The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[U15 Megathread] Archwing/syndicates/limbo (It's Here Edition)

Letter13

Seriously I don't know if it's the new players or just people who don't really get gaming...with the below statement

"Another thing is the part where we are in space with no visible source of life support."

Is it that hard to just escape from reality when playing a game?   They said they are revising it to make more sense...imo more sense regarding lore....

Like did you seriously play Super Mario and questioned why you need a mushroom to power up?  Or why Solid Snake can fit in a box and not be seen?

P.S.  Do Want ArchWing

P.S.S.  Screw perfect sentences...stream of thought comments from now on.....the ignorance here is mindnumbing 

First off, suspension of disbelief is the cornerstone of all fiction ... 

BUT what distinguishes true Science Fiction from Fantasy is that the former voluntarily submits to rational explanation while the later does not

Warframe - despite all of its inconsistencies - attempts to be SF and not pure fantasy

Examples:

1. The Orokin won The Old War by using the properties of The Void which the Sentients could not fathom - in other words the Orokin used Science not Magic

2. The different abilities of the Tenno arise from unique - implicitly genetic differences - responses/adaptation to Void energy

3. The Kubrow are subject to the science of genetics and animal husbandry, not magic

Secondly, Warframe is in part an RPG (albeit presently a weak one) ...

Therefore, in order to gain immersion, the gamer must understand their place in the fictional world and how that fictional world works

Examples:

1. Option to aid Grineer or Corpus in conflicts with consequences of Gustag Three or Zanuka seeking revenge

2. Option to kill various bosses with consequences of Stalker seeking you out

3. Option to save the Colonists in Vor's Prize

THERFORE, it is imminently reasonable for the gamer/reader to use reason and logic along with a basic understanding of natural sciences to make sense about various elements of the Warframe universe

To just "forget about that fact that it doesn't make any sense - just play the damn game" is both inconsistent with the fundamental aspects of the game as well as woefully inadequate to gain the greatest possible experience of playing the game 

I end with this open question:  Just what is it that asking a question in these forums poses a problem for those who are not interested in the question?

If the question is irrelevant or just boring, why bother with all the negativity directed at the questioner?

3. Option to save the Colonists in Vor's Prize

Or if you make the mistake of running the thing in public matchmaking instead of solo, you may not have that option. I had some S#&$ty rank 0 come in and freak out and hit extraction as soon as possible, so I didn't even get to see what destroying the ship's core would do.

edit:

maybe archwing overpowers our shields and we can withstand the vacuum? or the warframes are fine in vacuum?

how about oxygen? archiwing supplies us with o^2 also?

If you look closely in the trailer Ex gets his shields... reinforced or something. He glows blue.

from the trailer, the archwing mode seems more like open space fight, the part with the sword seemed more like a minigame, maybe if you do special conditions with "open part" archwing, you activate a special sword minigame? that s what it would look like for me

The melee part looked like a really canned segment where they just dropped a bunch of dummy enemies into the test world for the sake of killing them with a trailer-rific combo. I doubt there will be situations where enemies line up like that in the actual game.

They spent a year on it so it is unlikely that they will delay it again.

Really doesnt matter. U14 was their biggest and "the best and most polished" update ever, and yet it was mediocre on release.

1 year development doenst mean anything ( and i dont believe they are developing Archwing for over a year ).

Ok my speculations: Worse case scenario, Best case Scenario.

Worse: Archwings are random events.

Best: You can use Warframe powers while using Archwings, Archwings add to Combat, Archwings can be used in any mission, Archwings can be used to access different parts of the ship, Archwings can be used to get to extraction in different ways, Archwings  can be used to Infiltrate enemy ships in unique ways, Archwings have cool effects for each warframe, Archwings can be used in combat, Archwings are fun to use, Archwings can be used to fight bosses, Kubrows grow wings to follow you while you use Archwings, Stalker can use Archwing.

I really hope Archwings don't ignore Warframe powers, and each power does something unique when used in archwing state, and Archwings have a role in every mission type.

Also Kubrows growing wings to follow you in archwings, would be the best... Logic defying, but the best.