Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[U15 Megathread] Archwing/syndicates/limbo (It's Here Edition)

Letter13

It was something that sort of spontaneously happened in the livestream. The frame didn't even have a name until someone mentioned "limbo" and Scott picked up on it. I thought it was little more than a working title of sorts, a placeholder until they came up with an actual name.

And this is my criticism in a nutshell ... stuff just gets "pulled right out of a hat"

No contemplative reflection

No vetting

No serious deliberation

Just "Abra-kadabra", "Presto-chango", "Hey Rockie!  Watch me ..." and then "POOF!" - a new warframe name!!

Wow!

It really IS space magic!

Problem is that the "space" has nothing to do with the realm of the universe outside Earth's atmosphere ...

I love the new frame. It's actually really creative and different and looks cool. People are way too hung up on the "ninja" theme and considering real ninjas didn't have a conformed look and considering that we already have a lot of "non-ninja" frames, the outrage is over this is pretty silly.

Well, i must say that...

Limbo represents the end of warframe for me.

When i saw Hydroid i thougth... "uhm a pirate tenno (i don´t like pirates, but, fine, well), a bit out of theme... Space ninjas, pseudonazi-clones, über-capistalist, disney-pixar-aliens: ok, it´s a pìrate, at least it´s a kind of warrior".
When I saw Mirage I thougth... "wtf! a clown, a f*****g clown. Ok, a lot of pleople likes harlequins, ok it´s out of the warframe thematic integrity (at least in my mind, i concede that), but it´s only one frame, it´s... tolerable".

I was hoping for this uptade to make something of warframe: a game for adults. i was mistaken, it´s my fault. I was whising for lore, scfi lore. I see syndicates and it feels like something that would improve the game, not only the repetitive gameplay, THE GAME ITSELF. I was hoping for a plot, for a chance to play the game and say: "now it has a universe, a background, from that great explotable basics that warframe initiali had"; but no. WE HAD LIMBO instead. A circus mage. Out of any consistency, he reminds me that this is a kids game and i´m not a kid. Again it´s my fault, the videogame industry it´s bussines and they have their target costumers.

Ok, i´m out of this product. I only need to say this because i used to like the early warframe concepts and now i feel frustraded with the unused posibilities of the ruined (and unseen) lore.

Grineers were one of the best enemy concepts i saw in years in videogames, despite the plane use of the evil clones, their desing was excellent and i must congratulate their designer/s. But now warframe is lost in a circus filled with lots of clowns, mages, pirates, trains and children.

Have a nice day with the kids DE.

See you SOON.

It was something that sort of spontaneously happened in the livestream. The frame didn't even have a name until someone mentioned "limbo" and Scott picked up on it. I thought it was little more than a working title of sorts, a placeholder until they came up with an actual name.

Someone else on the forums suggested "Eidolon", which I absolutely love, but it looks like we're stuck with Limbo.

...still gonna call him Eidolon.

But just because it was spontanous doesn't mean it's bad, eh?

Eidolon is also a nice name...

And this is my criticism in a nutshell ... stuff just gets "pulled right out of a hat"

No contemplative reflection

No vetting

No serious deliberation

Just "Abra-kadabra", "Presto-chango", "Hey Rockie!  Watch me ..." and then "POOF!" - a new warframe name!!

Wow!

It really IS space magic!

Problem is that the "space" has nothing to do with the realm of the universe outside Earth's atmosphere ...

Do you want them to type funny words into google translate instead?

Well, i must say that...

When i saw Hydroid i thougth... "uhm a pirate tenno (i don´t like pirates, but, fine, well), a bit out of theme... Space ninjas, pseudonazi-clones, über-capistalist, disney-pixar-aliens: ok, it´s a pìrate, at least it´s a kind of warrior".

When I saw Mirage I thougth... "wtf! a clown, a f*****g clown. Ok, a lot of pleople likes harlequins, ok it´s out of the warframe thematic integrity (at least in my mind, i concede that), but it´s only one frame, it´s... tolerable".

I was hoping for this uptade to make something of warframe: a game for adults. i was mistaken, it´s my fault. I was whising for lore, scfi lore. I see syndicates and it feels like something that would improve the game, not only the repetitive gameplay, THE GAME ITSELF. I was hoping for a plot, for a chance to play the game and say: "now it has a universe, a background, from that great explotable basics that warframe initiali had"; but no. WE HAD LIMBO instead. A circus mage. Out of any consistency, he reminds me that this is a kids game and i´m not a kid. Again it´s my fault, the videogame industry it´s bussines and they have their target costumers.

Ok, i´m out of this product. I only need to say this because i used to like the early warframe concepts and now i feel frustraded with the unused posibilities of the ruined (and unseen) lore.

Grineers were one of the best enemy concepts i saw in years in videogames, despite the plane use of the evil clones, their desing was excellent and i must congratulate their designer/s. But now warframe is lost in a circus filled with lots of clowns, mages, pirates, trains and children.

See you SOON.

So, you came in expecting a game of "space ninjas" and yet you say you're quitting because the game is no longer for "adults" because they added a frame based on a magician?

If you said you were quitting because you just didn't like the direction that the game is heading thematically it would have been fine, but to say that this game is no longer for adults and that it's now a kid's game?

Yeah, that's just....

Edited by EetNotErn

Limbo, I only caught a glimpse of him and thought "I want to be that!!!"

He looks Like a magician/ archduke (In my opinion anyway)

Please tell me where to get him when he comes out.

The only problem I've had with any of the frames so far is that I personally think they are all awesome but everyone else is completely cynical about the Developers working hard to bring them wonderful new content.

I can only speculate about his powers but I know Limbo is going to have an awesome set.

It would be really cool if he had a special "Elegant" animation where he would remove his hat and stand at a half bow and he would walk as if he commanded respect from even the most unruly of hooligans.

Limbo will beat respect right into the enemy, and by that he will gain yours i'm sure.

Please anyone who is actually excited feel free to comment and tell me what you think of him.

Well, i must say that...

See you SOON.

Bye-have-a-beautiful-time-o.gif

didn't know brutally cutting enemies up, fighting zombie like creatures, rescue of a tortured sister, and everything else thats great about this game were in other kid games. last i checked there is no mini game that makes us add 2 + 2 and gives us stickers in this game. glad you're leaving. although you aren't a child anymore you are probably more immature than a child for that closed minded thinking. bye have a beautiful time

Edited by Llelouche