Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[U15 Megathread] Archwing/syndicates/limbo (It's Here Edition)

Letter13

this has been brought up a lot before in fan concepts. I support the idea, but please skim through pre-existing threads first.

And while I LOVE gundam and want as many homages, i see funnels as either falling VERY short in terms of functionality. DE would need to add multiple types, like the Nu Gundams Fin Funnels for all around use, Throne Zweis Fangs for a huge damage and speed bias, or the Shamblo's reflector bits to provide a lot of defense

Sidenote: I'd love to see effects like Trans-Am, F91s Metal-peel-off, or the Gundam Delta kai's NITRO system.

Archwing needs to be kept to space and not allowed elsewhere. Let's not destroy all the content in the game at once...

I'd actually enjoy it if we could fire on level interiors from space. Like you jump out in your Arcwing and then your friend lures everyone into a room with a window so you can blast them. That would be cool.

Funnels would be idea for an area-denial type Archwing, where you can just deploy them and let them do their own thing. Given that we don't have newtype powers or anything like that to control multiple funnels at once, the best we can see in Warframe is to see Funnels be highly mobile, autonomous units that can attack and engage enemies on their own. Likely limits would be making the funnels time limited either by a hard timer or via energy toggle (i.e. consumes energy every second they're out).

I do wish each Warframe could have at least one unique power while using the archwing, something that kind of grasps their overall concept.  Excalibur having a super dash attack or Trinity being able to restore energy/shields or something.  Interested in learning more.

same, if not i don't really see a reason not to use my valkyr or saryn for the hp/armor, which is really quite sad. but there would be no logical way for some of the frames to use their moves.

Maybe it's just me but from watching the dev-stream and hearing DE Steve ask the name of the Onanata or whatever it was I got the impression that you play that specific Archwing... As in it has it's own HP/Energy value that basically overrides the excalibro he was playing. I'm thinking that during the Archwing portions your frame will not matter, you simply choose the Archwing you want to play as... Like think of them as secondary war frames that override your frame during Archwing portions. Anyway that's my take on it I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure that's what they were saying, same goes for your ranged and me lee weapons that are just overridden during the Archwing mode.

i saw the devstream, it was really good. it almost feels like my old game called "Air Rivals"

though im thinking about a mission type like

-Sabotage: going to fight a ship and its guards with your archwing objective is to cripple its offense capabilities by planting bombs to the ship's mega offensive turrets while fending off defenders

-A new system for the dojo: clan mission: the dojo gets raided  by fomorians and you have to defend it with archwing

clan will have an HP, if it goes 50%, the enemies are going to raid your ship and you need to defend it from the inside

just wanna share ideas

"Let's bypass all current game mechanics and strategies for playing and replace it with 95% of the playerbase hovering around using Archwing weapons and abilities."

Hmm.... You can already bypass the game mechanics if you want to just by using Zephyr, and if you aren't a fan of Zephyr, you could use Coptering and that will launch you forward, true you wont be "Flying" though I'm sure that DE will balance flight.  Personally I'd like to be able to equip it to allow us to replace Coptering in general with something 'legit'