Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[U15 Megathread] Archwing/syndicates/limbo (It's Here Edition)

Letter13

My theory is that when the Excalibur in the trailer started glowing, he activated some sort of emergency life support, which Tenno don't use in case something like this happens out of nowhere. Then, when the Archwing is received, it provides a good supply of life supply, but this should probably give the mission a timer to get out of there.

Though that's just speculation, don't take it as mere fact.

Edited by GaleRoar

The arch would imply ancientness and being above other wings... While dropping the h is instead a reference to electricity and arcing like chaining from one target to the next. Drop your opinions if your not tired of archwing threads yet.

It just seems that arc makes more sense for your ELECTRONIC SCI FI WINGS

That's cause it's a code name, not a description. Like Wing Zero for example.

I don't care about the life support thing. Heck, our shields take damage in cold environments and space isn't exactly known to be hot, so that would pose another problem, but from a gameplay perspective, the thing just looked fun in the presentation. I'm more worried about the mod-side of things. I don't want that thing to come with another 8 mod slots, half of which are mega rare and only drop in some specific, boring, low-level area and half of them have ten ranks, which means you'll be farming fusion cores for an eternity and a half. I hope we can just use them and have fun with them and we're not gonna have to mod them. Or at least not too much.

space is deadly for other reasons besides lack of atmosphere. radiation will fry someone unprotected in seconds. they'll still be alive...but they are doomed. that and the vids for archwing kind of looked like a scrolling shooter.

guess space magic covers all that though >.>

and has been mentioned, bugs, glitches, general implementation snafus...not hyped at all. apprehensive since this obviously is also going to take resources that could be used for other things like fixing stuff.

Edited by DeadX65

the u15 trailer is just a sneak peek.

and even after its been released there will be correction and bugfixes, just look at the kubrow feature.

im hyped about how it works and i have lots of question on my mind

• will it be just useable on a surprise attack? like how frequent stalkers appear?

• will it be timed? since we are at 0 gravity and might get our suits crushed

• will we be able to use our normal weapons?

• will we be able to actually travel with it and raid ships?

its too far to think about, but neat to be discussed 

or our questions be answered by:

guess space magic covers all that though >.>

1317259039812.jpg

Edited by Ritchel

My take on the subject is that DE are trying to evoke the concept of holiness with this. Just look at Excalibur's pose at the end and tell me that "Angel" doesn't spring to mind.

If this is the case, then Archwing is far more appropriate.

Our shields protect against vacuum and cold. We can tell this from Tenno not losing health while our shields are going down when a window breaks that excessive cold (possibly cold and moisture) causes our shields to function less efficiently. The Tenno themselves are quite well protected from vacuum while in their Warframes, after all, their primary method of exit involved vacuum exposure for much longer than would be healthy for a human.

Given that I don't think it's a stretch to say that the Archwing gives us better shields and a source of life support.

My take on the subject is that DE are trying to evoke the concept of holiness with this. Just look at Excalibur's pose at the end and tell me that "Angel" doesn't spring to mind.

If this is the case, then Archwing is far more appropriate.

Glad I'm not the only one.

Yes but in warframe, we already have sections of the ship that have been completely broken (and exposed to space) and yet we haven't been crushed down into itty bitty pieces…yet.

We would probably just swell up if Warframe is in real life (or at least our blood will boil at low temperatures).