that.

unless i misinterpreted his comment??

The different atmosphere you're feeling is the sudden sense of connection.  ...

Speak for yourself, many players feel less connected with the new UI than the old one (or just physically ill).  Though I guess for us the connection comes from doing mission with our fellow Tenno be they allies, clan mates, friends or even just squad mates for that mission.

Instead of us floating in outer space, we're given a home. We're given an AI talking to us periodically instead of silence. We're given Lotus alerting us to events going on once in awhile...

For many we didnt just limit our imagination to what we saw on the screen, so not all of us were just 'floating in space' (for many people I have played with it was to them (myself included), what the navigation system effectivly represents now).  Honestly what you call a home in this case I call the car, either way its still foating in space (where that space is though is anyones guess now).  The dojo to me is far more a home than the player ship could ever be.

So we got out own Hal/Glados/wheatly/anoying computer.

Lotus informed us before to (just like now, the inmission alerts are the only new info we get now), but we didnt have to go diging to find said alert or notice either.

The problem with all of this though, is that players are used to being heavily disconnected from everything. The old UI had nothing that even resembled lore. It was basic, dull, and, though a little faster, it didn't actually add on to the feel DE wanted to convey.

The new UI offers no more lore than the previous one did, but it wasn't just a little faster it was vastly faster.  It also didnt give players negative physical effects either (like headaches and feeling ill).  Dull and basic is way to subjective, but some of the new UI is the old UI on an angle or visually blocked by things that dont need to be there, thus by inferance is still dull and basic while harder to use. 

You cant honestly say the ring of balls isnt more dull than a layed out solar system, the rings tell a player nothing at all, and it may as well just been a list of planets for all the detail it provides.

As to it not fitting what DE wants to convey; they have never told us with they want to convey (dispite many questions for live streams asking as much) so how can we know. 

They did happily convey that we are Tenno over watching the Sol system so no one faction gains more power than another. 

Tenno no longer watch over the system instead we zip from here and there in their shiny new car doing things for no aparent reason at all other than lining their own pockets.

... Either way, sorry to hear you can't adapt to this new change. ....

Nice of you to be condecending to someone that just happens to have an opposing opinion.

Edited by Loswaith

Nice of you to be condecending to someone that just happens to have an opposing opinion.

I wasn't being condescending. At all. I don't even know how you gleaned that from my post. I was being completely genuine about being sorry he didn't like the new UI, since I actually know him (through gameplay and the forums, not on a personal level of course)

Frankly it sounded like you were being the condescending one in your post. I stated my opinion on the matter, and you seemed aching to try and rip it apart with your own opinion.

Anyway, the way I meant "Connection" is not the same meaning you're using. I meant that the game has finally given us an actual piece of the universe to reside in. And that piece is the ship, with all its functionality. All its noises. All its Ai. All its Lotus. All its Kubrow. It's unnerving, because we didn't have something rooting us into the universe before this update.

THAT was what I was trying to convey. And I stated it in the calmest most sincerest way possible. But nope, of coooooouuuurrrrrsssse there has to be someone who thinks such a post is malicious. *rolls eyes* Gotta love the internet.

Edited by SoulEchelon

I wasn't being condescending. At all. I don't even know how you gleaned that from my post. I was being completely genuine about being sorry he didn't like the new UI, since I actually know him (through gameplay and the forums, not on a personal level of course)

then you just worded yourself wrong, even when i read that comment to me it sounded like you were mocking him for being some sort of incompetent simpleton (lots of ppl voice that exact opinion be it deliberate or accidental) somehow unable to grasp how to use the new menu system which is vastly different from knowing exactly how it works but disliking it for being several steps backward from the previous one.

Edited by Methanoid

then you just worded yourself wrong, even when i read that comment to me it sounded like you were mocking him for being some sort of incompetent simpleton (lots of ppl voice that exact opinion be it deliberate or accidental) somehow unable to grasp how to use the new menu system which is vastly different from knowing exactly how it works but disliking it for being several steps backward from the previous one.

I don't see it. But fine, I'll edit my post.

I think I remember you, used to invite people in Defenses back when they had fixed waves and were just epic xp/mod/nanospore farms. Oh, and also Frost wrecking stuff everywhere.

I don't dislike the update at all. But the game DOES feel different for sure. Sometimes I get the feeling too that this is completely different from what I used to play. Pretty much little of the "old" things is left now, Warframe is unrecogniseable compared to the Closed Beta

Brings back memories :)

http://www.twitch.tv/soulie_d/c/1950228

Update 14 was largely eye-candy. The only real thing I enjoyed about it was the quest system (Mirage Quest was awesome) and Mirage itself.

The rest is either unnecessary eye candy (Liset) or a pointless time and money sink (Kubrow).

The old UI worked perfectly fine and was super efficient, once you learned how to handle it.

I admit that the new UI looks better and is intuitively better to understand for new players, but I really miss the old fast efficiency.

I hate the bright, cramped atmosphere on the ship.

I used to be a semi-mystical being, my consciousness emotionlessly drifting among the stars in a meditative state, pondering where to strike next and unleash myself to cause mayhem for a greater good. My body, motionless completely embedded into my ship, constantly being modified and reequipped for the mission at hand, only moving during deployment only moving to kill.

A life dedicated to constant meditation and combat. A post-human star eremite from a long dead era that was given a new purpose by Lotus.

The Liset has destroyed that feeling.

The workbenches make me a worker, the manual interfaces make me less at one with my ship and my warframe at the same time.

The ship is also not at one with me. There is Ordis, the ships consciousness, that is another person. It makes me dissociate from my equipment.

The Kubrow is the worst. I can interact with it, showing semblance of humanly comprehensible emotion, affection, tenderness.

In short: With update 14, the Tenno have become fully human. We have our houses and families, our cars or boats, our pets and fashions.

I hate that direction. I don't want to feel homely, I want to feel alien when playing warframe.

I don't feel like I'm sth. totally different than the Grineer and Corpus I fight against and I don't like it.

Eh, I feel the exact opposite. The old UI felt incomplete, and the tenno crouching up top felt like an afterthought. It completely disconnected me from the game world, and was just a video game menu. I mean, there's nothing wrong with that. I just didn't like it.

Different people like different things though.

OP

Personally I judge an update as an addition to the game not as a whole by itself. In regard to the game atmosphere there is the loading, I still don't know what to think about it, and Ordis really really sticks out.

Eh, I feel the exact opposite. The old UI felt incomplete, and the tenno crouching up top felt like an afterthought. It completely disconnected me from the game world, and was just a video game menu. I mean, there's nothing wrong with that. I just didn't like it.

Different people like different things though.

I liked the starchart but the tenno sitting felt somewhat dumb, made it look like just like a simple menu as you said. I didn't like the fact that it's slower than the previous one but in the end I did get used to moving in the ship, the esc menu still could be more practical I think.

Yep DE really crashed the plane into the side of the mountain with Update 14. Just about everything about it is terrible. The UI is incredibly amateur it's insane that it made it's way to release. Someone needs to be held responsible. Then there is the complete disaster of kubrows. It's like they have no clue what they are doing.