Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[U15 Megathread] Archwing/syndicates/limbo (It's Here Edition)

Letter13

didnt get a chance to read through the 65 pages.......but if we use archwings...does that mean there are modications to the warframe that will occur as well? currently we cant handle being in an area without life support or oxygen....

any ideas? will there be added armor pieces to warframes? will there be a helmet replacement just for archwing usage?

*lolz just noticed the post above mentioning oxygen and life support as well

If I remember right I think they said they were changing survival missions so maybe no more oxygen issue.

Most people can't be bothered to rattle their brain for old gaming history.

?Okay?....

However, what we're shown for Archwing is going from a standard run-through level into spaceship mode to continue the fight. Which was actually the entire theme of TGL--doing exactly that, over and over again.

So what we're being promised is effectively TGL3D, but nobody mentioned it.

People often quote/reference TV shows and movies older than TGL(like gundam), so...

Based on what was shown, the most appropriate thing:

The_Guardian_Legend_by_xjager513.jpg

...and yet, I haven't seen anyone mention it.

Thanks for the Gaming History lesson ... 1+

Since I never played this game myself, I did some brief background research and was immediately met with this comment on Wiki:

" ... while it (The Guardians of Legend) has been praised for its impressive graphics (circa 1988), memorable sound, and responsive controls, it has been criticized for its repetitive gameplay ..."

Oh gee ... wonder what THAT sounds like?!

I suppose that imitation is still the best form of flattery but one marvels at how the more that things change (3D vs 2D), the more they stay the same

people probably dont mention an obscure and generic game from 1988 because they more than likely havent heard of it, and its even likely that the game came out before they were even born or aware of video games

they might also not mention it because when you think "free roaming space combat using a variety of melee and ranged weapons featuring people in battlesuits", things come to mind other than top down shooters. gundam, for example.

people probably dont mention an obscure and generic game from 1988 because they more than likely havent heard of it, and its even likely that the game came out before they were even born or aware of video games

they might also not mention it because when you think "free roaming space combat using a variety of melee and ranged weapons featuring people in battlesuits", things come to mind other than top down shooters. gundam, for example.

It was actually rather unique in the way it blended both free roam and shooter, and you had both melee and ranged weapons in both modes.

As I watched the teaser over and over again(coz it's AWESOME !!!) and I realized a thing...during the part when Excalibur saw the Fomorian ship...the flying orange drone-thingy is shooting lasers, and it's Grineers...

Grineers suppose to use hitscan bullets...not lasers...maybe Grineers finally have the laser technology from Corpus??

Xtra : I found a cool post about concepts fn different types of Archwing...thanks to kingfirejet...

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/293144-update-15-archwing-concepts-designs-missions-etc-art/

As I watched the teaser over and over again(coz it's AWESOME !!!) and I realized a thing...during the part when Excalibur saw the Fomorian ship...the flying orange drone-thingy is shooting lasers, and it's Grineers...

Grineers suppose to use hitscan bullets...not lasers...maybe Grineers finally have the laser technology from Corpus??

Xtra : I found a cool post about concepts fn different types of Archwing...thanks to kingfirejet...

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/293144-update-15-archwing-concepts-designs-missions-etc-art/

That's not lasers - those are flak cannons or something similar.  They obviously have a travel time. 

Edited by Gaminus

Well, the Corpus don't use lasers, their guns are plasma repeaters according to lore. However, those could be actual lasers, which might work okay as a short-range weapon in space. Considering we have primitive laser weaponry now, it's not a stretch that the Grineer might have some. Maybe it just doesn't work well in an atmosphere or something.

Or those could just be flak rounds like what the Drakgoon shoots.

They have to be lasers there the only projectiles the can go though space, star wars logic

TRUE

Edited by vaugahn