Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Derp Moments

Quizel

I forgot what our solar system was called >.>.

Uh, so... other than "the solar system", what is it called?

Oh, nevermind.

Waaaait a second...

"The Solar System", as a capitalized noun, is a perfectly fine formal title for... the solar system. The term "solar system" actually refers specifically to this one.

Other systems are known as "star-" or "planetary systems".

Also:

Yep, there we go. It implies that there are other systems out there, maybe we'll even get to see them some day. Or not.

There are obviously other systems out there, and many of them have been seen.

Edited by Knaimhe

Uh, so... other than "the solar system", what is it called?

Oh, nevermind.

Waaaait a second...

"The Solar System", as a capitalized noun, is a perfectly fine formal title for... the solar system. The term "solar system" actually refers specifically to this one.

Other systems are known as "star-" or "planetary systems".

Also:

There are obviously other systems out there, and many of them have been seen.

(Psst, they're talking about Warframe.)

Yep, there we go. It implies that there are other systems out there, maybe we'll even get to see them some day. Or not.

there is another system on the warframe universe, you have to look at the mag prime lore. It will be awesome if in the future DE does an event where the Corpus rebuild the terminus on Pluto and the Sentients invade the Origin system.

there is another system on the warframe universe, you have to look at the mag prime lore. It will be awesome if in the future DE does an event where the Corpus rebuild the terminus on Pluto and the Sentients invade the Origin system.

And then we slay them all!!!!

Rar. 

BTW: My most recent derp moment actually spans over the many weeks that deltas have been dropping like pancakes served at IHOP.  That is, they drop in abundance for everyone EXCEPT ME!  I still have to go 20 minutes in ceres survivals to get just 1 delta.

Then I realized, many weeks later, my bias towards hosting was screwing me over.  All I had to do was join someone else's game and pickup their deltas...

Edited by KnotOfMetal

(Psst, they're talking about Warframe.)

Is that so?

Seems rather unintuitive to me.

The title of the thread is "derp moments".

The "origin system", or whatever the name is, is a fictitious moniker used in a computer game.

The name is rarely mentioned and wholly irrelevant to gameplay.

I would hardly call forgetting such a frivolous factoid a "derp moment", unless maybe we're sitting in a room of intolerable Warframe pedants.

Edited by Knaimhe

My derp moment was when I tried using Pull on my Loki Prime and couldn't figure out why a Decoy kept popping up.

But; in the game, we're in the Origin System.  IRL, we're in  is just the Solar System, far as I know.

Haha nice. 

But yeah, I had to google it lol. Totally face palmed after seeing the solar system is called the solar system >.>.